Rumor: Ducks trying to unload a contract in order to re-sign Rakell/Lindholm

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
If the reason Murray hasn't signed him is entirely because of the recent injury then he's costing Rakell a decent amount of money. That's a dick move and a good way to piss someone off.

It's not a dick move at all. Especially since the ducks likely just paid for his last surgery/ medical expenses even though Rakell isn't under contract.

That's the risk Rakell took by waiting so long to get something done.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If the reason Murray hasn't signed him is entirely because of the recent injury then he's costing Rakell a decent amount of money. That's a dick move and a good way to piss someone off.

the reason he isn't signed is this. he believed he could get both his holdout rfa's to sign bridge contracts. so like a bad gm he didn't leave enough room in cap space to do this. that is why now he is scrambling to move contracts out unsuccessfully now.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It's not a dick move at all. Especially since the ducks likely just paid for his last surgery/ medical expenses even though Rakell isn't under contract.

That's the risk Rakell took by waiting so long to get something done.

Do you know for sure the ducks paid?

Yes it is a risk and I don't know if my scenario is the case but if it is I still think it's a dick move.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Teams are no under obligation sign a guy who isn't healthy enough play. That's the risk players take when they don't sign a contract right away.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Teams are no under obligation sign a guy who isn't healthy enough play. That's the risk players take when they don't sign a contract right away.

True. And players are not obligated to play through minor injuries, but they do, and if they don't we skewer them for it. Loyalty is a two-way street.

However, I don't think the injury has anything to do with Rackell not being signed. You sign Rackell, and Lindholm gets an OS, the Ducks are SCREWED. I think that has more to do with it.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Can anyone more knowledgeable of the situation update Lindholm's fantasy owners about if and when we can expect him to sign and then get back playing?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Can anyone more knowledgeable of the situation update Lindholm's fantasy owners about if and when we can expect him to sign and then get back playing?

impossible to know... if reports are true that he wants Ekblad money but Ducks are offering Risto/Jones type money ish, they will be at a standstill for an extremely long time.

That's like 2 mill per year apart cap hit(and I believe his 1st season of deal his salary is actually 9 mill)

Get ready to wait IF the reports are true

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Do you know for sure the ducks paid?

Yes it is a risk and I don't know if my scenario is the case but if it is I still think it's a dick move.

Do I know for sure? No.. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case though. Either way, that's the risk he took on by not signing a contract. Its not a dick move by the GM if all of a sudden curcumstances change for the player and he loses leverage.

clownshoes

Mar 5, 2008
Windowless room
Definitely have a weird feeling that Rakell will be signed before Lindholm

I agree, right now and moving forward, the team needs rakell more than Lindholm, the scoring depth is non-existant with noone in the pipeline. I don't want to lose Lindholm but the Ducks have superb talent at D on the roster AND in the pipeline. It's a tough call, but who does the team need more in the coming years during what I consider is shaping up to be a mini-rebuild. Also, if Lindholm wants crazy $ and won't budge, screw him, he's not worth 6-7 million on a cap suppressed team.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I agree, right now and moving forward, the team needs rakell more than Lindholm, the scoring depth is non-existant with noone in the pipeline. I don't want to lose Lindholm but the Ducks have superb talent at D on the roster AND in the pipeline. It's a tough call, but who does the team need more in the coming years during what I consider is shaping up to be a mini-rebuild. Also, if Lindholm wants crazy $ and won't budge, screw him, he's not worth 6-7 million on a cap suppressed team.

Okay trade him to NJ please. I would easily be willing to pay him $7 million. Top 10 Dman in the league. The team's financial constraints should not limit the player's salary.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

The Devils will be happy to take him off your hands

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Okay trade him to NJ please. I would easily be willing to pay him $7 million. Top 10 Dman in the league. The team's financial constraints should not limit the player's salary.

Except he isn't a top 10 defenseman. Trust me. We saw him all season. He's good, and with a promising future, but this top 10 talk is not based on the way he plays on the ice.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Except he isn't a top 10 defenseman. Trust me. We saw him all season. He's good, and with a promising future, but this top 10 talk is not based on the way he plays on the ice.

Top 20. And he's getting better.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden

I saw him too all season, and he is great, not just good. Not top 10 yet, I would class that as elite.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Top 20. And he's getting better.

Debatable, and he's also shown signs that he can be worse too.

I don't mind paying some for potential, but Lindholm's consistency leaves something to be desired. In his current form, he's not worth that kind of price tag.

aj8000

Jun 5, 2010
Debatable, and he's also shown signs that he can be worse too.

I don't mind paying some for potential, but Lindholm's consistency leaves something to be desired. In his current form, he's not worth that kind of price tag.

You are likely right that he is not worth the money. Funny how posters say that they would pay 6.5 to 7 million per year in a heart beat when it is not their money they are offering up.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I saw him too all season, and he is great, not just good. Not top 10 yet, I would class that as elite.

Ugh. I wasn't trying to label him just as good with that statement. You don't need to come to his defense there. He's a very talented young player, with a lot of upside. But paying for potential should only add so much to a contract. We should also be paying for what he currently is, and he is absolutely not a $6.5m defenseman.

The simple fact he was neck and neck at times with Fowler, and was even outplayed by Fowler at times, should reinforce that. They were both the best defensemen for the team at different times. I wouldn't pay that for Fowler. I wouldn't pay it for Lindholm.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Can you please trade him to Toronto then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad