Confirmed with Link: Ducks sign Luke Schenn (1y/800k)

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
At 28 Schenn stay at home style is perfect for dman like Montour or Fowler.
If he has a good season I wonder if he gets a 3 year deal after. I wouldnt be surprised if Carlyle turns him into another Sean O'Donnel

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
If he has a good season I wonder if he gets a 3 year deal after. I wouldnt be surprised if Carlyle turns him into another Sean O'Donnel
If he draws Fowler's matchups you are in for a reality check of same proportion as when Ducks d-corps was decimated and you claimed it's Stoners chance to shine. Yes, I remember that gem.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
For their growth as players, yes, as they will have to get real smart about how they can take on the double workload defensively and get back to their own end :laugh:

I`m completely shocked now looking back at how most of the hockey world were convinced he was a franchise level defenseman. What?

I don`t hate him, we will gonna use him but I would rather us keeping on Holzer tbh

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Schenn playing 24+ minutes a night, what could possibly go wrong?

He's fine for a limited 3rd pairing role, if he's playing more then that then that's just bad coaching.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Say what you will about Kevin Bieksa, but at least he can skate. I havent seen Luk Schenn play much since he left Philly, but he falls on his ass more than anyone in the league. Hopefully his skating has improved in Arizona.

Bieksa was more productive for us when he was falling on the ice than when he was skating.

Reactions: Peaves

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think it’s fair to question that. The signing does well for Bob in regards to that though. I’d feel differently if we were paying Schenn more or longer term. Jury is still out on RC though
If there's a silver lining here it is that Bob only gave him a year and gave him less than $1M.

But it seems to me that up until sometime in the second half of last season Bieksa was the solid, go to veteran D man Randy loved. Since we know both Randy and Bob finally soured on KB, it's fair to say that Bob certainly sees Schenn as an upgrade over KB. If KB had been an upgrade over himself last year, he never would have finally lost favor. That's why I expect Schenn to be treated like the guy Bob and Randy though KB was until the end. YMMV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad