Confirmed with Link: Ducks re-sign Ryan Getzlaf (1 year, $3M, +$1.5M GP bonus)

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Not that we need the cap space, but wow that’s a lot given how little some other guys in his position generally make.

Glad he’s back though. Would have been painful to see him in another jersey.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Hopefully for Getz' sake it came with the promise of picking his own destination at the deadline regardless of the return.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
i mean it's a bit more than he deserves, play wise, but we have the cap space, the money; ffs look at what Washington did for Ovi. Yes i know he's a much better player, but there's no question that contract is somewhat ridiculous. Either way, i'm thrilled about this. Probably more than i should be, but maybe that's the little kid in me who watched Teemu wear another sweater and it made me numb inside.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Money doesn’t even matter to me tbh. Just gotta resign lindholm and bring back perry for getz’s potential last ride

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Good news. I’m not sure I could have taken it if by far my two favorite players in the league were Edmonton Oilers.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Phew. Best news of the day.

Big money but I'm more than fine with it, Getz has earned it

Overpayment but the ducks can afford it. I was more concerned with the term and 1 year is great for both sides.

In terms of whether Getz has earned it - I see both sides. He was overpaid the last 2-3 years of his deal and he's not a $4.5M player in the current market. But he probably does help drive interest in the team and is a good mentor for the most part.

Reactions: Kalv

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
totally fine with the 4.5 mil number. it's not like they've got anyone else to pay this season

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Don't understand why everyone's so happy about this signing. Murray did right by him in never asking him to waive his clause for a deadline trade, but Getz insists on making more than he should and threatens to leave Anaheim to test the market?! Seems like a dick move if you ask me. Seems his loyalty went out the window.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad