Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Thrun begins Dubuque’s regular season tonight at 5pm PST on the top pairing.

I really hope he just dominates offensively. If his offensive game can take a big step in this time in the USHL then we have another Ducks defensive steal.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Read a recent interview with Dostal today, he said he thinks his game has really improved since last year, main difference being he doesn’t feel tired on the ice like he did for a lot of last year, his conditioning he did over the last half a year has paid off for him.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Read a recent interview with Dostal today, he said he thinks his game has really improved since last year, main difference being he doesn’t feel tired on the ice like he did for a lot of last year, his conditioning he did over the last half a year has paid off for him.

I can't wait for him to play in North America. I hope he plays lights out already in WJC and carries his team to medal games.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I think you might be right. Kids grow up so fast dont they.

Yeah, can't wait to see what he does in the AHL. That Gulls team could have been stacked if the playoffs weren't cancelled... weren't Dostal and Zegras going to be down there? Along with a bunch of guys being sent down from the Ducks.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Has anybody heard anything about William Francis? I think I remember him finishing his cancer treatment sometime earlier this year, but I am not sure how he is doing now. He was originally supposed to play at Duluth this year, but he is not listed on their current roster, and CapFriendly says he won't play there until next year. In fact, CapFriendly doesn't list him as playing anywhere this year at the moment.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Has anybody heard anything about William Francis? I think I remember him finishing his cancer treatment sometime earlier this year, but I am not sure how he is doing now. He was originally supposed to play at Duluth this year, but he is not listed on their current roster, and CapFriendly says he won't play there until next year. In fact, CapFriendly doesn't list him as playing anywhere this year at the moment.
upload_2020-11-8_11-0-29.png

Found this, sounds like he's still at UMD, but taking the season off.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Galimov out until early December probably. I was watching the game when he was injured (was last week or something). Was hit hard against the boards. Can't recall clearly but might be a head or shoulder injury.

Welcome to Ducks Artyom, hope you get well soon tho :/

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Thimo Nick's junior league has suspended play for the remainder of 2020. Nickl says his plan is to attend his WJC camp in early December, play in the WJC, then hopefully return to play in the QMJHL for the rest of the season.

Reactions: MMC

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
According to capfriendly, we have one contract spot available left (49/50). If we're planning on re-signing G Miller, then we don't sign Thrun. Maybe we need to reserve that contract spot for an actual NHL player in case of injury or goalie depth because the netminders after Stolarz are quite young and are not named Dostal.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
According to capfriendly, we have one contract spot available left (49/50). If we're planning on re-signing G Miller, then we don't sign Thrun. Maybe we need to reserve that contract spot for an actual NHL player in case of injury or goalie depth because the netminders after Stolarz are quite young and are not named Dostal.

You have to look at the "slide candidates" which don't count against the 50 contract max. That would include Drysdale and Perrault. Tracey for some reason doesn't count against the contract max. As such, I believe the Ducks are at 47 contracts currently.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
You have to look at the "slide candidates" which don't count against the 50 contract max. That would include Drysdale and Perrault. Tracey for some reason doesn't count against the contract max. As such, I believe the Ducks are at 47 contracts currently.

Ahhh... Thanks.

Did some digging and found this from nhl.com:

Other players may be signed to contracts but returned to the player’s junior club – most often this takes place between an NHL club and Canadian Major Junior teams (teams that play in the Ontario Hockey League, Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, or Western Hockey League, collectively the CHL). But 18 and 19-year-old players assigned to their team in the CHL do not count against the 50-contract maximum, until they have played at least 11 NHL games in one season.​

I don't know if there's a special rule for European players. For NCAA players, once they're signed they are no longer eligible to play for the NCAA, but I don't know much else after that.

We currently have four slide candidates:
Zegras (signed from NCAA)
Tracey (signed from CHL)
Drysdale (signed from CHL)
Perreault (signed from CHL)​

Tracey, Drysdale, and Perreault can be exempted from the contracts list if they do not play 11 NHL games. This helps me understand why GM Murray wasn't concerned about Comtois reaching the 10-game threshold in 2018-19 season, but the 11th game as Comtois would be a part of the NHL team in 2018-19 as his first NHL year. That would subject Comtois to the Seattle XD because Comtois would be under an NHL contract for three seasons after the 2020-2021 season. Comtois lost his slide rule exemption by playing 10 games, but did not count towards an NHL contract season because he did not play 11 NHL games. Here's a quote from another nhl.com article: "All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits."

As for Zegras' contract, I don't know if he does or doesn't count already because Zegras doesn't belong to any CHL team and cannot return to the NCAA. His options are NHL, AHL, or get loaned across the pond. I guess once Zegras plays 10-NHL games, then his contract becomes an NHL contract that counts against the 50-player contract limit as well as lose his slide exemption.

We're currently at 49/50 NHL contracts as per capfriendly. We technically have four candidates whose contract do not count against the 50-player NHL contract at this moment. Potentially, we could have 45/50 NHL contracts, assuming Zegras doesn't count until he plays his 10th NHL game. If all three CHL players are returned and Zegras does play at least 10 NHL games, then we would be at 46/50 NHL contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille