Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Janicke has scored in his game.
Pronman listed him as an early 2019 draft riser
Janicke has been a top forward for Notre Dame this season, which has been one of the very best teams in the nation. I don’t think his skill or speed will ever blow you away, but he’s got some skill and his stride looks a little cleaner than last season. He plays all situations for the Fighting Irish, and gets a lot done due to how smart and competitive he is. He’s also a good finisher. I don’t know if he’d be picked in the top two rounds in a redraft, but he would go higher than the fifth round.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I touted Janicke's potential during the prospect polls, but was drowned out b/c he was drafted in the fifth round. It was this scouting report that made me say hmmm... : link

Here's the intro excerpt from that article:
One of my favorite prospects in the entire 2019 draft — and in my opinion the most underrated — Trevor Janicke, time and time again impressed me with his bullish, yet highly skilled style. The first half of the season I was only catching some of Janicke’s tape when I was scouting other draft eligibles in the USHL and they happened to be playing Central Illinois. Only to realize he was consistently playing at a high level and was one of the most noticeable players each game. I immediately looked at my list and laughed at how low I had him.

Then, add in an article about McLaughlin needing to add 15-20 pounds in his rookie season in the NCAA made me think Janicke was further along than McLaughlin due to Janicke was going to college 20 pounds heavier than a McLaughlin. I think Janicke might be a steal b/c many mocks had him going in the fourth round. Great on the Ducks snatching him up! He's still developing and hope he continues to improve.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
We should get a very nice look at Janicke at the WJC later in the month. Originally expected McLaughlin to be the other Duck on the USA team alongside Zegras, but I don't think he makes it now. We should also have Groulx for Canada, and Dostal for the Czech Republic.

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Surprised no one has posted yet... but

Harvard is playing Boston University
Zegras, Thrun, Badini playing

Zegras had a goal in the 1st

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Surprised no one has posted yet... but

Harvard is playing Boston University
Zegras, Thrun, Badini playing

Zegras had a goal in the 1st
They don't usually play on Wednesdays, good to see.

Tracey has an assist so far in his game.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Interesting stat about Brayden Tracey

Moose Jaw in the WHL is quite bad. In the 16 games Tracey has played this season MJ has only managed to score 38 goals. Tracey has 25 points in those 16 games, meaning he has been involved in 66% of all goals scored for MJ when he's playing.

That's quite a high percentage.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Interesting stat about Brayden Tracey

Moose Jaw in the WHL is quite bad. In the 16 games Tracey has played this season MJ has only managed to score 38 goals. Tracey has 25 points in those 16 games, meaning he has been involved in 66% of all goals scored for MJ when he's playing.

That's quite a high percentage.
I have a really good feeling about him

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Would like to see Moose Jaw win a bit more games. Tracey has about or slightly above average +/- on that team, for instance. I guess that team lacks depth.
Really sad Tracey is not picked for the WJC, so we will not see him anywhere else this season. Just have to ride it out, maybe he is traded later on if MJ keeps falling

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Moose Jaw was a one complete line team last year with three overagers (F Langan, F Almeida, D Brook), D Woo, and rookie F Tracey. Coming into this year, the only player returning to Moose Jaw from that five-man set was Tracey. D Woo was traded away after the Moose Jaw's season was over to the Calgary Hitmen for C Korczack (17 yrs old), D Yeryomenko (20 yrs old), 2019 1st round pick (11th overall), and a 2021 second round draft pick.

2018-19 Moosejaw
1. Langan 113 pts
2. Almeida 111 pts
3. Tracey 81 pts (1.22 ppg)
4. Brook 75 pts
5. Woo 66 pts
-
6. Taphorn 24 pts

That's how one complete line the team was in 2018-19. All five players had over a 1.0 ppg production on the season. Tracey was the only returning player from the group of five. It seemed inevitable that the Warriors would be disastrous this year and because of that it made me wonder if Tracey can actually score without top talent around him? Apparently, Tracey's surpassing my expectations.

2019-20 Moosejaw
1. Korczack: 24 games, 30 pts; 1.25 ppg
2. Tracey: 16 games, 25 pts; 1.56 ppg
3. Hardy: 20 games, 14 pts; 0.70 ppg
4. Joseph: 21 games, 13 pts; 0.61 ppg

If people are only looking at total points and not rate, then Tracey isn't anything. Yet looking at the talent that surrounded him in 2018-19 is vastly superior than what he has with him this season, Tracey is scoring more on a per game basis. That's very impressive.

Reactions: Hey234

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
With the goalie prospects, who has the most upside when it's Dostal vs. Durney vs. Eriksson Ek? I've been seeing on various Liiga social media sites that Dostal has been stellar.
I don’t follow it as closely as some, but from what I’ve heard and seen both on video and in person, Dostal by far. He looks like a sure fire NHL’er. Eriksson Ek has some potential, but is more of a wild card. Durny is just organizational filler.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Search "Lukas Dostal" on Twitter and you'll find no shortage of praise from Ilves' fans. One tweet mentioned Dostal has let in 2 or less goals in 16 of his past 18 games, which is an absolutely ridiculous stat. If last year's WJC wasn't his coming out party, this year's WJC will be on account of them being the host country and having a markedly weaker team. Pronman also had good things to say about Dostal today in his Q&A, mentioning he's a big fan and Dostal has a big brain.

As far as goalie prospects go, there's quite a few really good prospects. In my opinion, the tiers would like something like this (which is no shot at Dostal)..

Askarov
Knight/Samsonov/Sorokin/Shestyorkin
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen/Dostal

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
With the goalie prospects, who has the most upside when it's Dostal vs. Durney vs. Eriksson Ek? I've been seeing on various Liiga social media sites that Dostal has been stellar.

EK has been complete shit for the local ECHL team (Tulsa Oilers) by me. Easily the worst goalie of the ones who’ve played for us. He’s still young but based on what I’ve seen, don’t see him ever making a nhl roster.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Search "Lukas Dostal" on Twitter and you'll find no shortage of praise from Ilves' fans. One tweet mentioned Dostal has let in 2 or less goals in 16 of his past 18 games, which is an absolutely ridiculous stat. If last year's WJC wasn't his coming out party, this year's WJC will be on account of them being the host country and having a markedly weaker team. Pronman also had good things to say about Dostal today in his Q&A, mentioning he's a big fan and Dostal has a big brain.

As far as goalie prospects go, there's quite a few really good prospects. In my opinion, the tiers would like something like this (which is no shot at Dostal)..

Askarov
Knight/Samsonov/Sorokin/Shestyorkin
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen/Dostal

I may have mentioned this before but Dostal reminds me a lot of Shestyorkin stylistically.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Groulx with a hat trick (2 on the PP, 1 on an empty net) and 12 shots on goal in a 6-5 win for Halifax. With WJC tryouts coming up and Halifax not doing so well this year, he may not have too many more games as a Moosehead.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Groulx with a hat trick (2 on the PP, 1 on an empty net) and 12 shots on goal in a 6-5 win for Halifax. With WJC tryouts coming up and Halifax not doing so well this year, he may not have too many more games as a Moosehead.

I could see Sherbrooke, Rimouski and Chicoutimi all going for him. Moncton and Cape Breton are possibilities as well. Halifax is poised to collect a whole bunch of assets this year from Groulx, Lavoie and McIsaac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad