Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Is it wrong that I'm way more excited about Tracey than Zegras as a prospect right now? Did I catch the hype bug or something.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Is it wrong that I'm way more excited about Tracey than Zegras as a prospect right now? Did I catch the hype bug or something.
More than Zegras? Perhaps... but I don't think we can deny that Tracey is far and above surpassing expectations on that team. We were all concerned about whether he was just riding the coattails of his overaged linemates, but lord he's doing better this year on a team where there only other player to really write home about is Ryder Korczak. Seeing him be one of the driving forces on that team has been pretty amazing and I'm so excited to see what he turns into.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It`s not wrong or right at this point, but I`m still much more excited about Zegras than Tracey. Both are 2-3 years away from being impact players in the NHL though. Tracey might actually be 4 years away for this.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
It all depends. Likely both will not play in the NHL next year, at least a lot.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Seeing both Zegras and Tracey producing is simply making me smile because I got visions of Twins 2.0 dancing in my head. Zegras will find a way to get you the puck and Tracey will find a way to put the puck in the back of the net! Defensively... I have no idea of their play. LoL

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It all depends. Likely both will not play in the NHL next year, at least a lot.
A lot of hockey to be played but so far from what I`ve seen, I`d really want Zegras to stay another year in NCAA. He wasn`t a team main driver in Development program behind Turcotte and Hughes, so will not harm him to take on some leadership and all-situation game time. He also could use some strenght, so he`s not pushed off the puck, he was struggling with that even in Summer Showcase.
On the other hand, very interesting to compare him with Farabee, who had a very similar career path as Zegras so far, and their numbers have been close as well. Farabee is playing in the NHL this season.

As for Tracey, he`s certainly one and a half years away to finish juniors, then he will need at least a split year in the A, or also likely a full year there. The potential is there, but look at Terry, Jones, Steel - it takes some time for the youngsters.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Isn't Zegras averaging more points this year than Turcotte all while playing on a team full of grinders ? If he had some skilled guys to pass to his numbers would look even better.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Isn't Zegras averaging more points this year than Turcotte all while playing on a team full of grinders ? If he had some skilled guys to pass to his numbers would look even better.
Turcotte has slowed down, he started very strong, I was very surprised Turcotte has fallen below PPG.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Boston University has some good players -- David Farrance, for instance, is absolutely destroying the NCAA right now. They're not a super-team by any stretch of the imagination and Zegras does have a lot of responsibility, but not controlling for age I don't know if I could say that he's really the best player on his team quite yet. I do think he'll be NHL-ready by next year.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Canada is announcing cuts right now...
Cuts so far:

F Newhook
F Krebs
F Zary
D Schneider
F Holloway
D Diliberatore
D Harley
F Perfetti
G Jones

I believe just one more forward left to be released.

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Groulx was playing on the 1st PK unit. Even with Hayton and Veleno added, I think Groulx is safe, even if he's just the 4th line center.

Reactions: Kalv

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016

Darn. I was hoping the trade was happening now. I am traveling in Canada for work and was planning on going to the Moncton Wildcats game tomorrow when I arrive.

Oh well, Ill just be watching a damn good team anyway. Just hoping to see Groulx while I was here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad