Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Dostal is heading to Finland, he has been loaned to Ilves (Liiga).

Ilves is scheduled to play next vs Vaasan Sport on Wednesday, 5:30 CET (8:30 AM PT). Don't know if he'll be ready to hop onto the ice by then due to travel...

Nevertheless, this will be a tough gig for Lukas. Ilves is currently the third worst team in Liiga in GA (144 in 48 games). Ilves has 12 games left in the regular season -- ATM they are a wild card team, but they are only 7 points above the "wild card line" in the standings. As fate would have it, the team currently on the outside looking in is Vaasan Sport, the same team they face on Wednesday.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Ilves is scheduled to play next vs Vaasan Sport on Wednesday, 5:30 CET (8:30 AM PT). Don't know if he'll be ready to hop onto the ice by then due to travel...

Nevertheless, this will be a tough gig for Lukas. Ilves is currently the third worst team in Liiga in GA (144 in 48 games). Ilves has 12 games left in the regular season -- ATM they are a wild card team, but they are only 7 points above the "wild card line" in the standings. As fate would have it, the team currently on the outside looking in is Vaasan Sport, the same team they face on Wednesday.
Well, if he's going to be the next John Gibson for us, he might as well get used to standing on his head.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Tuned into Sweden's game against Czech Republic only to not see Lundestrom listed in the lineup.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

Welinski, Roy*, and Megna will all be UFAs after this season.

*Assuming he plays a game this season.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Got to watch the Mooseheads play again last night. Morand and Groulx were both 1+2 in a 10-2 blowout over Saint John.

The Moose used Groulx as a triggerman on the point/half wall which was a look I hadn't seen from them before. His goal was an absolute rocket of a slap shot that beat the goalie up high. I knew he had a good wrister but honestly had no idea he had that in his arsenal too.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I'll do this tomorrow if nobody else does, but I only have my phone right now and its acting pretty wonky. Around January 28 after a 2-1 loss to Chicoutimi (cant find the exact date) Morand said that as captain he needed to be better and it feels like hes been racking up multi point games ever since. Could anyone figure out how many points he has in that span for me? Just something I'm curious about but want to post here so I dont forget about it tomorrow.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I'll do this tomorrow if nobody else does, but I only have my phone right now and its acting pretty wonky. Around January 28 after a 2-1 loss to Chicoutimi (cant find the exact date) Morand said that as captain he needed to be better and it feels like hes been racking up multi point games ever since. Could anyone figure out how many points he has in that span for me? Just something I'm curious about but want to post here so I dont forget about it tomorrow.
In 8 games since that comment, he has 7 goals and 13 assists for 20 points. 6 multi-point games.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

20 points in 8 games. Dude is on some sort of tear.

Edit: Appears I was beaten to it.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
CONFIRMED: Lukas Dostal makes his Liiga debut tonight. He will start, veteran goalie Riku Helenius is set to back him up. Game starts 5 PM local time (4 PM Europe, 6 AM SoCal).

Tale of the tape:
After winning two "6-point games" vs Sport and KalPa (OT) , Ilves headed off to their scheduled bye week. Ilves has managed to tighten their grip on one of the wild card spots, plus they are only 4 points away from a direct playoff spot* with 10 more regular season games to go (2 W, 1 OTW, 1 OTL, 1 L - 9/15 points in their last 5 games). They're still far from clinching anything though, they have to continue winning by any means necessary to survive.

Tonight they face the regular season #5 in Pelicans Lahti, a team that is looking to fight to get home ice in the playoffs. They recently bolstered their lineup by acquiring a Liiga legend and 4-time champion in Juhamatti Aaltonen from the Swedish elite league. In JMA's season debut, Pelicans handed a 9-4 trashing to KooKoo, despite not having top line forward Hynek Zohorna in the lineup due to injury. Pelicans also happens to be the 2nd highest scoring team in Liiga right now, so Lukas and the rest of Ilves need to be on their A game tonight, in order to fight for a W.

Pelicans is forced to ice only 5 defensemen today, due to 3 of their depth guys being unavailable due to injuries, which is something Ilves must capitalize on. Pelicans has also had struggles while not playing on home ice.

Players to watch:

From Ilves, Lukas is an obvious choice for Anaheim fans. Ilves is also a very young team overall, so there are a bunch of interesting youngsters at all positions to keep an eye on.

From Pelicans, target #1 is IMO RHD Oliwer Kaski. U24 forwards Hannes Björninen (Pelicans Captain!) and Aleksi Mustonen are also interesting names.

*Liiga playoff format: top-6 regular season teams advance directly into the playoffs, teams 7-10 compete in a best of three mini-series (#7 vs #10, #8 vs #9) to determine which teams advance into the playoffs. Regular season #1 draws the lower seeded wild card winner, #2 team gets the better wild card team. Lastly, #3 seed faces #6 and #4 seed gets #5.

Underline = home ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elf

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Halifax (grouxl, morand) playing charlottetown (Drew) on NHL Network right now.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Drew is a workhorse. Very physically involved and moves the puck well. Also really good at getting shots through.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Drew is a workhorse. Very physically involved and moves the puck well. Also really good at getting shots through.
I wonder how hunter drew ended up a late pick, he looks great.. his stats seem great. I guess his pre draft years weren't that great. But everything ive read/seen he looks like hes going to be a NHL player at some point.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wonder how hunter drew ended up a late pick, he looks great.. his stats seem great. I guess his pre draft years weren't that great. But everything ive read/seen he looks like hes going to be a NHL player at some point.
It is important to note that he's an overager and I don't know if he will develop the agility in close quarters to skate with NHL forwards.

Still, this season he is doing what he needs to do and we couldn't hope for anything more. Looked good in camp too.

Reactions: Getz2perry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad