Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info ‘21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I literally just bet 1k on it. It's now +1600.. if I lose oh well it's a thousand bucks... if I win I get 16k that would change my year a little or give me a nice toy. I like my odds actually.
Haha now Zegras better win, I’m thinking of throwing a bit of money at it but not much, would be killer if I could get some extra cash for when I graduate this year

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I firmly believe Zegras and Drysdale will have good rookie seasons however considering no one in the NHL pays any attention to Anaheim and the fact that while they’ll perform well they’ll struggle to put up numbers in this absolutely anemic, Eakins coached offense, I think they’re a long shot to win the Calder

Reactions: Kalv and Boo Boo

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Seider and Caufield I can understand being above Zegras at this point, but those other are some headscratching names above him. Ok, Byfield as well is kind of understandable with his pedigree as a 2nd Overall pick.

But yes, it will be hard for Z and Drysdale to win it regardless. Right now it's a really really good bet to put some money on that you are not afraid to lose.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think he's the best player on that list right now but I don't see him winning the Calder with the supporting cast he has around him. Caufield has a much better team around him and I see him getting 30+ goals

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think he's the best player on that list right now but I don't see him winning the Calder with the supporting cast he has around him. Caufield has a much better team around him and I see him getting 30+ goals
Caufield also sort of rode the wave of that Habs miraculous run. I could see him slowing down a bit, but I don't want to bash him as well – he's a really, really good prospect no doubt in my mind. Just I see some extra hype represented in those odds for him.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
The odds are +1600 now btw... by early next week I think they will be like +1250.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
My personal rankings:

1. Zegras (Matt Barzal type IMPACT)
  2. Drysdale

3. McTavish (solid 2C or goal scoring winger)

4. Perreault (worse version of Kessel)
  5. Zellweger (Girard-ish with some Spurgeon mixed in)
  6. Pastujov (if he improves skating better version of Terry)
  7. Dostal (hard to predict goalies)
  8. Groulx (Bonino-ish but a little more physical)
  9. LaCombe (waiting to see him at AHL level) (boom or bust)
  10. Thrun (3rd pairing)
  11. Tracey (boom or bust)
  12. Colangelo (power forward boom or bust)
  13. Tschigerl (worse version of Blake Coleman, I think he will be a 3rd liner, great pick)
  14. McLaughlin (sleeper)
  15. Nickl
  16. Hinds
Cluster I have between 4-7 & 9-14 are super close.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
OT: Just because you wrote Barzal impact. Looked at the Islanders and Beauvillier then, who was a 2015 draftee. Boy oh boy was that a brutal draft for us where we missed out a few. Ok Larsson became an NHL D and Terry is good but Larsson with Beauvillier, Aho and Carlo on the table.

The second round were pretty bad as well but we're in the mold with Nattinen, our 3rd with Gates (wo I thought was a great pick then) and Sideroff, Ruggiero and Metcalf in Round 6. Sad is, none of them is even in the AHL. And for a draftclass it's pretty insane, that overall your 3rd round created as many NHL players than your 4th, 5th and 6th round.

I've gone through some rankings of this draft and wonder why Aho was considered a 4rd rounder+ prior the draft.

To sum it up, if Terry works a lot changes but so far this is a lost year for us.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
OT: Just because you wrote Barzal impact. Looked at the Islanders and Beauvillier then, who was a 2015 draftee. Boy oh boy was that a brutal draft for us where we missed out a few. Ok Larsson became an NHL D and Terry is good but Larsson with Beauvillier, Aho and Carlo on the table.

The second round were pretty bad as well but we're in the mold with Nattinen, our 3rd with Gates (wo I thought was a great pick then) and Sideroff, Ruggiero and Metcalf in Round 6. Sad is, none of them is even in the AHL. And for a draftclass it's pretty insane, that overall your 3rd round created as many NHL players than your 4th, 5th and 6th round.

I've gone through some rankings of this draft and wonder why Aho was considered a 4rd rounder+ prior the draft.

To sum it up, if Terry works a lot changes but so far this is a lost year for us.
Yep, that was not a good draft at all. I remember Madden saying they eyed 3 finnish centers in the 2nd round and wanted to get one of them. We got the last one (Nattinen) other two were probably Aho and Hintz

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
So that measn no Notre Dame route for Pasta. Highly surprised by that move.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Pasta really is Terry lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad