GDT: Ducks@Preds -5:00 pm California, 1:00 am Finlandia

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I disagree that the second shot was stoppable. That deflected in off Sbisa...tough break...nothing you can really do.

I also think he's been a little better than "solid". He's got a GAA of 1.77 and a sv% of .932. Those are incredible numbers for your first 8 starts. I agree that he isn't proven enough to be on the Rinne/Lundquvist level, but the guy has been insanely good to start his NHL career

while thats true, most of the shots have been from outside the slot, and so i think it does inflate his numbers a little bit..

as for the second goal, i guess a bad goal is too harsh, i just wish he would've been out a bit more, he was nearly on the goal line

Corey Perry*

Yeah those can turn out to be great for them depending on what else they do. They are just terrible.

Anywho good win. Was able to watch the end of the 3rd and on at work. Got my heart racing a couple times.

Imagine if those 3 picks ended up being 1,2, and 3. MacKinnon, Jones, and one of Drouin/Barkov/Lindholm. *creams myself*

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Definitely rooting for the Hawks. Can't stand the team and the fans who **** all over Anaheim on this site.

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
while thats true, most of the shots have been from outside the slot, and so i think it does inflate his numbers a little bit..

as for the second goal, i guess a bad goal is too harsh, i just wish he would've been out a bit more, he was nearly on the goal line
If you say so.. What do you think about Anaheims second goal? It was almost exactly the same as Nashvilles second, but it was only one player infront of goal instead of two.
Pekka Rinne sitting on the goal-line.
Rinne isnt an elite goalie because of that?

I really think Fasths number says it all and don't come with that ******** about the shots being from outside the slot.
How many shots do you think opponents versus Rangers have in the slot? Just wandering because you call Lundqvist all out lightning elite goalie etc.

KenWu

Apr 2, 2012
i will agree that it seems like the majority of my posts seem to be deemed "not positive" but personally i like him and what hes brought. but why they seem to be more towards the negative is the incredible love for him on here when all hes really shown is to be a solid goaltender. not an elite lights out goalie like a Lundqvist or Rinne, but hes shown that he's a very solid capable goalie.

which is awesome, but a lot of people here seem to think he's the savior and he gets passes on the somewhat "softer' goals he gives up. honestly i felt like both those goals were stoppable tonight, but he redeemed himself with the 2 or 3 giant blocker save stops at the end of the 3rd and OT

This. 100%

Everyone is making Fasth seem like an elite goaltender when he isn't there yet. He got some incredible breaks this game. I will say this though: the fact that Fasth won today and only allowed 2 goals after having played a game the previous night means that he is slowly getting to that level. The thing with Fasth is he's not that fast in terms of his reaction.

Having said that, I'd take him over Hiller right now. Hiller just looks totally slow in general.

eenok*

felt must...well hello everyboty first!

felt must tell bout anaheims state at moment!...yeah congrats on win fellous:handclap:

so!:

fasth is a rock i told you much better than hiller...stabile..team confident etc. enough!

yeah three lines of quality in offense. well working even fourth line nicely

defens: last three games souray +6,lydman -3,sbisa -3...an team winning!!!

fasth again!...fasth is such goalie who can save bad defense !!!

enough! need speed and atletics for defense....can we have vatanen in please!!! HONDA and town is waiting:handclap:

EENOK , Hockeyprofessor , IL, Finland

ViCiieux

Feb 8, 2013
This. 100%

Everyone is making Fasth seem like an elite goaltender when he isn't there yet. He got some incredible breaks this game. I will say this though: the fact that Fasth won today and only allowed 2 goals after having played a game the previous night means that he is slowly getting to that level. The thing with Fasth is he's not that fast in terms of his reaction.

Having said that, I'd take him over Hiller right now. Hiller just looks totally slow in general.
Bolded.. Thats just silly!
Its his reactions and positioning that is his biggest strength.

Watch the saves from 0.52 and tell me he isn't reacting fast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKIdteFsGsI

Oct 18, 2011
This. 100%

We're fortunate to have played Nashville, they really played a dumb game, trapping against a tired team and not forcing any action, this played into our favor tonight, an attacking/aggressive team probably beats us, but Fasth is making those big 4-5 saves a game that you need, I am buying into him 100% the man does not get rattled and he is so smart in goal, on penalty kills any time he gets a chance to deflect a puck out of play he does it which is a small thing, but it's no coincidence our PK is alot better with him in net than Hiller

Oct 18, 2011
felt must...well hello everyboty first!

felt must tell bout anaheims state at moment!...yeah congrats on win fellous:handclap:

so!:

fasth is a rock i told you much better than hiller...stabile..team confident etc. enough!

yeah three lines of quality in offense. well working even fourth line nicely

defens: last three games souray +6,lydman -3,sbisa -3...an team winning!!!

fasth again!...fasth is such goalie who can save bad defense !!!

enough! need speed and atletics for defense....can we have vatanen in please!!! HONDA and town is waiting:handclap:

EENOK , Hockeyprofessor , IL, Finland
eenok has been right all along about Sbisa and Lydman guys

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I was happy to get 1 point out of that, to get 2 is amazing.

I love how this team never quits, great quality to have.

And boy, Bonino and Perry are money in the SO right now.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
pretty good game, whats up with surray and his lovefest for the box lately.

fasth looked ok but was slow to follow the puck at times...fatigue from back to back?

all 4 lines were pretty solid this game. but i think we were a little lucky to get two points out of that.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I fell asleep during after the Ducks tied it up the second time (such a boring game), and then woke up just in time to see that too many men penalty at the end of regulation. I couldn't stand watching another second of that game, so I changed it. Thank god, I couldn't stand another shootout.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
If you say so.. What do you think about Anaheims second goal? It was almost exactly the same as Nashvilles second, but it was only one player infront of goal instead of two.
Pekka Rinne sitting on the goal-line.
Rinne isnt an elite goalie because of that?

I really think Fasths number says it all and don't come with that ******** about the shots being from outside the slot.
How many shots do you think opponents versus Rangers have in the slot? Just wandering because you call Lundqvist all out lightning elite goalie etc.

you mean the fact that maroon deflected it right infront of rinne? like literally a foot or two infront of him lol. how is that a bad goal thats a nice goal. weber's shot I didn't really see deflect, and honestly if he did it was deflected near the top of the circles which if fasth plays more aggressive since he's smallish he could get a piece of it. As I said, if its deflected its not a bad goal, i just would've liked to see him be more aggressive.

and rinne gets to play deeper in his net if he wants to because of his great size. his size allows him to cover more of the net even though he's deeper in it. why do you think tim thomas is so frigin aggressive. because he knows he's small and he needs to cover more of the net but if there's a pass across he still has good mobility to push across and make the save.

fasth also has pretty solid lateral mobility, that's why I'd like to see him challenge more, he's not that big at all and so there's quite a bit of room upstairs on him when you look at him. I don't see how you can argue that. it's definitely there. There was a great camera angle in OT when mike fisher tips the puck on the 4v3 PP and it ticks the crossbar. from that angle alone you can see how much room is upstairs when he plays back in his net like that.

if he wants to do that, than he's got to really rely on his reflexes to make the save. and to be fair to him he's got some pretty decent reflexes. but he seemed slow last night and he honestly got about 2 or 3 breaks that coudl've easily gone in the back of the net. legwand i remember that shot it under fasth and out the other side. erat i think had an open net and chipped it over top. and then the couple posts/crossbars

and the last point for lundqvist is yes. he does face a boat load of grade A scoring opportunities. if you watch a couple of the rangers games he bails them out a lot and it allows the rangers to play a super aggressive game because on 2 on 1's or defensive breakdowns they know that more than not hank will make the big save.

contrast that to our playing style where everything we do is clog the middle and only allow shots from the outside, fasth's numbers ARE inflated a bit by mostly facing shots from the outside. usually the only shots from inside the slot are the rebounds that gives off.

like i said before. fasth has shown to be a very solid goalie thus far. I don't think anyone can argue he's top 5 in the league. but definitely showing that he could be in the upper echelon if he keeps up his play

Nikko*

**** the Kings, hatred for diving Dustin, douchey Doughty and boarding piece of a **** Stoll lives on!
This.
Same here. **** the Kings.
This.
NO. Under no circumstances does one root for the Kings if one is a Ducks fan.

Personally I hope they lose 20-0. I am still pissed off about that play on Fowler.
And especially this.

No one should give a **** about the record or the Presidents Trophy...what are you, Sharks fans? You want the next "Western Conference Regular Season Champions" banner to be raised in our rafters? I sure as **** don't.

The thing is that in today's NHL a #8 can easily take out a #1 so a record doesn't mean much when you compare it to losing our BEST DEFENSEMAN to a CHEAPSHOT to the head. How the hell can any of you Anaheim fans even fathom rooting for that garbage team?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikko*

and bobby ryan got boarded head first right before the to many men

It seems like the refs view Ryan as a diver now and just aren't going to make any calls for him, legit or otherwise. That's fine with me, he did it to himself. I don't want that kind of **** hockey to be played on this team anyways. What irks me is they still haven't figured this out about Dustin Brown who is 5 times the diver Ryan is and has been doing it longer. Yet he continues to get the calls. I wish players would get fined for this after the game like the NBA does. Probably the only positive thing I can say about basketball.

Nikko*

To be fair, we're not even going to get the conference regular season championship, because the Hawks are in the lead.

That's what they are debating, whether to root for the Kings so that we can catch the Hawks. Blasphemous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad