GDT: Ducks@Preds -5:00 pm California, 1:00 am Finlandia

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Ducks (10-2-1) @ Preds (7-3-4)

Venue:
bridgestone_tire.gif

Anaheim Fun Fact:

Victor Fasth is 7-0-0 for the best rookie goaltender start, ever.

Nashville Fun Fact:

In Tennessee it is illegal to to post images online that cause “emotional distress†“without legitimate purposeâ€.

ARREST ME.​

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Hate meeting this team. Wouldn't mind switching Maroon with Staubitz.

Also not totally opposed to perhaps trying Vatanen paired with Lydman/Sbisa. But probably not this game.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
If we can manage to get at least to OT in this game I will be happy.. Nashville has never been friendly to us. Rinne is on fire.. We gotta get screens and more screens and wear down their defense. Weber cant do it all..I wouldnt be suprised if we lost this game though..seems like a game were they will do everything right but score. Lets go ducks..

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Already in a great position with 8 points out of 10 so far. No matter the result, this has been a pretty damn good road trip.

After this game, next 18 games, 12 at home, 6 away. :nod:

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Nice GDT :laugh:

They should have some jump left since the TOIs last night weren't overly high. It really is amazing how much more depth there is this year. Go Ducks!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The preds remind me of the stars, for whatever reason we seem to have a tough time with them. I dont hate nashville or dallas i just hate playing against them -.-

Luckily the team had a nice break before the wings game, and we didnt have to over use our big players so they should have some legs. Lets get our back end of b2b to 4-0

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Tough game, Predators in good form but not the most entertaining team to watch.

Fasth vs Rinne, I like it.

Fasth outdueling Rinne would almost be too ****ing good. ;-)

win = one shot of Swedish Absolut vodka

loss = one shot of Finnish Koskenkorva

MMonarchs

Apr 10, 2011
We are a way better team than Nashville 5 on 5. This will come down to Rinne, or if we're really unlucky, special teams.

Wendy's in Canada serves poutine.

Well, to be fair, both teams are better 5 on 5 than their opponents. It isn't like Edmonton, or something :D.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Huge trap game. Last game of the trip after beating Detroit in their own building for the first time in almost 97 years against a team they also usually lose to who have 2 shutouts in 3 games. Time to see if they have that extra gear to go to.

Go Ducks!

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Tough game, Predators in good form but not the most entertaining team to watch.

Fasth vs Rinne, I like it.

Fasth outdueling Rinne would almost be too ****ing good. ;-)

win = one shot of Swedish Absolut vodka

loss = one shot of Finnish Koskenkorva

Koskenkorva ''Minttu'' is the real deal. Or you can go with Finlandia ''Blackcurrant'', that thing is pretty tasty too.

However, i prefer the Ducks to win, so better drink Absolut or at least sit on the IKEA furniture :laugh:

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Hopeful for a win.....other than the queens right now, preds play the most boring style of hockey in the league. Hopefully the Ducks don't fall into the preds style of play and can impose their will in this game.

devils61

Jan 8, 2007
Congrats on #10 last night. Keep the good times going out there in Anaheim!

Devils fan enjoying the show

Ducksgo*

@icemancometh: I'd say (and this is my opinion) that it's Viktor Fasth again to close out trip. Wrote yesterday that BB seemed comfortable with scenario.

devils61

Jan 8, 2007
Devils are looking pretty good, shocking i thought without parise they were doomed.

that's the common theme for devils. As fans we see players come and go but consistency remains.there's a good attitude from head office to coaching to the room and it provides solid results

Hope you guys have the same luck whether Perry and Getz sign or not cause you guys are very exciting to watch

Not sure on how that's going but I don't see them moving like many believe they will
am I wrong?

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
that's the common theme for devils. As fans we see players come and go but consistency remains.there's a good attitude from head office to coaching to the room and it provides solid results

Hope you guys have the same luck whether Perry and Getz sign or not cause you guys are very exciting to watch

Not sure on how that's going but I don't see them moving like many believe they will
am I wrong?

Definitely don't think Getz will leave. Perry's a wildcard.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not super psyched for this game.
Trotz has shown in the past that he knows how to beat this team (only consolation is, this is a totally different team), and Rinne is absolutely on fire. Ducks have to do whatever they can to get him moving across his crease plus force and chase rebounds. Rinne is a big dude, but he's beatable...he's just not letting anyone remember that right now. Hope Fasth is up to the task again tonight.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Ducks (10-2-1) @ Preds (7-3-4)

Nashville Fun Fact:

In Tennessee it is illegal to to post images online that cause “emotional distress†“without legitimate purposeâ€.

ARREST ME.​

Another "Fun Fact":

Visiting Athletes and Entertainers are hit with a special "performance tax" whenever they play any venue in nashville.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Another "Fun Fact":

Visiting Athletes and Entertainers are hit with a special "performance tax" whenever they play any venue in nashville.

Similar to the one they pay in California. Tennessee has no state income tax so it's not like they get double hit. Pretty much every state does this.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Similar to the one they pay in California. Tennessee has no state income tax so it's not like they get double hit. Pretty much every state does this.

Parros mentioned to us once, that tennesee was 1 of the 3 states that did this to the visiting players, so not really "every state". His "tax" was $2,500 per visit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad