GDT: Ducks@Preds -5:00 pm California, 1:00 am Finlandia

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Now do we root for the Kings to beat the Blackhawks in regulation tomorrow in order to keep our NHL record of best start to a season? I'm so conflicted...

NO. Under no circumstances does one root for the Kings if one is a Ducks fan.

Personally I hope they lose 20-0. I am still pissed off about that play on Fowler.

Chelle

YNWA
Feb 27, 2009
Sweden
I dont know why, but i have always liked that record very much for some reason. I just want to keep it badly.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Normally I'd root for the Hawks, but they are ahead of us in the standings, plus the record, so, just this once, go Queens.

Ehh... felt dirty just thinking that.

KenWu

Apr 2, 2012
Now do we root for the Kings to beat the Blackhawks in regulation tomorrow in order to keep our NHL record of best start to a season? I'm so conflicted...

Who cares about NHL record of best start. What we want to do is be #1 in Pacific division at least and maintain that lead in however way possible. Kings winning will just bring them closer to a better record in our division and we don't want that especially so early on in the season. Every game counts right now.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Four shootout wins now, most in the league. I really don't think that has been a crutch so far though, given the 5v5 numbers. Still, statistics will lean toward that coming back toward the mean. Not 100% sure what I should take from that, if anything.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
We seriously arent considering rooting for the Kings are we? No way. Screw that overrated d bag team. Doughboy is overrated, Brown is a dirty diving piece of crap and Stoll injured our best dman. Screw them and I hope they lose every game they play.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Watching the Kings/Jackets pick get better is more enjoyable than getting closer to #1 for me lol ... Besides, I think you'd be fighting an uphill battle rooting for the Kings to beat Chicago .. Lowest scoring against top defense ...

But nevermind other teams ... The Ducks are killin it! especially on the road... Wish i had centerice lol :amazed:

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Their own, the Kings, and the Rangers. Legitimate chance at 3 lottery tickets the way all three are playing right now.

Yeah those can turn out to be great for them depending on what else they do. They are just terrible.

Anywho good win. Was able to watch the end of the 3rd and on at work. Got my heart racing a couple times.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

im rooting for the kings as well. if we play like this the hawks are definitely catchable, not to mention LA is so far behind a win for them tomorrow really doesn't affect us

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Just wondering...Why do you not like Fasth so much?

You seem kinda down on him

i will agree that it seems like the majority of my posts seem to be deemed "not positive" but personally i like him and what hes brought. but why they seem to be more towards the negative is the incredible love for him on here when all hes really shown is to be a solid goaltender. not an elite lights out goalie like a Lundqvist or Rinne, but hes shown that he's a very solid capable goalie.

which is awesome, but a lot of people here seem to think he's the savior and he gets passes on the somewhat "softer' goals he gives up. honestly i felt like both those goals were stoppable tonight, but he redeemed himself with the 2 or 3 giant blocker save stops at the end of the 3rd and OT

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
i will agree that it seems like the majority of my posts seem to be deemed "not positive" but personally i like him and what hes brought. but why they seem to be more towards the negative is the incredible love for him on here when all hes really shown is to be a solid goaltender. not an elite lights out goalie like a Lundqvist or Rinne, but hes shown that he's a very solid capable goalie.

which is awesome, but a lot of people here seem to think he's the savior and he gets passes on the somewhat "softer' goals he gives up. honestly i felt like both those goals were stoppable tonight, but he redeemed himself with the 2 or 3 giant blocker save stops at the end of the 3rd and OT

I disagree that the second shot was stoppable. That deflected in off Sbisa...tough break...nothing you can really do.

I also think he's been a little better than "solid". He's got a GAA of 1.77 and a sv% of .932. Those are incredible numbers for your first 8 starts. I agree that he isn't proven enough to be on the Rinne/Lundquvist level, but the guy has been insanely good to start his NHL career

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad