TSN: Ducks listening on everyone.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Good post, i think the leaf fans here forget there are plenty of teams that would love to add a josh manson and have better pieces available, that they can and would move.

The question is more or less do the ducks want to move him at all.

Bracco is basically 0 value to us
Dermott is not needed at all as its somewhere we are very deep
Kap/Aj is decent but not really main piece value in a manson trade
Most are looking at Manson to Toronto...
I'm wondering if there is anything that could work around Ritchie?

We could really use some beef on Tavares/Nylander line.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Well ive been on the ritchie to toronto wagon basically since his conteact negotiations... just seems like a great fit for the leafs

Reactions: TMLFC

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Everyone should always be listening on everyone. Except maybe Edmonton on McDavid - though to be honest, even them. Because if a team were to put a serious offer forth for McDavid, it sure as hell would be worth a listen.

Pisses me off when I hear of some players being "untouchable". "Listening" doesn't have to mean you intend on trading the player, unless a serious overpayment occurs.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

There's no particular reason for the Ducks to move Ritchie. He's still young and very affordable, shows scoring line potential and has no other young forwards pushing him out of a spot. Comtois has more offensive upside but still needs more seasoning. Jones has the frame and is playing pretty well of late, but lacks the vision and playmaking to have the same upside. This youth movement has left the Ducks so much more soft up front than I'm sure there comfortable with, and Ritchie is one of the only guys to counter that.

I have a feeling the offer you had in mind for Ritchie would be made up Bracco and other middling type futures that really do nothing for the Ducks. At this point I don't see getting an offer for Ritchie alone for which it would be worth giving up on him.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
list of players drafted in the last 15 years by the Leafs in the 6th or 7th round that played at least 100 games

Anton Stralman
Victor Stralsberg
Leo Komorov
Carl Gunnarsson
Conner Brown
Andreas Johnsson
You will be able to add Pierre Engvall to that list.

If you add in 5th round picks and 4th round picks you can add another 5 players to that list.

For picks that you think will amount to nothing that is not a bad list of players.

If they don't make the playoffs which I highly doubt they still only need a first pairing RHD, a third pairing on D(which they have in house but its not proven) and possibly add one or two physical wingers. As for being against the cap they have more than enough room to sign all their RFA's and one UFA defenseman. They can also trade a forward or two in the offseason for those precious high round draft picks you are shedding all these tears over. The future of this team is not defined by trading a couple of picks away this season.
wow that's pretty good for later picks not bad for dime a dozen players fourth liners and 5 or 6 d pairing

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
1st + Benson/Lavoie

That's no better and possibly worse than Zucker just pulled in. Rakell is more proven offensively, has a much sweeter contract, and you're paying to pry him away vs Zucker who was actively available.

If Zucker can bring back Addison + 1st, the Ducks aren't sending Rakell to Edmonton without Bouchard or Broberg on the table, plus more.

The price you're suggesting is closer to what it will cost you to rent Kreider for a few months.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
That's no better and possibly worse than Zucker just pulled in. Rakell is more proven offensively, has a much sweeter contract, and you're paying to pry him away vs Zucker who was actively available.

If Zucker can bring back Addison + 1st, the Ducks aren't sending Rakell to Edmonton without Bouchard or Broberg on the table, plus more.

The price you're suggesting is closer to what it will cost you to rent Kreider for a few months.

And some would argue Zucker's value is similar to Rackell, maybe a tad less due to age/contract. Hence, the Oiler 1st will be higher than Pitt by like 10 spots in a good draft so that's a pretty decent improvement. Also, Addison is nice but he's doing that in the WHL as an undersized Dman. I'd argue Benson's production in a pro league holds more value. We can agree to disagree here though, Rakell is a good player and I doubt he gets moved at all this is all hypothetical.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
And some would argue Zucker's value is similar to Rackell, maybe a tad less due to age/contract. Hence, the Oiler 1st will be higher than Pitt by like 10 spots in a good draft so that's a pretty decent improvement. Also, Addison is nice but he's doing that in the WHL as an undersized Dman. I'd argue Benson's production in a pro league holds more value. We can agree to disagree here though, Rakell is a good player and I doubt he gets moved at all this is all hypothetical.

Addison holds more value to the Ducks, they have no RHD in the system and a big glut of young forwards already in the same tier as what you're offering. In terms of moving the needle in actually trying to convince the Ducks to part with Rakell, guys like Benson and Lavoie are going to do very little.

Sounds like Kreider is going to fetch a 1st as a rental, it's extremely optimistic to think that 2 extra years of Rakell (at one of the best cap hits in the league) could be acquired for only a 1st and a B prospect who doesn't fit the Ducks needs.

Reactions: 11Justin93

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Addison holds more value to the Ducks, they have no RHD in the system and a big glut of young forwards already in the same tier as what you're offering. In terms of moving the needle in actually trying to convince the Ducks to part with Rakell, guys like Benson and Lavoie are going to do very little.

Sounds like Kreider is going to fetch a 1st as a rental, it's extremely optimistic to think that 2 extra years of Rakell (at one of the best cap hits in the league) could be acquired for only a 1st and a B prospect who doesn't fit the Ducks needs.
The market is full of teams that would love to add rakell

Avs, Oilers, Flames, Islanders, Bruins, Stars just to name a few.... and you can add someone that solves that problem for the next 3 years.

I don't think 2 1sts, is unreasonable ask.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm fine moving a skilled winger for a more meat and potatoes type.

Just look how a guy like Hyman thrives with high skilled linemates.

Not sure his value.... think the fit is great.
Value on him is tough to gauge tbh... I think that's prob part of the reason we don't discuss it much

Hyman is great, and every time I watch the leafs… he is the guy I always notice making the biggest impact on a shift to shift basis.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm fine moving a skilled winger for a more meat and potatoes type.

Just look how a guy like Hyman thrives with high skilled linemates.

Not sure his value.... think the fit is great.
Well, lets say BM wants Kap/Johnsson+Liljegren for Manson...Dubas (if he feels like that's doable) should ask for the inclusion of Ritchie.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The market is full of teams that would love to add rakell

Avs, Oilers, Flames, Islanders, Bruins, Stars just to name a few.... and you can add someone that solves that problem for the next 3 years.

I don't think 2 1sts, is unreasonable ask.

It has to start with a piece the Ducks can hang their hopes on more than 1st round pick from a likely playoff team. A top prospect who has the same (or greater) ceiling but has continued to develop and shown to be closer to reaching their potential.

A team wants to pry away our most proven goal scorer, back to back 30 goal seasons under his belt, and they'd be getting three playoff runs at one of the most bargain rates in the league? We are not providing that luxury unless the return has a very good chance of becoming an equal or greater commodity. They can start with their top prospect and add picks from there.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well, lets say BM wants Kap/Johnsson+Liljegren for Manson...Dubas (if he feels like that's doable) should ask for the inclusion of Ritchie.
Weve discussed that idea before....

some Toronto fans are 100% anti Ritchie fans... and think he is "worthless garbage"... despite pacing around the same point total as aj/kap last year /shrug.

+ duck fans feel the difference between kap/Johnsson isn't much, so your essentially selling low on manson.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Weve discussed that idea before....

some Toronto fans are 100% anti Ritchie fans... and think he is "worthless garbage"... despite pacing around the same point total as aj/kap last year /shrug.

+ duck fans feel the difference between kap/Johnsson isn't much, so your essentially selling low on manson.

I personally value Kapanen a fair bit more than I do Johnsson.

Reactions: Getz2noone

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
wow that's pretty good for later picks not bad for dime a dozen players fourth liners and 5 or 6 d pairing

So if Andres Johnnson is a 4th liner then what makes leaf fans think you can get Manson for him???
Both Gunnerson and Stralman played top 4 roles for the majority of their careers. Stralman spent his time is Tampa on the top pairing.

Keep trying son. I am guessing you all ready looked up the Leafs 2nd and 3rd round picks for the last 15 years and realized they were a bunch of 4th liners and 6th/7th defensemen. All 5 of them that have played over 100 games. Hang your hat on Greg McKegg all you want but as I stated the Leafs do very well in the lower rounds. Don't think Dubas didn't take that into account when acquiring those picks in what is expected to be a deep draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad