TSN: Ducks listening on everyone.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pierre LeBrun said the Ducks are essentially listening on everyone, but they're not giving players away and that a deal is more likely to be done in the off season.

Bob Murray is disappointed in how the team has played and he's mostly disappointed in their players in their mid 20s.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
What are the ducks looking for? I’m assuming the cost of Lindholm would be a LOT.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Love to get Manson but the price would be astronomical(with a + since the Oilers are division rivals)
Rackell would also be a great acquisition

Reactions: Devil8995

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I wonder what they'd want from a contender for Silfverberg. He's always money in the playoffs and he is cost controlled at a reasonable cap hit.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Canucks will need top 4 dmen if Tanev walks as a UFA and then Edler might retire after next season.
Any of Lindholm, Manson, or Fowler would be of high interest. Lindholm would be ideal IMO, replaces Edler as our best all-around dman. Canucks don't really have many defensive prospects to deal. If the Canucks decide to go for it, how would this sound at next year's TDL (for cap purposes):

Podkolzin
1st
Gaudette/Madden
Woo/Lind/Rathbone
DiPietro (for value, not because you need goaltending)

I imagine you want futures.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Any of Manson, Lindholm or Ritchie would be nicely appreciated in Toronto. Price would obviously not be cheap.

I wouldn't mind giving Holzer a look with Ceci out on the right. Holzer for Aberg and a 7th?

Something around Kapanen/Johnsson + 1st + Kokkonen

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I really doubt he moves Lindholm...moving Getzlaf (lifer), Gibson, Silfverberg, and Fowler doesn't make much sense to me either (+Steel). I do feel like moving Rakell and / or Manson honestly makes a ton of sense. Especially Rakell, actually. He's in his prime years now, his contract is of top value for a contender. But the Ducks probably aren't going to accomplish much while he's on that ridiculous contract. By the time the Ducks might be ready to contend he'll be in his very late 20s and looking for a new deal, and likely a very nice one considering how much he's currently earning. And I don't think the Ducks should be looking to give a hefty contract to a good but not great winger coming out of a rebuild in a few years.

Maybe asset management is a stupid term, but I feel it applies to Rakell pretty well...if I were Murray that's personally who I'd be shipping out (+maybe Manson / Kase) for a haul to kickstart the retool.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Any of Manson, Lindholm or Ritchie would be nicely appreciated in Toronto. Price would obviously not be cheap.

I wouldn't mind giving Holzer a look with Ceci out on the right. Holzer for Aberg and a 7th?

Something around Kapanen/Johnsson + a prospect not named (Sandin, Robertson or Liljegren) + either a pick (2021 2nd/2022 2nd) or another prospect (Bracco, Kokkonen, SDA) + a throw-in of your choice (Petan/Gravel/Marincin) .

I'm not entirely sure what you think you're going to get with that pile of assets you listed. Ritchie maybe? Because a middle 6er, a prospect (but not any of the good ones!) and pick (but not a first!) and a few AHL'ers isn't going to get you much. Certainly not Lindholm/Manson

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Something around Kapanen/Johnsson + a prospect not named (Sandin, Robertson or Liljegren) + either a pick (2021 2nd/2022 2nd) or another prospect (Bracco, Kokkonen, SDA) + a throw-in of your choice (Petan/Gravel/Marincin) .
I actually spit my drink out reading this post... literally the most toronto post ever.

But then i assumed that wasnt the holzer offer

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

If you are talking Manson (i won't even mention Lindholm) it starts with a 1st, then you add from there, i don't see the Leafs having the right bullet in the chamber to pull off a deal for Manson.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I really doubt he moves Lindholm...moving Getzlaf (lifer), Gibson, Silfverberg, and Fowler doesn't make much sense to me either (+Steel). I do feel like moving Rakell and / or Manson honestly makes a ton of sense. Especially Rakell, actually. He's in his prime years now, his contract is of top value for a contender. But the Ducks probably aren't going to accomplish much while he's on that ridiculous contract. By the time the Ducks might be ready to contend he'll be in his very late 20s and looking for a new deal, and likely a very nice one considering how much he's currently earning. And I don't think the Ducks should be looking to give a hefty contract to a good but not great winger coming out of a rebuild in a few years.

Maybe asset management is a stupid term, but I feel it applies to Rakell pretty well...if I were Murray that's personally who I'd be shipping out (+maybe Manson / Kase) for a haul to kickstart the retool.
I think rakell kase ritchie henrique and manson are most likely candidates.

Lindholm gibson fowler are probly fairly safe imo.... as are steel comtois terry.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If you are talking Manson (i won't even mention Lindholm) it starts with a 1st, then you add from there, i don't see the Leafs having the right bullet in the chamber to pull off a deal for Manson.
Pretty sure manson is mangements favorite player too... so the ask is prob rediculous

Knowing anahiem mangement youd be better off asking for lindholm than manson.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think rakell kase ritchie henrique and manson are most likely candidates.

Lindholm gibson fowler are probly fairly safe imo.... as are steel comtois terry.
Honest question, if the Leafs make a run at Manson...does starting with a future 1st (next season) get the ball rolling? Folks will talk about the Canes deal, but our 1st is top 10 protected...i don't see the Leafs falling that far.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Pretty sure manson is mangements favorite player too... so the ask is prob rediculous

Knowing anahiem mangement youd be better off asking for lindholm than manson.
Lindholm would probably be considered the more valuable by most, but Manson fits our needs to a T.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Wonder if Boston does a deal where Backes goes along with a 1st, 2nd and Zboril for Rackell only, but Boston might have to add a little more. I like the deal because Anaheim takes extra for taking in Backes's contract.

But I think Getzlaf should be kept till he retires to mentor the young ducklings.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
As a Leaf fan, I'd back up the proverbial brinks truck for Manson given the situation we are now in with Ceci out.

Liljegren, 1st next year (bounces to 2022 and includes a 4th if marleau's clause bounces to 2021) and Andreas Johnson.

Just not sure if the cap works with the potential for Ceci to return before the season ends.

I'd also look at a Gudbranson deal if the Ducks were willing to consider retaining about $1m worth of salary for this year and next.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Pierre LeBrun said the Ducks are essentially listening on everyone, but they're not giving players away and that a deal is more likely to be done in the off season.

Bob Murray is disappointed in how the team has played and he's mostly disappointed in their players in their mid 20s.

What was he expecting? Everybody knew that roster was in trouble heading into the season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad