GDT: Ducks @ Knights 7:00 PM Our time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Well played game by the ducks. Vegas is incredible in transition and burned us a few times. Think Terry and Lundestrom are really turning it on now
when you're in our spot you have to look for the positives, those 2 are, Terry seems to have turned a corner. 4 straight good games from him, and the team didn't pack it in tonight. We have a respectable record sans the Vegas games....

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Sit Steel already, he's a ****ing turnover machine.

Grant being healthy scratched was a big turning point down the stretch late in this game. I get there's a learning curve, but if Eakins is assuming that Silf and Heinen are your shutdown wingers, you're not putting Steel in the best position to succeed long-term if you're making him defend the whole period IMO; now Eakins doesn't have any options for alternatives (Backes is too slow to keep up, Lundy is even more inexperienced at the NHL level than Steel is, and you don't want to overexert Getzlaf because you want him creating offense and hunting the winner when you have all the momentum).

I know they don't want to change what's clicking, but I'd love to see him with a creator offensively. One forechecker and a legitimate offensive threat allows him to play his ideal quiet game and find soft areas; Silf and Heinen both being there render Steel useless if they're not constantly winning pucks in the offensive end with massive amounts of space in the slot for him to exploit.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
when you're in our spot you have to look for the positives, those 2 are, Terry seems to have turned a corner. 4 straight good games from him, and the team didn't pack it in tonight. We have a respectable record sans the Vegas games....
I think there are a lot of positives overall based on what most realistically expected this team to be mixed in with some not so good things.

The main things I’m not stoked about are: Shattenkirk and Henrique signed for multiple years past this one, the lack of overall finishing ability on the roster outside of Comtois and a couple others sometimes, and some of the personnel decisions by Eakins at the end of games

I think overall there is light at the end of the tunnel of sucktitude. We just have no high end offensive players currently

Reactions: Hey234 and Paul4587
Oct 18, 2011
I think there are a lot of positives overall based on what most realistically expected this team to be mixed in with some not so good things.

The main things I’m not stoked about are: Shattenkirk and Henrique signed for multiple years past this one, the lack of overall finishing ability on the roster outside of Comtois and a couple others sometimes, and some of the personnel decisions by Eakins at the end of games

I think overall there is light at the end of the tunnel of sucktitude. We just have no high end offensive players currently
We could have just brought back f***ing Vatanen who's better

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Am I the only one underwhelmed by Silfverberg too? He’s not as bad as Henrique but he’s not the player he was in the past to me so far. The line he’s on always seems to struggle

He might be playing himself onto the trade block

Oct 18, 2011
Am I the only one underwhelmed by Silfverberg too? He’s not as bad as Henrique but he’s not the player he was in the past to me so far. The line he’s on always seems to struggle

I would love to clear the books of as many guys who aren't part of the long term future as possible but we have never seen BM be that aggressive

Reactions: AngelDuck

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Silf gets bailed out largely because he’s still very good in his own zone, but if you want the TL;DR version of what I posted above, the fact that he’s showing no instincts offensively is really dragging Steel’s development, who could desperately use a veteran creator on his line like Terry/Lundestrom/Comtois have to alleviate some pressure off of him

Reactions: AngelDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Silf gets bailed out largely because he’s still very good in his own zone, but if you want the TL;DR version of what I posted above, the fact that he’s showing no instincts offensively is really dragging Steel’s development, who could desperately use a veteran creator on his line like Terry/Lundestrom/Comtois have to alleviate some pressure off of him
Him turning into an extremely expensive Danton Heinen is at least a little bit of a concern to
Me. I like the guy but for 5+ million you need 20-25 goals and 45-50 points

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015

Dude is the king of tunnel vision dump-and-change.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Silf and Heinen have been hustling it on the ice, creating turnovers, etc... I like what they do. If you just want to only look at counting stats, then I guess you'd be underwhelmed.

Before changes, we had this

Heinen-Rico-Silf
Comtois-Steel-Terry​

My opinion was that Rico and Steel have been weak links down the middle. After the changes, we get...

Heinen-Steel-Silf
Comtois-Lundy-Rakell​

Steel has the better players around him compared to Lundy's linemates, but it's Lundy's line that pretty strong on the offensive end and isn't getting hemmed in often in the defensive end. Rakell and Terry are basically interchangeable based upon their play early in this season. So Lundy is making it work when Steel couldn't. Heinen and Silf have been stuck with weaker centers between Rico and Steel. Steel... maybe he just needs more time to develop a la Terry, but right now, he might have hit a wall. I'd try this for a game or two...

Rico-Getz-Terry
Heinen-Grant-Silf
Comtois-Lundy-Rakell
Des-Backes-Rowney​

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Silf and Heinen have been hustling it on the ice, creating turnovers, etc... I like what they do. If you just want to only look at counting stats, then I guess you'd be underwhelmed.

Before changes, we had this

Heinen-Rico-Silf
Comtois-Steel-Terry​

My opinion was that Rico and Steel have been weak links down the middle. After the changes, we get...

Heinen-Steel-Silf
Comtois-Lundy-Rakell​

Steel has the better players around him compared to Lundy's linemates, but it's Lundy's line that pretty strong on the offensive end and isn't getting hemmed in often in the defensive end. Rakell and Terry are basically interchangeable based upon their play early in this season. So Lundy is making it work when Steel couldn't. Heinen and Silf have been stuck with weaker centers between Rico and Steel. Steel... maybe he just needs more time to develop a la Terry, but right now, he might have hit a wall. I'd try this for a game or two...

Rico-Getz-Terry
Heinen-Grant-Silf
Comtois-Lundy-Rakell
Des-Backes-Rowney​
Fine opinion to have, but please don’t accuse me of only looking at counting stats. I’ve watched damn near every single game of Jakob Silfverberg’ career and have been fine with his contributions for most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad