GDT: Ducks @ Knights 7:00 PM Our time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
It’s one thing Vegas beats them all the time but now risk them of Covid? I hope the league does what they did against Washington. Unreal.
It's more of a hole in the league's protocol. On one hand, I applaud not jumping vaccination lines as well as taking rapid testing materials, but on the other hand, is this even safe then? Doesn't seem like it.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
He’s been good this year. Never gonna be a guy to really take over a game with skill but he can put up points and compliment a line very nicely. I’ll take that all day long out of a 2nd round pick

He’s an easy 20+ goal, 40+ point guy moving forward
Yeah he kinda reminds me of a Beleskey type player with a bit higher ceiling. He won’t drive a line by himself, but he’ll get to the dirty areas as a scoring threat.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
It's more of a hole in the league's protocol. On one hand, I applaud not jumping vaccination lines as well as taking rapid testing materials, but on the other hand, is this even safe then? Doesn't seem like it.

No, I don’t think it’s safe to have pro sports or college teams traveling around the country playing games during a pandemic. Don’t get me wrong I am enjoying that we have something to watch, but the NHL needs to get this under control.

Reactions: Static

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I can imagine someone aspecific individual throwing a barstool. And I am in my mind as well.

How the hell he was playing if there was any doubt he could have it? maybe I am missing something, but this not looks good to me.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I can imagine someone aspecific individual throwing a barstool. And I am in my mind as well.

How the hell he was playing if there was any doubt he could have it? maybe I am missing something, but this not looks good to me.
You can test positive before feeling initial symptoms or are asymptomatic. Hopefully that was the case here.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
zero chance they finish the season if they're literally allowing guys to play without knowing their test results

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
zero chance they finish the season if they're literally allowing guys to play without knowing their test results

It's crazy this is all happening, NY just announced they will allow 10% of fans in the arenas starting Feb 23rd. have to get a Rapid test 72 hours before going. Would be ironic if the league halts the season when states are starting to allow attendance. But with this pandemic nothing really is surprising.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
It's crazy this is all happening, NY just announced they will allow 10% of fans in the arenas starting Feb 23rd. have to get a Rapid test 72 hours before going. Would be ironic if the league halts the season when states are starting to allow attendance. But with this pandemic nothing really is surprising.
they just need to change their protocol so that no player can suit up without a conclusive test result from them or a close contact

NBA has the same issue and that's what led to kevin durant being pulled halfway through a game once it was discovered a close contact tested positive

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Comtois leads the team in goals and points and we want to sit him? Plus, why tank we need to win and be competitive for the kids development, and the draft sucks this year anyway.

It sucks to lose games like last night but it gives hope and shows this team has a pulse and gives a crap.
Agreed. They need to make the most of what games they can play this year to further their development until the whole league is vaccinated for next season.
Terry and Comtois needs as many games as possible.
I have a feeling this years draft is gonna be a real dart toss and picking 9th or 5th may not be a as big of a difference compared to last year or 2019.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Stephens says Anaheim is practicing today and plan is to play tomorrow as of now.

Might as well get it over with as long as everyone is safe, wont be back in Vegas till next season, thank goodness.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Im sorry but wtf is the point of the vaccine if we are not using it? These players should all get the vaccine and play away.. Dont get it.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
they just need to change their protocol so that no player can suit up without a conclusive test result from them or a close contact

NBA has the same issue and that's what led to kevin durant being pulled halfway through a game once it was discovered a close contact tested positive
You realize these tests are 50 50 right?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Im sorry but wtf is the point of the vaccine if we are not using it? These players should all get the vaccine and play away.. Dont get it.

The global issue with the vaccine is that it's currently very difficult to get. All sorts of reasons related to production capacity issues and ongoing regulatory work.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
The NHL has made it clear they aren’t going to pay money to cut in line to get the vaccine before people who need it more.

That would be a very bad look and probably very expensive, too.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Well, in my opinion, there is no way thes guys, who are part of the demographic that is least affected should be put in line ahead of people more at risk.
Just my opinion, and I understand a different viewpoint and returning the world to normal as soon as we can

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Things sounded pretty glum after the game last night regarding the prospect of there being a game tomorrow. The fact that Stephens made it sound like it's reasonably possible tomorrow is great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad