Ducks have been better than expected Pacific Division Winner and reach WCF

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
As if that will happen. way too much money on the line. And the Leafs rebuild is ahead of schedule.
Maybe he'll go to Buffalo because I heard he'd pick them because they were "Years" ahead of the Leafs in a rebuild?:laugh:
And BTW, I can't find anything about him being able to leave after 3 years. (Not stating it's not a fact, I just could not recall that and it wasn't reported by TSn or SN).

How is the rebuild ahead of schedule. What were you hoping to accomplish last year, and how did the leafs go beyond it? :dunno::dunno:

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Can anyone say the rebuild is going bad in Toronto? It is ahead of schedule. All of you said it'll be 5-7 years before they are even good. It's faster than expected, but now Babcock wants out?
How many organizations can give the coach a 50 million contract?
Right now the Leafs from top to bottom are the most stable NHL organization.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
How is the rebuild ahead of schedule. What were you hoping to accomplish last year, and how did the leafs go beyond it? :dunno::dunno:

They more than double the amount of points from their rookies this season than any NHL team and have the top prospect pool. They have added an incredible amount of blue chippers in the past 16 months.
It is without a doubt ahead of schedule. They look better right now than teams like Buffalo who were supposed to be years ahead.
The Marlies again look great despite losing so much talent from last season.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Can anyone say the rebuild is going bad in Toronto? It is ahead of schedule. All of you said it'll be 5-7 years before they are even good. It's faster than expected, but now Babcock wants out?
How many organizations can give the coach a 50 million contract?
Right now the Leafs from top to bottom are the most stable NHL organization.

How is it ahead of schedule. I don't understand? Based on what accomplishments, goalposts?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
How is it ahead of schedule. I don't understand? Based on what accomplishments, goalposts?

You're being delusional here. I saw everyone's thoughts on how bad the next 5 years will be.
No team has built up their farm system in the NHL or added elite rookies like the Leafs have since the rebuild started. Over 60 points from rookies. No other team has 30 yet.
But please, go ahead and kiss the butts of the Sabres and Jets for their amazing future.
And it's not like these are fluke rookies. These are 3 of the very elite prospects in the entire world.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
They more than double the amount of points from their rookies this season than any NHL team and have the top prospect pool. They have added an incredible amount of blue chippers in the past 16 months.
It is without a doubt ahead of schedule. They look better right now than teams like Buffalo who were supposed to be years ahead.
The Marlies again look great despite losing so much talent from last season.

So you're basing ahead of schedule on 18 games this season, and based on points by rookies.

I thought the overall goal was perennial playoff contenders in 5 years. Not sure those two objectives line up.

Oops. Wayyyyy off topic.

Go ducks! Go Randy!

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

They're above .500 and getting better every game, meanwhile many people here (e.g. you) thought they'd be basement dwellers for at least 2-3 more years, and 5+ years away from contending.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
They're above .500 and getting better every game, meanwhile many people here (e.g. you) thought they'd be basement dwellers for at least 2-3 more years, and 5+ years away from contending.

Of course. We're supposed to now forget what everyone's predictions for the next 5 years were.
It's like the Phil Kessel situation on here. Everyone loves him now and only evil Leaf fans criticized him.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Ducks underlying numbers still aren't good, and they're only 11th in the league in points percentage. Last year they were 5th.

In other words, they're worse than they were last year, and you can also expect them to regress a bit to where their underlying numbers say they should be. Because of Carlyle.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
So you're basing ahead of schedule on 18 games this season, and based on points by rookies.

I thought the overall goal was perennial playoff contenders in 5 years. Not sure those two objectives line up.

Oops. Wayyyyy off topic.

Go ducks! Go Randy!

LOL What? All of you based your predictions on zero sample size. You honestly think Nylander/Marner and Matthews are some fluke rookies who won't continue to develop?

Leafs can challenge for the playoffs this year and contend within 2 years.

I love this thread, Ducks were supposed to be a cup contender. They are 500 and it's "Ha-Ha Leaf Fans You Were Wrong". Leafs are 500. already with such a young and experienced team and it's "The Rebuild Is Not Going Faster Than Expected".

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
You're being delusional here. I saw everyone's thoughts on how bad the next 5 years will be.
No team has built up their farm system in the NHL or added elite rookies like the Leafs have since the rebuild started. Over 60 points from rookies. No other team has 30 yet.
But please, go ahead and kiss the butts of the Sabres and Jets for their amazing future.
And it's not like these are fluke rookies. These are 3 of the very elite prospects in the entire world.

So how is Babcock getting credit for building up the leafs awesome prospect pool and farm system. I'm even more confuesed. But maybe we should continue this convo via pm.

Go ducks! 1st in Pacifico!

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Of course. We're supposed to now forget what everyone's predictions for the next 5 years were.
It's like the Phil Kessel situation on here. Everyone loves him now and only evil Leaf fans criticized him.

I can't wait to read Sgt Osiris and the other geniuses on here tell us how the rebuild is a failure if the Leafs don't make the playoffs this year. I bet they'll claim it's a failure even if they do make the playoffs but lose in the first round.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
So how is Babcock getting credit for building up the leafs awesome prospect pool and farm system. I'm even more confuesed. But maybe we should continue this convo via pm.

Go ducks! 1st in Pacifico!

No one has said that. But it does go hand in hand in stating the rebuild overall is going quicker the expected.

The Leafs are only 500 like the Ducks so, umm, the Leafs suck but Leaf fans were wrong about the Ducks I dunno. Now I'm confused.

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
As if that will happen. way too much money on the line. And the Leafs rebuild is ahead of schedule.
Maybe he'll go to Buffalo because I heard he'd pick them because they were "Years" ahead of the Leafs in a rebuild?:laugh:
And BTW, I can't find anything about him being able to leave after 3 years. (Not stating it's not a fact, I just could not recall that and it wasn't reported by TSn or SN).

Actually, it's the opposite. Babcock's contract is very front-loaded. He gets $24 million in the first 3 years alone.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Ducks underlying numbers still aren't good, and they're only 11th in the league in points percentage. Last year they were 5th.

In other words, they're worse than they were last year, and you can also expect them to regress a bit to where their underlying numbers say they should be. Because of Carlyle.

Or it's because the roster is worse. I love how the blame somehow all falls on him. That's such a convenient argument. Not at all transparent in agenda.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
In a 48 game season. That gave him a big advantage. Carlyle's teams usually tanked in the second half.

Given the way he rides the top players this isn't surprising. Especially on a team like the Ducks where a lot of the stars are older I don't see thing going well for us towards the end of the season.

Also, thanks for the jinx thread :thumbd:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
LOL What? All of you based your predictions on zero sample size. You honestly think Nylander/Marner and Matthews are some fluke rookies who won't continue to develop?

Leafs can challenge for the playoffs this year and contend within 2 years.

I love this thread, Ducks were supposed to be a cup contender. They are 500 and it's "Ha-Ha Leaf Fans You Were Wrong". Leafs are 500. already with such a young and experienced team and it's "The Rebuild Is Not Going Faster Than Expected".

The Ducks are 3 games over .500, the Leafs are 1 game over. That's not the same thing.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Ducks are great at being regular season champs and flaming out in the playoffs..

That's okay. The Wings are great at making the playoffs. I guess. It's not like they have much in the way of accomplishments lately. Stones in glass houses, and all that.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
That's okay. The Wings are great at making the playoffs. I guess. It's not like they have much in the way of accomplishments lately. Stones in glass houses, and all that.

Ok,and? Most of our fan base wants to blow it up and are not content with limping into the playoffs. Nobody is expecting us to win anything. You all are the one's chasing a cup and make these threads every regular season and then flaming out. I,mean,if you all need a thread touting being in 1st place in the division in November that's cool,I guess?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad