Ducks have been better than expected Pacific Division Winner and reach WCF

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
NOOOO! Why did you do this?

-It's November.
-We haven't even played 20 games.
-The Pacific is the worst division in the league.
-We're the division winners 4 years running so it shouldn't be shocking to see us at the top at some random point in the season. It's especially nothing to brag about after multiple playoff embarrassments.

Thank you for making a thread about a nothing accomplishment and inviting everyone to come in a rain negativity on us.

Cue the 10 game losing streak.

Yes its November yes we haven't played 20 games yet sure the Pacific division sucks sure we have won the division 4 years running but we fired BB hired RC had Rakell and Lindholm out of the lineup for a while we shouldn't have been in 1st place at this point at all based on everything I have heard from other teams fans.

I want to be able to say something positive after all the crap is that really so bad?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
NOOOO! Why did you do this?

-It's November.
-We haven't even played 20 games.
-The Pacific is the worst division in the league.
-We're the division winners 4 years running so it shouldn't be shocking to see us at the top at some random point in the season. It's especially nothing to brag about after multiple playoff embarrassments.

Thank you for making a thread about a nothing accomplishment and inviting everyone to come in a rain negativity on us.

Cue the 10 game losing streak.

Was gonna say, oh blessed jinx thread :laugh:

Seriously didn't/don't expect the Ducks to be as good as the last few years, but don't see them out of the playoffs either. I'm not surprised to see them up there early, but the division is pretty terrible as a whole, so.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Good hockey team but terrible grammar in that title. Solely in 1st place? As a opposed to what, sharing 1st place?

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
For reference they are just 2 points up on the leafs with 1 more game played, and the leafs are not even in a wild card spot. Division has been pretty garbage so far. I'm more surprised that 21 points gets you the division lead, rather than the fact that they are 1st in the pacific right now.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
The Pacific sucks ass. Not an achievement.

Nice to see Kesler stepping up though. I hate the term on that contract of his, but he's making the AAV look nice for now. That shutdown line with Cogs and Silf is once again our driving force in the early going. Hopefully it can keep up and hopefully our top line can pick up since Perry has been very cold in the early-going.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I get that it feels good to see us leading the division. Trust me, as soon as the game ended I went straight to the standings as well just to gawk. But a 9-6-3 record is just perfectly mediocre. It is not at all a goal achieved. It doesn't prove anything to the naysayers. We're 9th in the league and separated by the 17th team by a mere two points.

Those fans that said we wouldn't be in this position... I don't think any of them meant 1/5 of the way into the season. And they're not so wrong that it's worth throwing in their face. In the Central we'd be in 2nd. In the Atlantic we'd be in 3rd. In the Met we'd be in 4th AKA a Wild Card team.

Ugh, I'm not trying to be a jerk but knowing what potential this team has had and still has, this brief two point lead over the Pacific... it's reason to smile as a fan but it's far from thread worthy on a neutral board. It's just a welcome invitation to people saying "Plan the parade" and "Good luck in Game 7".

We had been without Lindholm and Rakell for a while that and BB being fired and RC being hired we are much better then what other teams fans expected us to be even if it is only 18 games into the season. Maybe it isn't worth posting but I wanted to post something that makes me fell happy after all the crap have been going through. Hopefully we keep it up and win the division doesn't matter to me if the division sucks.

The Pacific sucks ass. Not an achievement.

Nice to see Kesler stepping up though. I hate the term on that contract of his, but he's making the AAV look nice for now. That shutdown line with Cogs and Silf is once again our driving force in the early going. Hopefully it can keep up and hopefully our top line can pick up since Perry has been very cold in the early-going.

I expected the Sharks to be better. Being in 1st might not be a great achievement but still we have been better then expected even at this point in the season that is the point and happy about it.

it looks like their getting good goaltending too good for bernier always knew he had it in him.

I am happy with how well he has played hope he keeps it up.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Maybe you should have just made a kesler thread or something, granted i didnt think we would be leadinf the division this early due to guys like lindholm and rakell not playing.

Lets just say this.

The people hfboards trashed the most all offseason have been our most dominant players, kesler fowler and bernier.

People say oh you are in the pac, well we just play the schedule were given, just cause pac sucks doesnt impact us really... ducks seem like they are set up to be competitive for a while.

eternalbedhead

Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I expected the Sharks to be better. Being in 1st might not be a great achievement but still we have been better then expected even at this point in the season that is the point and happy about it.
Just because other teams haven't stepped it up doesn't mean that our leading the division becomes all the more glorious. I expected the Kings, Sharks, and even the Oilers all to be ahead of us, with the Central likely grabbing both wildcards. That doesn't make us being in 1st any better.

The point is, we're essentially .500 (counting OT losses) and leading the division. That's enough said right there.

If the Sharks wake up, or the Kings wake up, or we hit the tank, that division lead will go by in an instant and we might find ourselves out of the playoff picture altogether.

We can talk about it when we have a sizeable lead in an actually competitive division in February. Not a 2 point lead in a crappy division in November. It's premature, to say the least, if not outright unnoteworthy.

perrygetz1*

Aug 12, 2015
Why would you make this thread? It's like you're begging for other fan bases to **** on our team.

Oct 18, 2011
well it is true, after the first few games of the season there was that thread about how awful the ducks are, how bad a coach carlyle is, how overrated kesler is etc.

but even with the awfulness of the division they are still tied for 2nd in the west in points but really the entire conference is down this year not just the pacific division

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Just because other teams haven't stepped it up doesn't mean that our leading the division becomes all the more glorious. I expected the Kings, Sharks, and even the Oilers all to be ahead of us, with the Central likely grabbing both wildcards. That doesn't make us being in 1st any better.

The point is, we're essentially .500 (counting OT losses) and leading the division. That's enough said right there.

If the Sharks wake up, or the Kings wake up, or we hit the tank, that division lead will go by in an instant and we might find ourselves out of the playoff picture altogether.

We can talk about it when we have a sizeable lead in an actually competitive division in February. Not a 2 point lead in a crappy division in November. It's premature, to say the least, if not outright unnoteworthy.

And they aren't now which is unexpected even if it is only 18 games into our season.

And what if we have a sizable lead then but the division still sucks?

well it is true, after the first few games of the season there was that thread about how awful the ducks are, how bad a coach carlyle is, how overrated kesler is etc.

but even with the awfulness of the division they are still tied for 2nd in the west in points but really the entire conference is down this year not just the pacific division

Yep and considering what we went through with Lindholm and Rakell well....

eternalbedhead

Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
And they aren't now which is unexpected even if it is only 18 games into our season.

And what if we have a sizable lead then but the division still sucks?
Doesn't matter. Their failure to meet expectations is on their part and has nothing to do with us.

Bad wording on my part. Strength of schedule is the only thing I'd point out. If we're in the lead by a sizeable margin and actually on a legitimate pace for play, then yeah, sure, it's an achievement. But we're not in a sizeable lead now (2 pts), it's early in the season, and given the way that Carlyle is playing his top two lines, I foresee us tapering off in the later months.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Doesn't matter. Their failure to meet expectations is on their part and has nothing to do with us.

Bad wording on my part. Strength of schedule is the only thing I'd point out. If we're in the lead by a sizeable margin and actually on a legitimate pace for play, then yeah, sure, it's an achievement. But we're not in a sizeable lead now (2 pts), it's early in the season, and given the way that Carlyle is playing his top two lines, I foresee us tapering off in the later months.

Well with us being even a .500 team as you put it we still had to be a mediocre team to be 1st in the division and considering everything we shouldn't even have that good a record based off everything we should suck should not be leading the division at all even 18 games into the season.

eternalbedhead

Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Well with us being even a .500 team as you put it we still had to be a mediocre team to be 1st in the division and considering everything we shouldn't even have that good a record based off everything.
But that's what I'm saying: it's not much of an achievement to be a mediocre team atop a very weak division.

I'm not denying that we held up very well considering the circumstances, but as I said, in the very least, it's way too early to start patting ourselves on the back for a mediocre start despite expectations of utter failure.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
But that's what I'm saying: it's not much of an achievement to be a mediocre team atop a very weak division.

I'm not denying that we held up very well considering the circumstances, but as I said, in the very least, it's way too early to start patting ourselves on the back for a mediocre start despite expectations of utter failure.

Well I like to give the team credit for doing as well as they have so far especially considering everything is that really so wrong?

eternalbedhead

Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Well I like to give the team credit for doing as well as they have so far especially considering everything is that really so wrong?
Nothing wrong with it, but it's hardly eye-catching to an outsider. We're bragging about something that's inconsequential. It doesn't glorify our team and instead just opens up a hole for everyone to criticize our play. It's a jinx if you're into that stuff, and if you're not, it's flat-out way too early for something so unimpressive as leading the Pacific Division.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Nothing wrong with it, but it's hardly eye-catching to an outsider. We're bragging about something that's inconsequential. It doesn't glorify our team and instead just opens up a hole for everyone to criticize our play. It's a jinx if you're into that stuff, and if you're not, it's flat-out way too early for something so unimpressive as leading the Pacific Division.

I don't really believe in Jinx. I just wanted to vent out stuff.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Rakell_goal.0.gif

How Swede it is.

Just getting him back added that much more skill to the lineup. It was brutal sometimes.

Should I take him for fantasy, how many points do you think he'll put up

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Eh we generally start slow anyway wel heat up after black friday like normal. There isnt a real clear cut team in the west and were about a top 6 forward away from being the favorites in the west.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad