GDT: Ducks @ GoodDevils, 7:00, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now that we have Haula crushing important faceoffs so far, McLeod’s usefulness continues to dwindle.
I mean, he's not the worst 4th line center we've had, not even close. But it's a credit to our current depth that we may have even better options than him for that role right now.

I don't feel 100% comfortable judging someone based off speculation, but my friend (@Cage Helmet explain yourself lol) and I were talking about it and he says McLeod's body language and facial expressions when asked about it are too much of a giveaway that he's either guilty or he's at least in the know and knows way too much about went on and is trying to cover it up at the very least. He's convinced when asked about it that he's displayed way too many signs of someone guilt free and just way too many red flags. Hopefully if he is, he's expunged from the team immediately, including the rest of them around the league.

With McLeod's (lack of) minutes the other night, I wouldn't have been quite surprised if he didn't play in this one.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
More than the goalies and the lack of scoring, i think the worst sign this season has been Ruff’s line shuffling. You have all preseason and training camp to find something that works, and the blender comes out halfway through game one and hasn’t stopped since. Just feels like a lost coach with no confidence in his players or his own decisions.

Then he runs out Tatar and McBastian like Tatar isn’t gonna get thrown on some other line the second things look bad. Tatar - Boqvist - Zetterlund could be Arizona’s first line but god forbid we lose a faceoff that McLeod might have won.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
As much as I think Ruff even coming back this year was a bad idea, I'm gonna feel even worse for him if he gets booed and mocked and chanted at if Blackwood has a bad game and lets in a bunch of goals.

In that case the fans really need to direct their frustrations at the guy on the ice that has only allowed fewer than 3 goals in 1 of his last 13 starts and maybe not the old man standing behind the bench.

After the intros the other night, it didn't sound like many more people were pleased with him than Ruff, judging by the reaction to him. It still wasn't as ornery as what Ruff got in the intros.

Yeah, I’ll feel bad for him too, but then I’ll remember the dude has made millions coaching a game for a living. Not like this is some rookie coach trying to get his feet wet in the NHL.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
john gibson stinks out loud. I want to see some goals tonight
You better watch yourself. The amount of Ducks fans that think it’s all their team and not him is even higher than the number of Devils fans that won’t blame Blackwood/other goalies here. He has a gigantic fanclub. They just think he’s something else. They really think he’s wonderful. And that his albatross contract is actually worth something, and that’s he’s absolutely available but if you want him, you’ll be paying real assets for him. because it’s not like he’s a cap dump or anything.

but we’re almost certainly getting Stolarz, after Gibson started last night. He was pulled late in the game though.

He was actually pulled in his last two.

ANA is on the back half of a road B2B...

The Devils really should be getting on track here. And I think they'll come away with the W.
So do I

But…… Detroit was also on the back half of a road B2B while having had to travel even further.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
So do I

But…… Detroit was also on the back half of a road B2B while having had to travel even further.
They played pretty well against Detroit but couldn't finish. If they come out with the same effort, the result will hopefully be there.

I'm expecting Jack to get cooking now, especially if he's playing with Bratt.

Homedresser

Proverbs 26:4-5
Dec 7, 2021
Just have to find a way to win...Doesn't matter how...Doesn't need to be pretty or clean. JUST WIN.
cakewalk tonight. Ducks playing 3rd game in 4 nights all on the road. They give up a ton of goals. Devils have been home since September. 5-1 win tonight. Everyone looks good and some water gets thrown on the fire for a day or two. Just the thing to smooth out some Ruff edges.

FascinationStreet

Dec 6, 2021
tumblr_464650161e5a72dc12b84d533f18b918_a5acd2e5_540.jpg

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Looks like his Fleer Ultra trading card. :thumbu: I had to look this up to find out exactly HOW he warranted a Devils trading card. I found two from that season. The Fleer Ultra and Metal Universe. :oops:

View attachment 595482

View attachment 595481
I'm pretty sure I have one of these. I collected Fleer for a few years and have two binders full of Devils cards somewhere deep in the storage vault.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Holy smokes....Is that Esa in your avatar? I didn't even know a picture existed of him in a Devil uniform :laugh:
Yes it is. I had a pretty generic picture in there for so long and wanted to change it to something more “unique” in the team’s history.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
cakewalk tonight. Ducks playing 3rd game in 4 nights all on the road. They give up a ton of goals. Devils have been home since September. 5-1 win tonight. Everyone looks good and some water gets thrown on the fire for a day or two. Just the thing to smooth out some Ruff edges.

1000000000000000% bet the over tonight. 2000000000000000000000000000% bet over 0.5 goals in first 10 mins of game.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Google search doesn't show anything about him having one.

Probably have Devils hats being thrown onto the ice if he does that with chants of fire Lindy in the background lol

You don’t have to Google search hat tricks, Hockey Reference lists them under team history and on individual player pages (if they have them).

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I`m waiting for win tonight. I understand how they can lose it, but they need to show character and perseverance.
I wonder if a fourth line of Tatar, Bastian and Zetterlund makes more sense than whatever they are doing with McLeod?
Clearly I don't understand why not. Use Haula/Hischier with Bastian in defensive situations, and Jack/Nico with Zett in offensive situations.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad