GDT: Ducks @ GoodDevils, 7:00, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Analytically, we were the better team in both of our first two games and I expect the luck has to turn at some point. But emotionally it all feels too much like last year so I'm just assuming we'll dominate the first period but only have a tie or one goal lead to show for it, completely unravel in the second period, and then dominate the third again only for it to be too little, too late and let in an empty netter to make it look like a laugher.

I would very much like to be proven right and wrong.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Tonight would be the kind of game I would go to. Lower level tickets for $20 on Stubhub. An opponent the Devils can and should beat...

But I can't believe two games into the season, my excitement has been completely ripped from me. This team in the first two games looks exactly like last year's team.
$20 for a ticket ?!
I went to the Oilers home opener . $350 for a “meh” seat .
Cheeseburger / chips ( bag of chips ..not even fries ) and a pop was $35 ……

Anywho , about tonight’s game . Ducks D has been terrible so far this season . They bleed shots on goal and goals against . Tonight will be interesting to see how we do offensively .
My concern is that the Ducks probably got read the riot act after losing yet another game so I can see them playing with some “ desperation “ ( even if it’s this early in the season )

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Not many can handle the period of the long change, it's hard to blame the Devils there
1666103029577.png

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
$20 for a ticket ?!
I went to the Oilers home opener . $350 for a “meh” seat .
Cheeseburger / chips ( bag of chips ..not even fries ) and a pop was $35 ……

Anywho , about tonight’s game . Ducks D has been terrible so far this season . They bleed shots on goal and goals against . Tonight will be interesting to see how we do offensively .
My concern is that the Ducks probably got read the riot act after losing yet another game so I can see them playing with some “ desperation “ ( even if it’s this early in the season )
Every time someone makes fun of our attendance I say it's not so bad when you can get $20 lower level seats for games... but it's not worth it. The costs add up too. $40 to park, gas and tolls or train fare to get there, beer is going to run you $15-20, the food is awful and expensive... the ONLY thing that makes it worth it is if the team would win... but they apparently don't plan on it.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Just feels like a game that we dominate, don't capitalize and Anaheim finishes on a limited number of chances for a 1 goal win. Devils finish with 4.2 xG and Anaheim finishes with 0.8 xG, but we lose 3-2. Maybe a heartbreaker in overtime just to twist the knife.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Every time someone makes fun of our attendance I say it's not so bad when you can get $20 lower level seats for games... but it's not worth it. The costs add up too. $40 to park, gas and tolls or train fare to get there, beer is going to run you $15-20, the food is awful and expensive... the ONLY thing that makes it worth it is if the team would win... but they apparently don't plan on it.
Yeah i got a ticket in section 128 for $25 on Stubhub but they added $15 worth of all kinds of fees. Train from Manhattan back and forth, gotta grab something to eat... yeah not a $20 game after all :laugh:

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Just feels like a game that we dominate, don't capitalize and Anaheim finishes on a limited number of chances for a 1 goal win. Devils finish with 4.2 xG and Anaheim finishes with 0.8 xG, but we lose 3-2. Maybe a heartbreaker in overtime just to twist the knife.
Zegras scores and tosses his stick into the crowd.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I will feel really sympathetic for Lindy if Blackwood gets bombed again and there's another ''Fire Lindy!'' chant.

If I were there I'd chant ''FIRE MACKENZIE!'' in that case.

I'd probably even chant 'GIBSON'S BETTER!'' (he probably won't play, he played last night, it'll be Stolarz), but I'd probably be sitting near some Ducks MARKS that are like ''Oh! Yeah! But Gibson is elite though and one of the best in the league! There's no shame in that if you're Blackwood!''.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
My prediction :
Devils come out flying . Get a few chances but cannot finish .
Ducks capitalize on their first chance . The chance is a break away off of a turnover at their blue line on our PP .
We continue to battle but Gibson decides to play like 2018 Gibson and we cannot score .
Ducks score three more in the 2nd period.
One on a wide open back door tap in on their PP.
Tatar is weak on the puck in our end , he turns over the puck and we get hemmed in our own end for over a minute who’s results I’m a goal against where a guy is left alone in the slot while we have 2 D behind the net .
We get a garbage goal in the 3rd . Pull the goalie , immediately let in an empty net goal . Then Tatar scored a pointless garbage goal and “ earns” himself a spot in the top 6 for the next game ….
Jack hits 3 posts after going cosstvto coast around the Ducks entire team
Nico winces the entire game and says post game we have to be better

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
My prediction :
Ducks capitalize on their first chance . The chance is a break away off of a turnover at their blue line on our PP .
We continue to battle but Gibson decides to play like 2018 Gibson and we cannot score .
Tatar is weak on the puck in our end , he turns over the puck and we get hemmed in our own end for over a minute who’s results I’m a goal against where a guy is left alone in the slot while we have 2 D behind the net .
We get a garbage goal in the 3rd . Pull the goalie , immediately let in an empty net goal . Then Tatar scored a pointless garbage goal and “ earns” himself a spot in the top 6 for the next game ….

So plausible it's depressing

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
My prediction :
This is legit a recap of numerous games over the last couple of years.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It really doesn't make sense to have Bratt and Hughes on the same line

Looks like his Fleer Ultra trading card. :thumbu: I had to look this up to find out exactly HOW he warranted a Devils trading card. I found two from that season. The Fleer Ultra and Metal Universe. :oops:

View attachment 595482

View attachment 595481
Nice...I don't think I have seen those. That was near time I stopped collecting cards. Although I do have a ton of Beckett's from then. I don't have a like button again or I would've like this :)

Reactions: Patrik26

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm still confused as to why that they haven't put the Palat-Hughes-Holtz line back together after running with that for most of the preseason, and seeing pretty good results.
My opinion: They think Holtz is too much of a liability and Holtz and Hughes along with Sharangovich is a death wish defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00