Post-Game Talk: Ducks def. Canucks - 7-4 (Pearson, Pettersson, Garland, Hughes)

Would you rather fight 1 whale or 1000 ducks?

• Total voters

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Tanner fuxxing Perason has 16 5v5 pts

Horvat 13 Boeser 11 with more ice time

and the funny part is early in the year Pearson was covering defensively for Horvat all the time while he tried to cheat up ice. TP quite frankly has been much better defensively also and has gone to the net and at least given a solid effort for his lacking wheels in puck battles.

Chew on that haters

It's friggen sad
Boeser has been getting a lot of shit for his play already and Bo as well recently. So if you are complaining about us not complaining about Bo and Boeser enough, I don’t know what to say to you.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Horvat speaks a lot about accountability and being better but when the going gets tough, it’s never Bo that shows up.

He's just not that good.

And it's almost hard to believe, but he'll be 27 in a few months. Pretty much reaching the end of his prime years. It's a shame.

Reactions: geebaan

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Yet everyone complains about Pearson and his contract:naughty:

Pearson is the least of our problems
i've been saying this for years. the top end of our roster outside the bubble has been average to poor and then most upsetting given their ages and the fact they shit the bed and had a long off season to improve they all got fat lazy soft and turned into a bunch of perimeter prima donnas who didn't want to break a nail.

Another wasted year

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rutherford is coming in with something of a 'blank slate'.....other than Hughes, Pettersson, Demko and maybe young guys like Podkolzin and Hoglander, there are no sacred cows on this roster. That basically means that anyone else on this team could be dealt if the deal improves the hockey club long term.

And that list of trade chips could well include the likes of Garland, Boeser and Horvat....they aren't 'untouchable' and nor should they be. I could easily see one or two of them, maybe even all three, included in some sort of blockbuster trades. Both Boeser and Horvat will need new contracts, and based on the way they're currently producing, the Canucks can't afford them if the mandate is also to open up more cap room.

Clear the decks....it's over to 'Trader Jim'.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
I’m not confident that Pettersson is the right guy to build around, points aren’t everything. I want a cup and I don’t see Pettersson as a player that can drive the team to a cup. I know this isn’t a popular opinion but I believe we need a blow up and rebuild the team. Benning put together a horrible mix of players here and I don’t think it’s salvageable.

Who says you have to build around just him?
He could be like Nylander and part of a core

You dont build around 1 player

Reactions: Tomatoes11

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Tanner fuxxing Perason has 16 5v5 pts

Horvat 13 Boeser 11 with more ice time

and the funny part is early in the year Pearson was covering defensively for Horvat all the time while he tried to cheat up ice. TP quite frankly has been much better defensively also and has gone to the net and at least given a solid effort for his lacking wheels in puck battles.

It's friggen sad

The team looked better when Motte was filling in for Horvat.. He's a total fraud

Reactions: B-rock

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
If that isn't a sign this isn't a playoff team, I'm not entirely sure what is. That was one of the worse performances I've seen this year. They looked like they had lead in their skates.

Reactions: David71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad