Post-Game Talk: Ducks def. Canucks - 7-4 (Pearson, Pettersson, Garland, Hughes)

Would you rather fight 1 whale or 1000 ducks?

• Total voters

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Whale > Duck AINEC

If we win this game we’re only 1 point behind the mallards with a game in hand.

I’d like to see a lines shakeup before this game. I think Petey needs to be with Garland. Garland is being underutilized currently and Petey should play with a more skilled, 5 on 5 beast like Garland. I propose:

Pearson-Miller-Brock Boeser
Podkolzin-Pettersson-Garland
Dickinson-Horvat-Hoglander
Motte-Lamikko-Highmore

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Two 'winnable' games coming up against the Ducks and the Kraken......Canucks need both wins, in regulation.

Still a chance. Ducks and Kings looked to be faltering after playing well above their pay grades for half the season. And Dallas isn't exactly a juggernaut either.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
If I’m fighting the whale in deep water and the whale actually wants to fight me then I’ll take my chances with the duck army

Reactions: Ginger Papa

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Chance of landing in prison aside, a full grown whale is going to be worth more than 1000 ducks. Even if you don't eat the meat, you can burn the midnight oil.
So what youre saying is the money I would aquire from the dead whale I could potentially buy the meat of say 2000 ducks....

If true this changes everything

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
So what youre saying is the money I would aquire from the dead whale I could potentially buy the meat of say 2000 ducks....

If true this changes everything

Oh for sure. If you can legally find a way to sell the whale (before it decomposes or pecked on) it's worth good money. Better yet, if you find a big piece of sperm whale "vomit" you've struck gold!

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
emtd32q98hi81.jpg

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Anyone picking whale needs to watch the video I saw of a captive orca, who just decided one day after years of working with the same trainer, decided to toy with him by dragging him to the bottom of the pool holding him there, letting him up just long enough to grab some air, then back down again, repeat, until the trainer managed to escape.

If the trainer wasn't a certified diver and knew how to control his breathing he'd be dead.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Anyone picking whale needs to watch the video I saw of a captive orca, who just decided one day after years of working with the same trainer, decided to toy with him by dragging him to the bottom of the pool holding him there, letting him up just long enough to grab some air, then back down again, repeat, until the trainer managed to escape.

If the trainer wasn't a certified diver and knew how to control his breathing he'd be dead.

But it doesn’t say Orca, just whale!

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same video, but that's kind of your own interpretation is it not (the toying part)? I came across an article where the trainer was trying to calm the whale and grasping for air before being dragged down again. I'm not sure we can infer this kind of evil intent based on the video? The other way to think about it is that if you were working with a trainer who feeds you but you are kept in captivity and forced to do stunts on the trainer's command, is that trainer really your friend? Are you less likely to lash out at the trainer the longer he keeps you in captivity?

Anyhow, I suppose if you're going die either way, it MIGHT hurt less to die fighting the whale? Pecked to death by 1000 ducks with eyes and other parts gauged out seems like an awful way to die.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Whale > Duck AINEC

I’d like to see a lines shakeup before this game. I think Petey needs to be with Garland. Garland is being underutilized currently and Petey should play with a more skilled, 5 on 5 beast like Garland. I propose:

Motte-Lamikko-Highmore

Switch Motte with Dick.

Or, if like me you like to make lines based mostly on nickname potential, switch Dick with Highmore and go with the Triple H line. The Line of Lines.

But seriously, move Dick down.

Whitebear

Nov 19, 2008
Fishin the Skeena
Whale > Duck AINEC

Motte-Lamikko-Highmore

Time to turn this into a three line team
Garland - Miller - Boeser
Podkolzin - Pettersson - Horvat (Horvat takes draws)
Motte - Lamikko - Highmore
Pearson - Dickinson - Hoglander

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland