Confirmed with Link: Ducks bring defenseman Francois Beauchemin back for third stint

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/08/2...man-francois-beauchemin-back-for-third-stint/

$1,000,000 1 year deal, $500,000 in performance incentives. Very reasonable.

My wife is soooo happy, lol. Loves the guy.

Curious what this means...did GMBM get some word that Lindholm's and/or Vatman's injuries are progressing slowly? Does he still plan to shop Vatman? Or is he not confident enough in our young kids (the AHLers) to fill the gap while our vets are healing? Combination of all the above?

In any case, Beauch didn't have a bad season, considering...

http://www.espn.com/nhl/player/_/id/1578

Over 20 TOI average, healthy (81 of 82 GP), and for defensemen that played most of the season, his +/- was the best.

Thoughts?

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I love Beauch. But we don't need him.

Maybe they think he'll be good for the young guys? Maybe there's and unknown injury. Or maybe Beauch and Bobbo just have a good relationship and he wanted to come home.

Maybe he can retire a Duck.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
So now they have Beauchemin and his replacement Bieksa. That's funny.

I can't say I watched him play in Colorado so I don't know his current level of play. Some say he's bad but maybe he can be serviceable on the bottom pairing, on PK and in the locker room. Maybe his old team and Carlyle can bring the best out of him, but hopefully he's not overplayed.

And this does raise the question, if Murray has a possible trade in my concerning Bieksa but that's likely just dreaming. Doesn't hurt having extra depth, especially with the injuries starting the season and the possibility that someone like Montour doesn't bring it and is sent down.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
We're not hurting for depth and his last season was rough for the avs so I'm a bit surprised by the signing, but man I'm so pumped he's back. Favourite Ducks' defenseman ever.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Reading WAY too into this, but it was strange that per ES he was going to retire after the buyout until the Ducks called.

Perhaps a favor to BM to play until Hampus/Vatanen comes back and then agree to an unconditional buyout like Bryz?

I like Beauch, glad he's back, hope he can be good in a 6/7 Depth position, and maybe not playing every night might help.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Glad he is back...but the justification for bringing him back is pretty infuriating given the rationale for letting him walk a few seasons ago. This guy should have played every NHL game since Columbus in a Ducks sweater.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm not really comfortable taking it off Perry to give it to a player signed for one year.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Keep his minutes low and he's awesome in the room. Love it, glad he's back.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm not really comfortable taking it off Perry to give it to a player signed for one year.

I'd be happier with it on Wild Wing than on Perry. He's been disgraceful in his on-ice behavior wearing it. Beauchemin or Cogliano are far better choices IMO. Bieksa is a better choice IMO - he at least plays like he cares.

I can remember when captains were more than just the most skilled guys on the team.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'd be happier with it on Wild Wing than on Perry. He's been disgraceful in his on-ice behavior wearing it. Beauchemin or Cogliano are far better choices IMO. Bieksa is a better choice IMO - he at least plays like he cares.

I can remember when captains were more than just the most skilled guys on the team.

I'm not happy with it on Perry. It's just that if we're going to take it off him, I'd prefer to give it to a player who will wear it longer term.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I'm not happy with it on Perry. It's just that if we're going to take it off him, I'd prefer to give it to a player who will wear it longer term.

Fair enough. I'd use it as either a wake up call and/or a mental break from the pressure to help him find his game. If he does, he can have it back next year. If not, then maybe Fowler is ready.

Last edited:

PhoenyX

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Love Frankie, happy he is back. I just hope that nobody in the organization thinks he is still a top 4 guy.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Fair enough. I'd use it as either a wake up call and/or a mental break from the prairie to help him find his game. If he does, he can have it back next year. If not, then maybe Fowler is ready.

Yeah, that's fair. He needs a kick in the ass.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Beauch was an absolute dumpster fire last season but might bounce back with competent coaching and more judicious ice time/deployments

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He didn`t seem to be a best fit now but really can`t complain, love Beauch. We are a bit short on left side too.

Beauchemin-Montour ?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
As I said in the other thread we have nobody with any real NHL on the left side after Cam and Hampus. Beauchemin can come in and provide some depth there.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
With Bieksa and Kesler, now Beauchemin and also Perry and Getzlaf aging, I imagine half of the locker room meetings will be just gruntling :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad