Post-Game Talk: Ducks at Rangers - February 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
:laugh:

I'd vote for Hank, Girardi and Miller, but I really don't vote in these polls. Just so glad to see how well Miller is playing. Been our best player this season, and HF doesn't even notice it. I put up a Miller vs. Trocheck poll the other day, and Trocheck got 73% of the vote. :help:

I saw that poll of yours and was shocked at the results. Well I shouldn't say shocked because Trocheck is the "sexier" player. But if anyone has seen JT play this year, they would know he's been way better and more consistant than Trocheck has been...not even a question about it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'd move Hayes to get a cost controlled stud young defenseman.

It would suck to see him go but I agree if it can be done one for one without adding a pick fine. Just make sure guy coming back is close to a can't miss

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'd move Hayes to get a cost controlled stud young defenseman.

Honestly the only forwards I wouldn't move for one right now are Kreider, Miller, Buchnevich and Zibanejad.

Obviously some guys aren't going to go anywhere (Stepan, Vesey) but those the the 4 I'd consider off limits in all realistic proposals.

Zucc should be dangled for that D though, as I think hes the only guy management may be willing to deal who can return one.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Team wins 4-1 and is getting crapped on. D never gets credit when they're good. G never gets credit for a dang thing. The corsi stunk, the d sucks, the d sucks, the d sucks.....good God.

PS- If some on here are behind dealing 40 for futures then you might as well stop watching the min they were to deal him.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Well, people are free to enjoy watching whatever they want, but I'm genuinely shocked that someone wouldn't enjoy watching this current Rangers team. They're one of the most fun I remember.
On the defensive side, I'm certainly not happy in terms of how they'll succeed (or more likely, fail), but from a pure entertainment standpoint, I'd much rather watch Girardi flailing on the ice and Hank making a big save, than a total lockdown.
And on the offensive side? This team scores tons of goals, and they're pretty goals, which I'm just thrilled about

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Team wins 4-1 and is getting crapped on. D never gets credit when they're good. G never gets credit for a dang thing. The corsi stunk, the d sucks, the d sucks, the d sucks.....good God.

PS- If some on here are behind dealing 40 for futures then you might as well stop watching the min they were to deal him.

That's like saying the Sahara Dessert never gets credit when it rains.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I had more fun watching the Islanders last night than I have watching the Rangers since probably game 7 against Washington.

This team just isn't fun at all.

Meh, they're not perfect, but aren't they what we all expected them to be?

Bad defense, but good offense that scores a lot of goals.

I'm right there with you being frustrated though. At least Hank is playing well and the offense is scoring.

I'd like AV to switch up Vesey and Buch. Let Vesey muck it up with Lindberg and Fast and give Buchnevich a real extended stay in the top 9. Seems like he's barely gotten any top 9 time consistently all season.

I'm still crossing my fingers that Gorton can pull out a savvy move or two in the next month to bring in a D without sacrificing major assets.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Dad stop arguing with mom

I know youre making a joke, but Gardner is so spot on, its not even funny. Same ole', same ole'. There is literally NOTHING anyone can say about what our deficiencies are. We ALL know what they are. Still, even still these "deficiencies" are still busting their ass trying the best they can.

We all want to discard them, like they are hockey cards. They are PEOPLE, HUMANS AND FATHERS. My fandom takes me to thinking "get rid of him/them"
but then I realize they earned that stature. Lets just hope it ends "classy".

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well, people are free to enjoy watching whatever they want, but I'm genuinely shocked that someone wouldn't enjoy watching this current Rangers team. They're one of the most fun I remember.
On the defensive side, I'm certainly not happy in terms of how they'll succeed (or more likely, fail), but from a pure entertainment standpoint, I'd much rather watch Girardi flailing on the ice and Hank making a big save, than a total lockdown.
And on the offensive side? This team scores tons of goals, and they're pretty goals, which I'm just thrilled about

To me, scoring chances and offensive generation are fun.

Random goals after doing nothing for 10 minutes are not.

It's the same reason why making the nets bigger won't make the game more fun.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
That's like saying the Sahara Dessert never gets credit when it rains.

The Ducks fired shots from everywhere tonight. The d tonight made good plays in from within 20ft. Boxed guys out and even Henrik said they basically finally executed keeping bodies away and tying up sticks. Henrik was real good too.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Ducks fired shots from everywhere tonight. The d tonight made good plays in from within 20ft. Boxed guys out and even Henrik said they basically finally executed keeping bodies away and tying up sticks. Henrik was real good too.

When you're firing from everywhere, it means you have the puck.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY

I'm right there with you being frustrated though. At least Hank is playing well and the offense is scoring.

I'd like AV to switch up Vesey and Buch. Let Vesey muck it up with Lindberg and Fast and give Buchnevich a real extended stay in the top 9. Seems like he's barely gotten any top 9 time consistently all season.

I'm still crossing my fingers that Gorton can pull out a savvy move or two in the next month to bring in a D without sacrificing major assets.

Buchnevich has as many points as Vesey and is playing fourth line. Pretty mental from AV. Really don't get the reasoning. Buchnevich does not belong skating 9 mins with the fourth line.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
yeah the win is nice, but on the whole this team has been hard to watch for the past two months. the last ten games or so in particular have just been a chore to get through.

such a far cry from the beginning of the season when this team was just electric.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm envisioning Grabner crushing a sixer of Miller High Lifes before hitting the ice on game day.

He's gotta slow himself down somehow. If my calculations are correct, when Grabdaddy hits 88mph, you're gonna see some serious ****.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Something that should be talked about, Rangers probably going to regret bridging Miller/Hayes.

I maintained, and still maintain the opinion that they should have tried to sign one of them long term.

But what you gonna do

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

The very people who have been complaining all season are the very ones who had "no expectations". So either this team is flawless and they are complaining for no reason (not the case) or, like the rest of us, they secretly hope that the Rangers can still somehow win the cup. That would explain the constant frustration with a team that had such low expectations to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad