Post-Game Talk: Ducks at Rangers - February 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Credit where credit is due Lundqvist was great. I hate being dominated in shots, though there are games when we allow 10 or more fewer shots than that but better chances. They just shoot from everywhere. Must be something in the water in SoCal.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Some of you guys have some ****ed up priorities. I am all for acknowledging the teams weakness but to wish and hope for YOUR team to lose just to prove a point is ****ed up.

Hank, Miller, Girardi are my stars.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Weird game. We wouldn't get the puck, which screams bad D, but we did a pretty good job of limiting really dangerous chances. Forwards continue to create some glorious chances

My 3 stars:
1. Hank
2. Grabner
3. Miller

Auf - regarding your last comment in the GDT, yeah it is a 2-way street, and I guess there is a risk that this place could become a "safe space" (hate that term and the way it is used). But in my decade+ of coming here I can't think of a time where 'negative' opinions weren't welcome, it's just that the same people posting the same stuff over and over can get tiring. I don't think anyone wants to stifle debate, the issues come when the debate stops and it just becomes "I'm right because I'm right" - insert smartarse picture. And yes that applies equally to all 'sides'

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Lundqvist making you believe in him again.

Miller is blossoming into a fantastic player.

Grabs is something else.

I know we were badly outplayed, but the boys hung in there, did a good job limiting second chances, and even showed a bit of toughness.

This teams resilience is something else.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Some of you guys have some ****ed up priorities. I am all for acknowledging the teams weakness but to wish and hope for YOUR team to lose because just to prove a point is ****ed up.

So messed up. Must be some ****ed up psychology behind that .

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
This is a two-way street. Place is becoming a safe-space from analysis because people are concerned with how much other people are enjoying the game. Great.

This is absolutely laughable, if you turn around and say oh you know the Rangers look good tonight, you get slammed for it. If you don't cite four different statistics when complaining or praising a player clearly you are unintelligent because you must've used the eye test. The only thing I ever read on these boards any more are complaining about Girardi and Lundqvist but yea sure safe spaces :laugh:.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Went with JT, Lindberg and Skeji. Jeez, once again there were so many stars. Yeah, i know.....Hank deserves one.......JT was obvious, but loved OSCAR and Skeji game. Fast was awesome, Grabs......always, Nasher, on and on.....oh yeah Hayes too!.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because we all know it would kill you to vote for Hank after he put up 44 saves :laugh:

:laugh:

I'd vote for Hank, Girardi and Miller, but I really don't vote in these polls. Just so glad to see how well Miller is playing. Been our best player this season, and HF doesn't even notice it. I put up a Miller vs. Trocheck poll the other day, and Trocheck got 73% of the vote. :help:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I mean, the book on Henrik right now is to shoot from everywhere and hope to retire him.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
3- miller
2- grabber
1- hank
Miller is turning into a fantastic playmaker, grabner has just been fantastic all year( even though his sh% is not sustainable. Just enjoy the ride). Hank has seemingly found his game again after a rough first game out of the all star break.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Went with JT, Lindberg and Skeji. Jeez, once again there were so many stars. Yeah, i know.....Hank deserves one.......JT was obvious, but loved OSCAR and Skeji game. Fast was awesome, Grabs......always, Nasher, on and on.....oh yeah Hayes too!.

:laugh: :cheers:

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Miller, Grabs, Lundqvist. Don't be fooled. Some of those Ducks shots were just outside flings. Numbers make it look bad. Thought some played well. I will say it and stand by it. DAN G HAD A GOOD GAME. I know some will find it hard to admit that but he was clearly good tonight. Still prefer Buchnevich over Vesey on the second line. Good game Henrik too, he was real good.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Eh, G's skeleton is made of adamantium at this point. He probably doesn't even realize his ankle is gashed.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Some of you guys have some ****ed up priorities. I am all for acknowledging the teams weakness but to wish and hope for YOUR team to lose just to prove a point is ****ed up.

So messed up. Must be some ****ed up psychology behind that .

Criticizing coaching and management's continued oversight of flaws preventing Cup contention = Rooting for the team to lose

Uh... what? And you have Girardi as one of your three stars. Fascinating.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
AV gets his 600th win in a way that is completely representative of this entire coaching career. On the back of his dominant goaltender.

He will likely follow up with a press conference in typical fashion giving little credit to said goalie.

Either way, congrats AV.

Hank was a beast. Vintage.

Grabner continues to bury. Miller looks awesome.

Good job by the refs calling delay of game when the puck hit the glass and not calling a blatant boarding call. Kudos.

Props to Micheletti for his analysis of JT Miller: "he comes to the rink every day. Games, practices, he passes, he shoots, he works hard." Just amazing stuff right there.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
3- miller
2- grabber
1- hank
Miller is turning into a fantastic playmaker, grabner has just been fantastic all year( even though his sh% is not sustainable. Just enjoy the ride). Hank has seemingly found his game again after a rough first game out of the all star break.
You're happy they won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad