Post-Game Talk: Ducks at Rangers - February 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Because we all know it would kill you to vote for Hank after he put up 44 saves :laugh:

I actually went back and tried to vote for Hank and Girardi as well. Didn't work. You can't press the vote button more than once, so you have to vote for three at once.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This is a two-way street. Place is becoming a safe-space from analysis because people are concerned with how much other people are enjoying the game. Great.

It has nothing to do with "safe spaces". There is critique and then there is exhorbant whining about things that the rest of us already know. Does the defense suck? Yep. Does AV make questionable coaching decisions? Yep. Is Girardi the worst player in the NHL? Debatable but if not he's close.

Win or lose, the same people do the same things over and over. Rangers win 7-1? All we hear is Girardi sucks. Defense bad.

Every part of this board gets sucked into the same mantra over and over. There isn't a place to escape it. Not in the GDT, PGT, the roster building thread, player analysis thread, etc.

You would think we are the ****ing Avalanche or Islanders right now.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
This is absolutely laughable, if you turn around and say oh you know the Rangers look good tonight, you get slammed for it. If you don't cite four different statistics when complaining or praising a player clearly you are unintelligent because you must've used the eye test. The only thing I ever read on these boards any more are complaining about Girardi and Lundqvist but yea sure safe spaces :laugh:.

This is complete ******** woltrumbo and you know it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Criticizing coaching and management's continued oversight of flaws preventing Cup contention = Rooting for the team to lose

Uh... what? And you have Girardi as one of your three stars. Fascinating.

What do you want Gorton to do? Yes av isn't perfect and has flaws but so do 99 percent of the coaches in the NHL. He proved he can take a team to the finals (and with a little more timely scoring probably could have won it).

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Criticizing coaching and management's continued oversight of flaws preventing Cup contention = Rooting for the team to lose

I just find it amazing how Dan Girardi cannot do a single friggin thing that will get acknowledged by anybody on here. Pretty messed up. The guy was good tonight.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It has nothing to do with "safe spaces". There is critique and then there is exhorbant whining about things that the rest of us already know. Does the defense suck? Yep. Does AV make questionable coaching decisions? Yep. Is Girardi the worst player in the NHL? Debatable but if not he's close.

Win or lose, the same people do the same things over and over. Rangers win 7-1? All we hear is Girardi sucks. Defense bad.

Every part of this board gets sucked into the same mantra over and over. There isn't a place to escape it. Not in the GDT, PGT, the roster building thread, player analysis thread, etc.

Dad stop arguing with mom

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
What do you want Gorton to do? Yes av isn't perfect and has flaws but so do 99 percent of the coaches in the NHL. He proved he can take a team to the finals (and with a little more timely scoring probably could have won it).

All coaches have flaws

Some have more than others

Some have much more pronounced ones than others

This retort is so tired.

Luther*

May 3, 2016
Holy ****...haha

That ankle tho.

Players appreciate their own players giving a 100% effort,not the fans,players 0pinion of their own teammates are all that matters,not opinions of a bunch of critics that have ,can't say it will be disciplined

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Miller is turning into a great hockey player before our very eyes.

Tell me about it! Wow, thrilled that I was patient not to trade him (lol) nor did I EVER want him to be. AV really has done a masterful job in motivating and TEACHING HIM how to be a pro and how consistency........is what it takes to be a GREAT PLAYER.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

The GDT should be avoided at all costs, as should particular posters in general. The part I enjoy most about being a "regular poster" now is that I can ignore the stuff I don't care to read. Otherwise, the constant negativity from the same few posters would really ruin the enjoyment of posting here. It's why I went from posting 10-20 times per day to 3-4.

Ah well. This will always be the place to come for news, and I have my prospects thread. That's all I need. :laugh:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Yup! It's gets very tiresome and having a cordial debate is nearly impossible

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Players appreciate their own players giving a 100% effort,not the fans,players 0pinion of their own teammates are all that matters,not opinions of a bunch of critics that have ,can't say it will be disciplined

Great, I hope you don't complain when lockeroom warriors like Glass and Rupp lace em up.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

There was at least 1 poster hoping the team would lose tonight. My post was aimed at him.

My stance on Girardi is well known (want him gone yesterday) but i am man enough to give credit where credit is due.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The GDT should be avoided at all costs, as should particular posters in general. The part I enjoy most about being a "regular poster" now is that I can ignore the stuff I don't care to read. Otherwise, the constant negativity from the same few posters would really ruin the enjoyment of posting here. It's why I went from posting 10-20 times per day to 3-4.

Ah well. This will always be the place to come for news, and I have my prospects thread. That's all I need. :laugh:

I'm quickly following your trend

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Perfect example of a team that needs defense vs a team that needs offense.. Get on the phone Gorton.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I had more fun watching the Islanders last night than I have watching the Rangers since probably game 7 against Washington.

This team just isn't fun at all.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Say what you will about Hayes and Miller but the two gets 3 chances each game. Hayes had a few real good looks and set up a few more. Miller was great himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad