Post-Game Talk: Ducks at Rangers - February 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
yeah the win is nice, but on the whole this team has been hard to watch for the past two months. the last ten games or so in particular have just been a chore to get through.

such a far cry from the beginning of the season when this team was just electric.

Yeah that was fun.

They were taking shots and getting chances, not just scoring on every other shot.

Where is this team going to run when Grabner stops shooting a googol percent?

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
yeah the win is nice, but on the whole this team has been hard to watch for the past two months. the last ten games or so in particular have just been a chore to get through.

such a far cry from the beginning of the season when this team was just electric.

You're not enjoying the likes of miller, kreider, buch, and even hayes, skjei, vesey, Zibby develop and become part of a team that makes the playoffs year after year after year after year? A team that will be 8-2 in their last 10 If they win their next two (winnable games).
I understand they can be better in facets of the game but its a chore to watch this team?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Henrik was fantastic tonight. Grabner and Miller outstanding. Hopefully we don't lose Grabner or Holden in the expansion draft. Those two have been huge for the Rangers this year and the way Miller and Grabner are clicking--Michael could hit for 40 this year. We need to find a way to keep this guy--all those even strength goals---the improved PK--he's taken on Carl Hagelin's job and has been even better than Hags.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Just saw the girardi picture....holy **** the fact that he got up after taking that shot and just skated away, absurd.

people don't call him terminator for no reason.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
To me, scoring chances and offensive generation are fun.

Random goals after doing nothing for 10 minutes are not.

It's the same reason why making the nets bigger won't make the game more fun.

Well, I assume the number was better earlier in the season, and is worse now, but they're 4th in the league in SCF/60

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Buchnevich has as many points as Vesey and is playing fourth line. Pretty mental from AV. Really don't get the reasoning. Buchnevich does not belong skating 9 mins with the fourth line.

Especially because Vesey could fit better on the 4th line and just grinding it out. Buch would fit better in the top 9 being the Zuccarello like player on his line. It really makes no sense to have Buch on the 4th and Vesey on the 2nd.

Yeah, it seems like they settled back into their play style of last season. A lot of lob passes and then in the Ozone passing up chances to shoot and over passing.

Early in the season, the forwards were coming down low and supporting the D more and they moved up the ice as a unit with speed and entering the offensive zone with possession. It was great. When they started to rack up the injuries and the team was struggling as a result, they abandoned that style and reverted back to last season's style of the endless chips and lobs and dump ins.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Hank
Hank
Hank
Mill...I mean Hank
Everything and everyone in existence besides the Ranger's defense
The Ranger's defense

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Unfortunately, I don't think they are. Especially not after McAvoy's WJC performance, I'm pretty sure they view him as their franchise D moving forward.

Sure would be nice though.

He's going nowhere. Unless something crazy happens that kid is gonna be a tremendous dman

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I saw that poll of yours and was shocked at the results. Well I shouldn't say shocked because Trocheck is the "sexier" player. But if anyone has seen JT play this year, they would know he's been way better and more consistant than Trocheck has been...not even a question about it.

I would've been fine, if it was 50/50. 73% in Trochek's favor doesn't make sense.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Buchnevich has as many points as Vesey and is playing fourth line. Pretty mental from AV. Really don't get the reasoning. Buchnevich does not belong skating 9 mins with the fourth line.

AV lreferenced Vesey's garbage goal the other game as his reasoning. I was thinking that would probably be his reasoning, but I was definitely exaggerating thinking that he'd actually give that reasoning, yet he did. :help:

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
They're 14th, not 4th.

Unless I've gone crazy, I'm seeing us in 4th on Corsica

bZyNXJw.png

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Something that should be talked about, Rangers probably going to regret bridging Miller/Hayes.

I maintained, and still maintain the opinion that they should have tried to sign one of them long term.

But what you gonna do

They should've signed Miller long-term.

You had to give a bridge deal to Hayes. Questions about his compete level, his work ethic, terrible second season after a very good rookie season. That was too risky.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
JT Miller has to be the Ranger's next captain.
our next 1C pls

Miller is something else wow.

Thank you Hank.

Congrats AV, as stupid as you can be sometimes, I still think you're a good coach.

Hank was awesome, Grabner is insane, Miller was great...

Terrible defensive effort.

Man ck is a beast but jt seems to show up every game. Happy these two American power forwards are developing homegrown style

Miller is turning into a great hockey player before our very eyes.

3- miller
2- grabber
1- hank
Miller is turning into a fantastic playmaker, grabner has just been fantastic all year( even though his sh% is not sustainable. Just enjoy the ride). Hank has seemingly found his game again after a rough first game out of the all star break.

I was really wrong about JT, and boy am I happy about that

went w/these 3 also, several deserve honorable mention.

I am especially pleased that Zuc had a good game when our Ana counterparts largely poo-pooed idea of Zuc for Vats, seemingly discriminating based on his size

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
our next 1C pls

went w/these 3 also, several deserve honorable mention.

I am especially pleased that Zuc had a good game when our Ana counterparts largely poo-pooed idea of Zuc for Vats, seemingly discriminating based on his size

I would Imagine Anaheim would def do a vats for zucc. He would help get their offense going which at this rate may drop them out of the playoffs crazy as that sounds . They would have to add :D

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'd move Hayes to get a cost controlled stud young defenseman.

By now it should be clear that JT has joined Kreider as hands off barring the most massive overpayment.

Hayes will join that list soon enough
And he has size, which you can't teach.

you know who should be moved for a stud D... and it is not Hayes or the youngest core

it must be a more senior vet

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This board is painful to read sometimes. I missed the game came to see what happened. You'd think we got smoked reading the last couple pages. 4-1 against a good team and hank played well? Sign me up for that all day long.

This team is one of the best in the league and most of this board would take Ottawa over us in a 7 game series. A joke watch the other teams in the conference play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad