Friedman: Ducks are now preparing to trade Lindholm after failed talks

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Lindholm has been the piece that I have wanted from the outset of the season. The rumored price is little too rich for my blood unless we are able to speak to his agent and find mutual interest on an extension here in St. Louis.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would as well, I like Knies a lot....

I'm sure the Leafs do as well. Dubas is in a tough spot. Do nothing and he wastes another prime/core year. Do something and he guts his futures pool even more. Dammed if he does and Dammed if he don't

I think the Blues or Bruins will land Lindholm. Leafs will try to get Giordano for cheaper. My bet is the Bruins land Lindholm.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm has been the piece that I have wanted from the outset of the season. The rumored price is little too rich for my blood unless we are able to speak to his agent and find mutual interest on an extension here in St. Louis.
Well supposedly that is allowed… so as long as lindholm would resign in St. Louis that would be in the table

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I wonder if ANA is not going to get a small discount to Eastern Teams. My guess is they'd like to contend sooner than later, they have a good young core and I don't think even in 3 years you want Lindholm in your division.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agreed. I am really hoping for a stone return with a blue chip prospect going back.

Lindholm is that good. He has been skating with a 19 yo rookie who is starting to come along but is struggling like any rookie would. Put him with a compliment vet D , he is going to be amazing.

I am upset to lose him but have to look at the future. His age is an issue for the Ducks. The young core is so young and with so many good prospects yet to even set foot into the NHL, lindholm will be at the end of his prime when those guys mature.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Seems like the perfect fit for Boston if they can find a way to fit him long term

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
1st + Lohrei + Steen
1st + Knies + 3rd
1st + Neighbors + 3rd

And then Anaheim can also take on a short term veteran D if necessary for cap and roster reasons - Holl, Scandella, maybe Forbort although the extra term is annoying.

Reactions: 405Entrance

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If he was a RHD I’d love my Devils to toss a huge offer on him. It woild be tricky though as contenders will want him now and try to extend him , while Devils would be pointless to pay the rental premium, but would have to hope he makes it to UFA (doubtful he doesn’t get extended if a team gives up a lot to get him now)

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
1st + Lohrei + Steen
1st + Knies + 3rd
1st + Neighbors + 3rd

And then Anaheim can also take on a short term veteran D if necessary for cap and roster reasons - Holl, Scandella, maybe Forbort although the extra term is annoying.
I’m sorry , I don’t know my players well enough. What team is the Lohrei + Steen offer ? Knies- Leafs , Jake - Blues but Lohrei?

Ledge And Dairy

I know people will roll their eyes at this but Des is not just a throw in. He is the only physical presence left on the Ducks.

I feel like his value to the Ducks is much higher then a team trading for him. I hope the Ducks extend him.
He's been in trade rumors though and is definitely a guy who contenders are going to look to add. Im not calling him a throw-in by any means, I think if you are getting 3 1st in value there needs to be more than just Lindholm and Des would be a good addition for the Blues 4th line

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Well supposedly that is allowed… so as long as lindholm would resign in St. Louis that would be in the table

In that case I would be comfortable paying that price. The way I look at the Blues right now is that we have 2-4 more seasons with our current core before we are going to have to look to rebuild around our next core (Thomas, Kyrou). Lindholm fits right in the age range with that main core. With an extension discussed I would happily deal

Bolduc/Neighbours
2022 1st
2023 3rd
Scandella (for cap reasons)
+ a sweetener for taking on Scandella and retention on Lindholm this year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In that case I would be comfortable paying that price. The way I look at the Blues right now is that we have 2-4 more seasons with our current core before we are going to have to look to rebuild around our next core (Thomas, Kyrou). Lindholm fits right in the age range with that main core. With an extension discussed I would happily deal

Bolduc/Neighbours
2022 1st
2023 3rd
Scandella (for cap reasons)
+ a sweetener for taking on Scandella and retention on Lindholm this year.
Sounds basically perfect to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad