Friedman: Ducks are now preparing to trade Lindholm after failed talks

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I’d love to have him on Detroit, but I get the feeling the cost would be way more than we’d give, when we can just take a swing in July.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lindholm (50%)+ stolarz
For
Robertson, Dermott, Mrazek, 22 1st, 23 1st, villenueve

Anaheim can then retain on mrazek and send him somewhere in offseason to make room for dostal

Personally, I would get their 1st and Knies in that package. Especially if you are being asked to take on the worse back-up goalie contract in the NHL. $3.8M for two more years? Ouch

I think they will be open to trading Dermott but not Roberston. They need the value contract in Roberston IMO. I'd look at Dermott and Mrazek as the NHL players and for cap reasons and then focus on the 1st and Knies and go from there.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hampus is going to age like fine wine, he is way too smart of a defensive player not to. He also keeps himself in great shape if your team ends up trading for him follow him on instagram in the off season, he does some wild workouts. He is underrated for his physically while he wont' fight or throw huge hits, he wins so much puck battles from being physical and clears the front of the crease out better than anyone on the Ducks including Manson imo. He completely tilts the ice, and is an elite shutdown defensemen. Don't let this years numbers fool you, he's paired with 19 year old Drysdale since game 1 who is way in over his head in the defensive zone... Just check out this stat... Lindholm is -1 and Drysdale is -19 and they have literally played almost every single full game together this season......

I'm pretty bummed the Ducks didn't re-sign him but I'll always root for him, he never complains and is all you want in a player.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I could see a big deal where Lindholm (50%) and Deslauriers go to St. Louis for Perunovich 1st and Scandella (cap reasons) as a base. Blues still add but not sure how much. As much as Bolduc? Kostin? a 2nd?

Perunovich is talented but he isn't really a fit for the Ducks. They already have Drysdale (plus Zellweger in the system) and Verbeek has specifically said he wants more size and muscle on the back end.

Start with Neighbors and go from there.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
if he was a righty, as a Leafs fan I would be all over this. Remember all the debates over the years of Rielly vs Lindholm lol. Would be ironic if they end up playing together lol
We’d see how much the leafs forward impact his offense. Leafs would be pretty stacked on the back end what would it look like
Rielly Brodie
Lindholm liljegren
Sandin muzzin?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Personally, I would get their 1st and Knies in that package. Especially if you are being asked to take on the worse back-up goalie contract in the NHL. $3.8M for two more years? Ouch

I think they will be open to trading Dermott but not Roberston. They need the value contract in Roberston IMO. I'd look at Dermott and Mrazek as the NHL players and for cap reasons and then focus on the 1st and Knies and go from there.
I went robertson cause he can play next year in nhl… but I like knies also

Reactions: Habs Halifax

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Sad day for Ducks fans. Not to invite another Lindholm/Fowler debate but I personally believe Hampus is the best D this organization has ever drafted and developed. The timing is a bit unfortunate because he's one of the very best (if not the best as of now) player on a team that was starting to improve, so now this feels like a massive step back.

Though I understand how it got to this and why paying Lindholm huge money on a long term deal makes more sense for a win now team. The current impact outweighs the long term risk so much more for those teams than the Ducks.

I'm glad Verbeek is doing the right thing and allowing teams to talk extension. Even if he doesn't agree to anything, just having comfort in knowing the parameters may make teams more comfortable to pay a premium price. Hopefully he goes to a team that isn't too difficult to root for in the playoffs.
I agree with you

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I went robertson cause he can play next year in nhl… but I like knies also

Take Knies over Robertson. I think they need Robertson to be on their roster as a body that can play for $1M and under. Even after they move Mrazek, they have cap issues after Rielly's new contract kicks in next year. I personally think they will protect Robertson

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
this just seems like a boston move
With McAvoy extension, Bergeron to resign (or another top C who would be even more expensive), can they really afford it ? 13m cap space for 5 players incl. a 1C, if Lindholm signs for 7m AAV (best case scenario) it means 6m for 4 players (incl. 1C). Then they should move on from Rielly Forbort (not sure about how much they are worth on the trade market) and even then that's tight.
As a MTL fan (and a VAN fan remembering 2011 :'( ) I don't see it likely, I would hate it but they could do it... (just kidding BOS fans if you get him, good catch ;) )

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I mean it has to be either Lohrei or Lysell plus the 1st plus probably another good pick.

Does a long-term Lindholm deal fit the Bruins cap structure in the upcoming years?
As mentioned in my answer, I believe it put them very close to the cap, esp without a true 1C. Depends if Bergeron is ready to take another discount.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
We are trading Manson, Lindholm, Rakell, and possibly Gibson if he demands a trade.
I'm not worried about next year. I'm worried about 3 years from now.

I would take Knies over Robertson.
I would as well, I like Knies a lot....

Reactions: 57special

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We are trading Manson, Lindholm, Rakell, and possibly Gibson if he demands a trade.
I'm not worried about next year. I'm worried about 3 years from now.

I would take Knies over Robertson.
I think the are pretty close… I like robertsons shot a lot tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad