Friedman: Ducks are now preparing to trade Lindholm after failed talks

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t mean this to bash the Ducks but that’s an understandable perspective. When you’ve got a one-team soldier like Hertl getting 8 years and a bunch of no movement clauses from a team MUCH further out from competing like San Jose - I can see the unwillingness to extend max years for a guy who feels he has done nothing but be a great team player his entire career for his team as something of a slight.

Doesn’t mean the Ducks should just give it to him, but yeah, I can see how that can come off as a bit of a lowball offer from his side.
I get it from Anaheim perspective 8 year contracts are generally pretty dangerous , specially with lindholm being closer to 30 than 20.

That being said lindholm is our best overall player for a while, and he puts in the time training during the season and in the offseason…. Not exactly worried he won’t play 20-22 mins a night on average throughout that 8 years.

He is a guy we reached on to grab at draft been a loyal player throughout the years…. I don’t think this is much to do with him wanting money as it is years out or respect/loyalty. Either way whoever grabs him gunna love the player he is the next 5 years at least

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I get it from Anaheim perspective 8 year contracts are generally pretty dangerous , specially with lindholm being closer to 30 than 20.

That being said lindholm is our best overall player for a while, and he puts in the time training during the season and in the offseason…. Not exactly worried he won’t play 20-22 mins a night on average throughout that 8 years.

Teams will be hoping he ages like McDonagh has done so far. Crazy to think McDonagh is still only 32.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
this just seems like a boston move
Agreed. Not sure what the Bruins can offer beyond their 1st rounder but he fits well with McAvoy. Bruins also have lots of cap space so they can easily fit that cap hit in.

Calling it now, Bruins add Lindholm and Domi

Lindholm / McAvoy
Grelcyk / Carlo
Rielly / Forbort or Clifton

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Agreed. Not sure what the Bruins can offer beyond their 1st rounder but he fits well with McAvoy. Bruins also have lots of cap space so they can easily fit that cap hit in.

Lindholm / McAvoy
Grelcyk / Carlo
I mean it has to be either Lohrei or Lysell plus the 1st plus probably another good pick.

Does a long-term Lindholm deal fit the Bruins cap structure in the upcoming years?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Lindholm / McAvoy
Grelcyk / Carlo
Lysell, lohrei, 1sts are solid pieces… studnicka prob not a bad 2nd tier option… honestly I could see Boston swinging for Rakell + lindholm. Wouldn’t be shocked if debrusk was part of that

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lysell, lohrei, 1sts are solid pieces… studnicka prob not a bad 2nd tier option… honestly I could see Boston swinging for Rakell + lindholm. Wouldn’t be shocked if debrusk was part of that

If the Bruins want to, they can engage and offer what the Ducks want. DeBrusk going the other way might be a play yes.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
From the leafs id do both the 22 and 23 1sts + Robertson + dermott/Holl for Lindholm 50% retained.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I really think blues and bruins are the 2 favorites for lindholm w/ extension

Blues don't have the cap space to get it down. What cap dump are they sending back and is it more than one year cap dump? If so, that increases the dig into their futures pool.

Bruins have leverage. Cap space is a big issue with many playoff teams. Rangers and Bruins have the cap space to make any move they want. Other teams require to send cap dumps back and/or to ask a 3rd team to retain 50%.

There is a reason why Manson and Chiarot have moved first. 50% retention was very attractive for teams with tight cap space and possible plans to make another move.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Blues don't have the cap space to get it down. What cap dump are they sending back and is it more than one year cap dump? If so, that increases the dig into their futures pool.

Bruins have leverage. Cap space is a big issue with many playoff teams. Rangers and Bruins have the cap space to make any move they want. Other teams require to send cap dumps back and/or to ask a 3rd team to retain 50%.

There is a reason why Manson and Chiarot have moved first. 50% retention was very attractive for teams with tight cap space and possible plans to make another move.
Scnadella would come back and ducks would retain 50%

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
From the leafs id do both the 22 and 23 1sts + Robertson + dermott/Holl for Lindholm 50% retained.

If Muzzin is not out till the playoffs, do you have the cap space even with Lindholm coming at 50% retention? I think that any move Dubas makes and trades is 1st+, he's looking to move out that Mrazek contract. Kind of like hitting two birds with one stone.

Reactions: Gilles Meloche

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not a dude you should give 8 years to; and I REALLY like Hampus Lindholm.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
If Muzzin is not out till the playoffs, do you have the cap space even with Lindholm coming at 50% retention? I think that any move Dubas makes and trades is 1st+, he's looking to move out that Mrazek contract. Kind of like hitting two birds with one stone.
You could very well be right. At this point I'm not sure whats going to happen, all I know is Lindholm is a stud and represents a huge opportunity for the leafs to be true contenders and beat either or both the Florida teams.

Reactions: PainForShane

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm (50%)+ stolarz
For
Robertson, Dermott, Mrazek, 22 1st, 23 1st, villenueve

Anaheim can then retain on mrazek and send him somewhere in offseason to make room for dostal

Reactions: Hockey 4 Life

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Lindholm (50%)+ stolarz
For
Robertson, Dermott, Mrazek, 22 1st, 23 1st, villenueve

Anaheim can then retain on mrazek and send him somewhere in offseason to make room for dostal
I would do that deal as well. Villenueve is a good pick up, hes underrated as a rhd prospect. Now I really hope this happens. Lindholm is a beast.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Sad day for Ducks fans. I expected this, but still sad.

Admittedly, even though I would much rather re-sign Hampus; I think signing him to 8 years is a mistake. I think he's got 4 really good years left. If someone gives him 7 million + for 7 or 8 years; they'll regret it.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Well whoever does grab lindholm is going to love him…. Sucks we’re going to lose him but he’s likely going to a better situation and can be a stud for a playoff team again
if he was a righty, as a Leafs fan I would be all over this. Remember all the debates over the years of Rielly vs Lindholm lol. Would be ironic if they end up playing together lol

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I know they're not traditional buyers, but I think NYI would be in on this. Lindholm would solve one of their two problems (the other is probably insoluble).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad