Ducks and Hurricanes (both teams wore their home jersey's tonight)

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
No worries, I'm completely with you.

I hate to bring up soccer, but for the most part they have it down to a t, but even then I've seen it several times where in a professional league match the guest team either had to wear training jersey or get this, had to wear the home team's away jersey because the jerseys they brought with them was deemed too hard to differentiate by the referee.

Imagine the Blue Jackets wearing a Rangers away jersey during a regular season game. It would be quite funny to see but screams bush league.

I don't see how this can't be communicated beforehand though. It's not like they don't know each other's colors. This can easily be coordinated and even if there are special nights they can let each other know.

Of course, if a team is on an extended road trip it's just much more practical to carry around their white away jerseys.

Aside from that, not many reasons to not go color against color if the jerseys are easily distinguishable, which is another reason why I hope Seattle will go with a super bright greenish theme.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
does the league regulate these things?
what's stopping teams from wearing home jerseys on away games?

Backcheckmonster3

Aug 19, 2018
This was the best possible combination IMO:

LOi53H3.jpg

Yes, leafs vs red wings looks really good this way.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I thought it was a great idea but it was pointed out on the Ducks board that one of our radio announcers is color blind and couldn’t tell which team was which.

As much as I liked the black v red given the above fact I think the nhl completely dropped the ball allowing this to happen.

They need to plan uniforms based on a radio announcer?

Reactions: Negan4Coach

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
its all fine and dandy till the Leafs play the bolts. Ummm well Jim someone has scored on someone....ooooohhhhhh and we have another own goal

I would pay to see a pre season game like this lol the scrums would be hilarious

Reactions: jetsforever

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
View attachment 162829 I flipped over to the game tonight and was struck by how difficult it initially was to tell the two teams apart. After maybe 5 minutes or so my eyes had adjusted but the combination of dark jerseys and the orange in the Ducks’ jersey mixed with the red of Carolina messed with me a bit.

I am all for colour on colour games btw. But I’d prefer it in games where the colours are noticeably different (TB vs NAS or CAR vs VAN for example).
Yeah reds are already harder for me to see due to colorblindness and I can barely tell the difference between them when they're that dark against a white background. That would drive me nuts to watch all game.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Watching clips from that game, I find it to be burdensome on the eyes.

It works in soccer, but soccer is always outdoors and on a much bigger field. Also as @aufheben pointed out, the jerseys in the NHL aren't really made to do this.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The Flyers are pretty much the only team that could consistently pull off homes on the road thanks to the light orange/white shoulders, but not against any of the red teams or Edmonton.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought it was a great idea but it was pointed out on the Ducks board that one of our radio announcers is color blind and couldn’t tell which team was which.

As much as I liked the black v red given the above fact I think the nhl completely dropped the ball allowing this to happen.
Plus it's never going to be a permanent fixture.

Yeah let's totally eliminate road jersey sales.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
They would need to go back to home teams wearing white so that road teams only have to carry one set, although I wouldn't mind this myself, I always preferred the home team wearing white. That would be ok though IMO since it would give the home fans a nice mix.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
View attachment 162829 I flipped over to the game tonight and was struck by how difficult it initially was to tell the two teams apart. After maybe 5 minutes or so my eyes had adjusted but the combination of dark jerseys and the orange in the Ducks’ jersey mixed with the red of Carolina messed with me a bit.

I am all for colour on colour games btw. But I’d prefer it in games where the colours are noticeably different (TB vs NAS or CAR vs VAN for example).

Uh, that to me is very definitive of who is who.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I've long been in the camp that if a teams wants to have 2 different colours in their uni set instead of a white, the league should be all over that. Obviously it doesn't work for every team, but imagine a black and a red set for Chicago, and red and a blue set for Washington, a black and an orange for Philly, ect...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad