Post-Game Talk: Ducks 4, Penguins 2 - ALMOST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Break outs are often chipping and praying.

CDS was good, but not good enough.

Jake had a rough game. They miss Horny mightily, but he won't be able to nove the puck out of his own end when he comes back.

Sprong playing with confidence. MP playing OK for a 22-year old D. I dunno. We'll see in a year or so how the trade works out.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
@canadianguy77 wanted to response in the game thread with this:
thiis is important, I watched carefully, actualy Pens tried hard, but Ducks put on a clinic, they supported, they press on the wall, and their forward were actively covering points, so all the hard work behind the goal was useless since their sticks were so active and covering, I am actually not all that mad at Pens in third, this was more of a case of a team that really know how to hold onto lead...

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Am I allowed to criticize Kessel or is someone going to make a half page rant at me if I criticize him? Because I thought he really struggled tonight, he was having a lot of issues moving the puck to his linemates.

There really wasn't many positives in this game. Pettersson had a good game, but that's really about it.
He's had a rough season. Turnover machine. Though he and Malkin had some good shifts in the 3rd

Reactions: vodeni

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pens played pretty decent in the 1st and 3rd period, but the 2nd period was awful.

JR really screwed up this roster.

The team's identity was speed and skill and JR brought in a bunch of players that don't have speed and skill.

So now you got a slow team trying to play a fast game.

Its just not going to work.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sprong playing with confidence. MP playing OK for a 22-year old D. I dunno. We'll see in a year or so how the trade works out.

Pettersson had a really good game, I don't know how you're saying he only played "okay". He looked really good out there, he was engaged offensively and strong defensively. The only miscue he had was trying to cover for Johnson trying to be a rover, which led to a 2 on 1 break.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Am I allowed to criticize Kessel or is someone going to make a half page rant at me if I criticize him? Because I thought he really struggled tonight, he was having a lot of issues moving the puck to his linemates.

There really wasn't many positives in this game. Pettersson had a good game, but that's really about it.
Yeah, Kessel was bad which is the shame, because Malkin played quite well actually. Guentzel was a huge disappointment as well tonight. But that defense is not only killing us defensively, but they are so useless offensively too. That´s a big problem. Riikkola is no God, but there is no way he should be sitting while Maatta is playing. Maatta is a disgrace. And O and JJ are pretty bad too. It´s really hard to win with those three guys in the lineup. Really hard.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
How would you know? How would the coaching staff know?

They have given so many opportunities to Johnson, Oleksiak, and Maatta to play through their garbage and they just became more rancid garbage. If you let Riikola play, we might actually figure the **** out what he is.
I think he should play, but he isn’t a top 4. You can just see it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
**** the team and **** mike sullivan.

If Sullivan wasn't so bullish and stubborn. This team would have Sprong in the top six and Riikola in the the top four. Maatta, Johnson, or Olesiak would be riding the pine. And Garrett Wilson would be in the AHL where he belongs.
Why are you mad though?

Sprong would never get played through his crap to get better, this coaching staff was just never going to let it happen. He'll turn into what we hoped he would be for us, for them. Just how it is, there was no way Sully was going to give him the minutes to play through shit he gives others on the Pens.

If we're going to be mad, let's be mad at the shit he's doing with Riikola right now. One travesty to another.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We’re going back down to fourth in the Metro after tonight if NYI win....this division is a joke but it doesn’t matter if we eke into the POs because we’re going nowhere without some tweaks...

Brass is a joke....Sprong was better than Brass tonight and at least half our forwards, who have zero skill and are just another version of Kuhn or Tangradi....

The D is pathetic...we have two days until the temporary freeze..will JR make a good trade? Doubtful....likely we’ll be stuck with this until January

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I knew we were going to lose tonight so I’m indifferent.

Wonder how Weds is going to go though.

If we're lucky . . .

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Are we really going to do this? Sprong had a good game for the Ducks, just like Pettersson had for the Penguins. Let's not just make this complaining that Sprong isn't here.

I am not trying to make this about sprong and I like Pettersson. I don't mind the trade. But the fact that sullivan wouldn't play riikola forced more of a trade for a men, which put wilson in the line up. I am more upset that Wilson is there than sprong being gone.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Why are you mad though?

Sprong would never get played through his crap to get better, this coaching staff was just never going to let it happen. He'll turn into what we hoped he would be for us, for them. Just how it is, there was no way Sully was going to give him the minutes to play through **** he gives others on the Pens.

If we're going to be mad, let's be mad at the **** he's doing with Riikola right now. One travesty to another.

The point is i am upset about both and his stubbornness

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad