Post-Game Talk: Ducks 4, Penguins 2 - ALMOST

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Look, things like Zac Almost-Reese in the top six SHOULD be rectified once guys are healthy, but until half of this defense is replaced, this team is done.

The Pens lack guys up front who can drive offense individually, and in that case you need more than 1 defensive pair that can break out the puck, support the rush, and support in the offensive zone. Hell, even WITH more of a mix of guys up front who individually can drive offense, you need more than 1 NHL caliber defensive pairing.

Until then, it will be the Pittsburgh ALMOST Penguins.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
**** the team and **** mike sullivan.

If Sullivan wasn't so bullish and stubborn. This team would have Sprong in the top six and Riikola in the the top four. Maatta, Johnson, or Olesiak would be riding the pine. And Garrett Wilson would be in the AHL where he belongs.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Am I allowed to criticize Kessel or is someone going to make a half page rant at me if I criticize him? Because I thought he really struggled tonight, he was having a lot of issues moving the puck to his linemates.

There really wasn't many positives in this game. Pettersson had a good game, but that's really about it.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Well. last game they were outshot, out hit, out face off'd and took more penalty minutes.

Tonight .. they took less penalties than their opponent.

So theres some improvement I suppose.

That's all I got.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON

If Sullivan wasn't so bullish and stubborn. This team would have Sprong in the top six and Riikola in the the top four. Maatta, Johnson, or Olesiak would be riding the pine. And Garrett Wilson would be in the AHL where he belongs.
Riikola is not a top 4 defender. At all.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Myself after watching this game tonight still wondering why Wilson & Johnson are playing over Dea and Riikola. This decisions that both the coaching staff, and the front office have made over the past year have been such a joke.

giphy.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Are we really going to do this? Sprong had a good game for the Ducks, just like Pettersson had for the Penguins. Let's not just make this complaining that Sprong isn't here.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

All fair critiques.

That said, the mess that is this defense is 99.99% on Jim Rutherford. He spent the last 18 months deconstructing a cup caliber defense and inundating it with morons.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Yea I mean, there is no switch this year. They are just bad in all facets if the game.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Am I allowed to criticize Kessel or is someone going to make a half page rant at me if I criticize him? Because I thought he really struggled tonight, he was having a lot of issues moving the puck to his linemates.

There really wasn't many positives in this game. Pettersson had a good game, but that's really about it.

Hmm, I'm not gonna half page rant, but he mostly looked fine tonight imo. I think ZAR literally does nothing for that line, frankly I think he floats to the open spaces instead of working the boards well or forechecking which is weird because you have two guys on that line who have had 35+ goals, yet he's the one trying to float leaving them to grind. That doesn't make any f***ing sense.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Cole would still be here.

No he wouldn't because JR was definitely not re-signing him.

Hmm, I'm not gonna half page rant, but he mostly looked fine tonight imo.

Idk, I really thought he had trouble getting the puck back to Malkin tonight. That entire line looked like a mess offensively, anyone that Malkin would pass the puck to wouldn't be able to move it to anyone else.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Olli, Rig, JJ, sometimes Letang with his brain farts, Phil when he's not trying, Brassard, Sheahan...
LOSERS!

Thats the tale of the tape and has been all season with some crappy Rust/G mixed in.

Maybe Riiko gets a regular jersey...
Naw he won't and they'll deserve every loss they get as they continue these crappy decisions.

20 minutes buried them.
ANA score a PP goal. Ok fine.
Somehow Olli-JJ pair gets out post another pk i believe(or at the very tail end of it when it went back to even). JJ chases a hit, Olli's a pilon/perfect screen.
Then Cullen loses a draw and Letang does dumb stuff. 3-2 Final.

Reactions: Rudy Russo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad