Eklund Rumor: Duchene to Carolina Hurricanes?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I wonder if his source is Adrian Dater or Pierre LeBrun.

Maybe he reads hfboards...

But well done Eklund. You got me to click on your site.

So mission accomplished I guess...

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Faulk, I'd imagine. It would be one of those top-tier d-men.

I'd see Duchene and Faulk as a probable basis, but the Avs may want one of the younger group.

Has been discussed to death.

IMO Faulk does not make much sense.
Duchene signals that the Canes want to win sooner rather than later and Faulk is not only their face of the franchise (atleast he has been for a while), his offense also can not really be replaced.

On the other hand the Avs already have EJ and Barrie at RHD so that would put them in the position of probably having to seek out a trade for one of the two immediately (probably Barrie) right now.

Making a trade that forces you to make a follow-up deal is IMO not a winning strategy when you consider how difficult it seems right now to pull off a proper trade.

Hanifin is probably the piece that makes the most sense for all parties involved.

We will see if Francis is willing to give him up or if Sakic is willing to gamble on Noahs potential rather than his recent play.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Faulk, I'd imagine. It would be one of those top-tier d-men.

I'd see Duchene and Faulk as a probable basis, but the Avs may want one of the younger group.

Avs want a 24 or younger player as the main piece.

So they are probably asking for Salvin/Hanafin, 1st, prospect ballpark but with the serious pieces Car has it could be any combination of things. (Also I know Car fans lose their minds anytime Slavin is brought up, I'm simply saying that would be a player the Avs would initially ask for. So no need to get all up in arms because I put his name down)

This has been discussed to death on threads here already though. Should be interesting to see if anything happens.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Moving Faulk as the "face of the franchise" is minor in comparison to the gaping hole he'd leave on the right side. You can move a popular guy when you get someone like a Duchene coming back, so that's not the issue. He makes a lot more sense from a contract status perspective than Hanifin.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Eklund puts his mark of death on that rumor.

Most I see the Canes giving up is Haydn Fleury + 1st + a guy like Saarela. I wouldn't trade Slavin for Duchene++.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So one bad team to another, poor Duchene. Avalanche would likely get a pretty decent return from the Canes though, so there's that.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
So one bad team to another, poor Duchene. Avalanche would likely get a pretty decent return from the Canes though, so there's that.

Canes are in a much better spot than people give them credit for. Duchene would do wonders for them. Add in a little bit more offense and better G and you have the next CBJ.

Teams that are that well coached and have that defensive depth dont stay bad for long in the league right now

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Changes this to his headline 20 minutes after Dater tweets the canes are scouting again tonight and that he thinks they're on the short list. Lebrun retweets.

Eklund...."I'm hearing the canes and the avs..."

We've all got twitter bruh.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
I don't see Carolina pulling the trigger on any big deals. With the entry draft for Vegas coming at the end of the playoffs, Carolina has open spots so they can cherry pick teams who are at risk losing players for zilch.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I don't see Carolina pulling the trigger on any big deals. With the entry draft for Vegas coming at the end of the playoffs, Carolina has open spots so they can cherry pick teams who are at risk losing players for zilch.

I keep seeing people say this but I cant see it happening. Take for an example the Islanders whom will put several good players exposed to the draft. Why would they undersell a player then lose another to the draft? I don't buy the "you might as well get something before you lose him for nothing!" Either way every team is losing someone to LV.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I keep seeing people say this but I cant see it happening. Take for an example the Islanders whom will put several good players exposed to the draft. Why would they undersell a player then lose another to the draft? I don't buy the "you might as well get something before you lose him for nothing!" Either way every team is losing someone to LV.

Yeah I agree. The only scenario where I see this an issue is if a team has 1 good asset.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Avs want a 24 or younger player as the main piece.

So they are probably asking for Salvin/Hanafin, 1st, prospect ballpark but with the serious pieces Car has it could be any combination of things. (Also I know Car fans lose their minds anytime Slavin is brought up, I'm simply saying that would be a player the Avs would initially ask for. So no need to get all up in arms because I put his name down)

This has been discussed to death on threads here already though. Should be interesting to see if anything happens.

Slavin or Hanifin plus a first and a prospect for Duchene?

He's gonna stay in Colorado until his contract runs out if that's what they're asking for.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Hanifin makes a lot more sense than Slavin/Pesce. Hanifin can be replaced this season, the other two are the top pairing for the canes. They probably arent moving either of those two unless they are calling it a year now.

There's no reason to do that.

Faulk otherwise makes the most sense. Similar age and contract to Duchene. I think it's Hanifin if it happens.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Slavin or Hanifin plus a first and a prospect for Duchene?

He's gonna stay in Colorado until his contract runs out if that's what they're asking for.

We heard the same thing about ROR when we said it would take Zadorov+ to get him. If only Sakic had listened to HF, we could have had Pysyk and a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad