Duchene or MacKinnon

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Why do you need to compare our 2 players against each other, which one is better?

Did you do the same with Sakic and Forsberg? I surely did not, i loved them both equally:p:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Why do you need to compare our 2 players against each other, which one is better?

Did you do the same with Sakic and Forsberg? I surely did not, i loved them both equally:p:

You may not have, but I was more of a Forsberg fan personally, and it's pretty much a fact that Sakic has a larger overall following than Forsberg (Unless your from Sweden).

Personally I really like Duchene, and hes one of my favorites. However I'm more of a Landeskog fan personally because I tend to gravitate towards power type players.

Right now it goes,

Landeskog
Duchene
McGinn
Mackinnon

for me. That list may change after a few years, who knows. (Although it's going to be hard to knock the Viking off the top)

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO

This is a forum to discuss topics. We don't NEED to compare them. It's for fun, it's to brighten up the dull offseason.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The reason I pick Duchene is that although his development hasn't been ideal, it's gotten him to the point he's at now where all of the question marks I had about him as a prospect are gone. His two way play has translated, he plays a simple and effective game and doesn't get too fancy any more, he's proven his dedication to becoming the absolute best player he can be, and has legitemately grown into a leader.

Duchene still has room to improve and I expect him to do so but he's erased any doubts I had. So I don't see why he can't really fully utilize his talent and become a two-way 80-90 point center by the time he's reached his peak. And I don't think Mack's ceiling is much higher than that.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Malkin and Crosby never get compared because they are in same team? I think It's pretty common.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
You may not have, but I was more of a Forsberg fan personally, and it's pretty much a fact that Sakic has a larger overall following than Forsberg (Unless your from Sweden).

Personally I really like Duchene, and hes one of my favorites. However I'm more of a Landeskog fan personally because I tend to gravitate towards power type players.

Right now it goes,

Landeskog
Duchene
McGinn
Mackinnon

for me. That list may change after a few years, who knows. (Although it's going to be hard to knock the Viking off the top)

I was a Forsberg fan as well. Foppa did things that I cant unsee.... in a good way. He was flat out spectacular. Had he not had injury issues there would be no stopping him climbing his way into the record books.

For me though, Duchene is currently my favorite player. Not just for his play on the ice but for what he does OFF the ice. He is an awesome guy.

That is not a slight against anyone, more of a credit to Duchene.

With all that said...I hope Mack and Duchene are both top 10 players some day. I hope we are a force in the NHL for years to come because of them and Landy.

I dont know who will be the better player and I hope they will both have storied careers here in CO and retire with the A on their sweater.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
So, we're 3 years out from MacK entering the league and having a discussion about this.

Curious how everyone feels today (no poll, just discussion)?

I still see no reason to waiver from a 'too close to call' vote or picking Duchy.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Just checked, I picked Duchene at the time but vaguely recall waffling between that and "too close to call". They are both equally exciting and frustrating players for me, but are pretty much exclusively who I look forward to watching when nothing else seems to be going right for the team.

I find myself still patiently waiting for one of them to flirt with a PPG season, however, with Dutchy I'm beginning to wonder whether he'll ever manage.

That being said, I'm still not convinced MacK will significantly outperform Duchene over the course of their careers and am inclined to stick with my vote from 3 years ago.

They both have all the raw talent in the world, I just find myself worrying more with every year that neither will hit their ceiling. Don't get me wrong, I love them both and on their days consider them borderline (if not) elite, I just feel that they both still have significant room to grow.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Just checked, I picked Duchene at the time but vaguely recall waffling between that and "too close to call". They are both equally exciting and frustrating players for me, but are pretty much exclusively who I look forward to watching when nothing else seems to be going right for the team.

I find myself still patiently waiting for one of them to flirt with a PPG season, however, with Dutchy I'm beginning to wonder whether he'll ever manage.

That being said, I'm still not convinced MacK will significantly outperform Duchene over the course of their careers and am inclined to stick with my vote from 3 years ago.

They both have all the raw talent in the world, I just find myself worrying more with every year that neither will hit their ceiling. Don't get me wrong, I love them both and on their days consider them borderline (if not) elite, I just feel that they both still have significant room to grow.

Dutchy already went ppg in 13-14

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Well would you look at that, I had to go and see for myself to believe it. What I had in mind, obviously, was 80 points, but seeing that makes me feel better about him - now only to do it again.

Even more impressive imo was the 12-13 season where he was almost ppg and elevated pa parenteau to near ppg numbers as well. Unfortunately that was the season they took last lol

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Duchene's my favorite current Avs player, but if I had to pick which player to build my team around, it'd be MacKinnon.

I'm just glad the Avs have two insanely talented young forwards with blazing speed who can absolutely dominate when they're on the ice. Hope it lasts for many, many years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad