Friedman: Duchene Mega-Thread Pt. 1 - Ottawa fielding offers, NSH & CBJ interested; Duchene sitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Don’t worry Sens fans - Melnyk is prepared to make the Sens a cap team from 2021-2024. This man shouldn’t have a franchise. I cannot believe the Avs have the Sens’ 1st round pick unprotected - for a player who’s about to go elsewhere. Everything is NOT fine. This is downright absurd.

The Sens are in a financial firesale. There is no rebuild. They are just cutting all costs even more than they already have.

I agree with everything you wrote, but in the words of our management "we are obligated to meet the cap floor." There is absolutely nothing that can be done in regards to ownership, it sucks.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think it's going to be Tolvanen + 1st for an unsigned Duchene. I don't think we'd be interesting in adding much more if we're confident he'll sign here.

What if Duchene is willing to sign both in Nashville and Montreal. If the Habs move in and offer Suzuki, 1st, and Lehkonen. Do the Preds up their offer and include Fiala?

- Suzuki vs Tolvanen: It's close one way or another.

- Habs 1st (15-20 range) vs Preds 1st (20-25 range): Edge to Habs

- Lehkonen vs ???: Do the Preds include Fiala?

* Preds have a tax advantage. $8M in Nashville = $10M in Montreal
* Habs have a bonus money in July advantage. Do the Preds offer the same? Not sure.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs are in duchene if hes resigned

Suzuki
Mete/juulsen
1st 2019 For

Duchene resigned for 5 yrs Let's go

Offer him a bonus money in July contract. Not many teams are in position to do this. It might offset the tax advantage the Preds have. $8M in Nashville = $10M in Montreal.

Would you give him $10M for 5 years with 90% of the money payed yearly in July? It might work for Duchene.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
CBC seems to think he will be traded tonight

giphy.gif

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What if Duchene is willing to sign both in Nashville and Montreal. If the Habs move in and offer Suzuki, 1st, and Lehkonen. Do the Preds up their offer and include Fiala?

- Suzuki vs Tolvanen: It's close one way or another.

- Habs 1st (15-20 range) vs Preds 1st (20-25 range): Edge to Habs

- Lehkonen vs ???: Do the Preds include Fiala?

* Preds have a tax advantage. $8M in Nashville = $10M in Montreal
* Habs have a bonus money in July advantage. Do the Preds offer the same? Not sure.
No I think Poile just backs out and goes to a 2nd or 3rd option.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Duchene wants term. I think it will be 8 years or he's not even considering it.

Sure. Habs would give him 8 years if he demands it. The other way to look at it is the Habs offer 5 years at $10M (from age 28-32). Then Duchene gets another 5 or 6 year deal at age 33 vs 36 if he signed the 8 year deal. Who would you rather sign.. a 33 year old Duchene or a 36 year old Duchene? Might result in the same in the end but he could make more in 5 years with a higher salary cap and extra revenue from Seattle.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Habs are in duchene if hes resigned

Suzuki
Mete/juulsen
1st 2019 For

Duchene resigned for 5 yrs Let's go

Are we? Or are you saying you want us to be?

As far as i heard Montreal is nowhere near this.

Also - resigned how? Before the trade? Imo i don't see Duchene resigning before the TDL. So to do a sign & trade the offer would have to be really high, not 8M but more like 9-10M+. if not he's likely to wait.

BrendanGallagher11

Sep 18, 2013
Montreal

Also - resigned how? Before the trade? Imo i don't see Duchene resigning before the TDL. So to do a sign & trade the offer would have to be really high, not 8M but more like 9-10M+. if not he's likely to wait.
Elliot Friedman

Bobby macs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

You are not hearing right. Duchene cheered for the Habs as a kid and the Habs are in on him but only in a sign/trade or trade/sign.... not as a rental.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Poile isn't going to sell the farm just for one guy. He is just trying to beef up the 2nd line after all.

Habs would offer value if we can get Duchene on an extension. Suzuki, 1st (lottery protection), and Lehkonen. Duchene signed for 7 or 8 years at $9.75M with 90% of the money payed yearly in July.

I think this might fit for both the Sens, Duchene, and the Habs.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Habs would offer value if we can get Duchene on an extension. Suzuki, 1st (lottery protection), and Lehkonen. Duchene signed for 7 or 8 years at $9.75M with 90% of the money payed yearly in July.

Suzuki/Poeling, Juulsen, 1st.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018

Doubt he trades Suzuki since he just traded for him, most likely Poehling and that would give them a centre for MD replacement.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Doubt he trades Suzuki since he just traded for him, most likely Poehling and that would give them a centre for MD replacement.

Suzuki can be traded. Most Habs fans have Romanov, Brook, and Poehling as our untouchable prospects (Some also include Primeau). Suzuki is a fringe center and most likely a play making RW in the end. Habs can spare him more than Poehling who is a true center.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad