Dreger: Duchene Mega-thread: Habs, NSH inquired about Duchene. Asking price is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
He has averaged 66 points over the last 5 seasons (counting this one). So it is funny you list his average as his maximum.

I find it funny that for a guy that has broke 60 points once in the last five years (your time line not mine), you're "projecting" his point totals. Talk about spinning the truth. The results are the results, no better or worse.....don't spin the truth using "projections". He's a bottom end 1C or very good 2C, which is fine but don't try and make him into something he's not.

Big Bad Zad

Mar 31, 2016
I find it funny that for a guy that has broke 60 points once in the last five years (your time line not mine), you're "projecting" his point totals. Talk about spinning the truth. The results are the results, no better or worse.....don't spin the truth using "projections". He's a bottom end 1C or very good 2C, which is fine but don't try and make him into something he's not.

Duchene has played 93 percent of the games over that period. It's not like i am projecting a small sample size.

Yes he has only one season over 60 points over that last five seasons. But remember the NHL had 48 games in the lockout shorten year and the Avs only have
49 games this year. So obvious he doesn't have 60 points in those two seasons. So he really only realistically had a shot of hitting 60 in three of the five years I counted. Talk about spinning the truth.

He hit 60 in 13/14, did not in 14/15 and hit 59 in 76 games on 15/16. Yes he technically missed 60 points in the last season because he missed 6 games, it isn't that far of a stretch to say he would have atleast gotten one point over six games. But I will concede he didn't technically hit 60 that year.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

It makes no sense for the Habs to trade for Duchene.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Edler/Tanev + Granlund + Virtanen + 1st

Edler/Tanev is a good player going back, Granlund replaces a forward lost in Duchene, Virtanen is still a good prospect, the 1st could be higher if we miss the playoffs.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

Edler/Tanev is a good player going back, Granlund replaces a forward lost in Duchene, Virtanen is still a good prospect, the 1st could be higher if we miss the playoffs.

I'd say no. It's not to do with the value, but with the fit. If the Avs trade Duchene, a rebuild / re-tool is coming. It is also been reiterated by insiders and even Sakic they want "young" defensman / prospect age defensman. Yet the centrepiece of this deal, Edler or Tanev, are 27 and 30 respectively. Granlund isn't worth all that much, I don't watch Virtanen but 9 points in 33 AHL games does not indicate "good" prospect to me (I'd say he's a project / bust with minimal value), and while that 1st could be quite nice, the key to any deal is the defensman centrepiece - and that defensman centrepiece is simply too old here to me.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Duchene has played 93 percent of the games over that period. It's not like i am projecting a small sample size.

Yes he has only one season over 60 points over that last five seasons. But remember the NHL had 48 games in the lockout shorten year and the Avs only have
49 games this year. So obvious he doesn't have 60 points in those two seasons. So he really only realistically had a shot of hitting 60 in three of the five years I counted. Talk about spinning the truth.

He hit 60 in 13/14, did not in 14/15 and hit 59 in 76 games on 15/16. Yes he technically missed 60 points in the last season because he missed 6 games, it isn't that far of a stretch to say he would have atleast gotten one point over six games. But I will concede he didn't technically hit 60 that year.

People can't use projections to guess what players might do or not do. Use facts, is the safest way. Last five years (your time period), he broke 60 once.....everything else is guessing or projecting which is prone to errors.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
It makes sense at the right price and for now he seems to been rate as an ELITE center which he's not but he's a really good player.

We won't get an elite center without moving far more than Sergachyov. Would you move Galchenyuk if ge had the same contract as Duchene for Juulsen, 1st Scherbak? I sure as hell wouldn't.

And there is a couple of things Duchene is elite at, faceoffs and ES points, unless you don't find being top 10 in ES scoring since the last lockout as elite. Even then it's pretty damn good.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
People can't use projections to guess what players might do or not do. Use facts, is the safest way. Last five years (your time period), he broke 60 once.....everything else is guessing or projecting which is prone to errors.

You're going to argue over 1 stinking point?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

Edler and tanev don't have nearly equal value. Edler is made of glass and blows.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
His time period not mine, using facts. 55 points the same as 60 points?

Hilarious.

Anyway, unrelated and for reference:

How many centers scored more ES points than Duchene since the lockout? Five.

1). Crosby 222
2). Seguin 187
3). Getzlaf 182
4). Tavares 176
5). Jumbo Joe 172
6). Duchene 168

But I guess that company is nothing special.

Last edited:

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
What is your point? That Avs players suck?? It's a wonder why fans of all these teams are frikkin' LININ' UP to make sure their teams get them. Strange how that goes.

As far as your post on Landeskog, if you DID follow the team instead of boxscore watch, you'd know that he had a bad start (I guess that means that Patrice Bergeron and Anze Kopitar suck donkey ass too???) then he got injured. He's got 9 points in his last 16 games player which isn't half bad when you figure that the Avs lost 14 of those games and only scored 26 goals for as a team during that span.

You know, when teams get a performance like the Avs got today, out of their supporting cast where Iginla puts one in and Soderberg does as well, it takes a bit of the pressure off of the top guys. We haven't had that on most nights this year...but I guess that's really relevant, right???

[MOD]

They do along with Toews. Two way players are grossly overrated on HFboards

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Hilarious.

1). Crosby 222
2). Seguin 187
3). Getzlaf 182
4). Tavares 176
5). Jumbo Joe 172
6). Duchene 168

More than this, I wasn't even surprised by it. Not sure if this makes threads on Duchene worse because opposing team fans just don't get it, or that Avs fans seem overwhelmingly OK with him getting traded.

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
More than this, I wasn't even surprised by it. Not sure if this makes threads on Duchene worse because opposing team fans just don't get it, or that Avs fans seem overwhelmingly OK with him getting traded.

We're def not okay with trading him.

We're only accepting a trade if we get someone that SOLVES our D issues long-term.
Anything other than that and Avs fans would riot!

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
I would try and go with Sergachev + Scherbak + Hudon + 2017 1st + 2018 1st + Plek (cap) + DD (cap) and get both Duchene + Landeskog.

Getting Sergachev, Scherbak and Hudon are good pieces that all have good NHL potential as well as 2 1sts.

Max Pacioretty - Matt Duchene - Brendan Gallagher
Gabriel Landeskog - Alex Galchenyuk - Alex Radulov
Arturri Lekhonen - Phillip Danault - Andrew Shaw
Paul Byron - Torrey Mitchell - Brian Flynn
Sven Andrighetto

Alexei Emelin - Shea Weber
Nathan Beaulieu - Jeff Petry
Andrei Markov - Greg Pateryn
Nikita Nesterov

Carey Price
Al Montoya

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
It makes sense at the right price and for now he seems to been rate as an ELITE center which he's not but he's a really good player.

He really benefits more from playing on a team with no real competition. Avs have traded away/let walk the two guys who likely would have either pushed him down the lineup or to the wing.

There is sheltered minutes for defensemen, and the Avs have developed sheltered rosters for their "stars"

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Hilarious.

1). Crosby 222
2). Seguin 187
3). Getzlaf 182
4). Tavares 176
5). Jumbo Joe 172
6). Duchene 168

Not sure what you're trying to debate, nothing to do with my post. My post was responding to a poster who wanted to call him a 80 pt guy, I corrected him saying he's not a 80 pt guy. Nothing to do with his ES production. So you're right, your post is completely unrelated and pointless.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Edler and tanev don't have nearly equal value. Edler is made of glass and blows.

Just a stereotype, I've probably watched the majority of his career and I completely disagree.

He's very underappreciated. No one's perfect and injuries aren't his fault. I would argue injuries could partially be a byproduct of how relied upon he has been.

Ever since he signed that contract extension he's pretty much been among the most relied upon guys on the team. He never gets the credit he deserves for the things he does well, people only see what they want to see.

I think they have similar value, maybe Tanev's is higher on the open market, but Edler is a good player too and they are different players, if a team needs a defenseman and they have someone like Tanev but not someone like Edler then where does the value in the player(s) for that given team lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad