Dreger: Duchene Mega-thread: Habs, NSH inquired about Duchene. Asking price is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Yeah I'd say Duchene's a bit better than Johansen and it's a shame Nashville already traded Jones to Columbus because that would've been perfect.

Still with that said, I think that the Avs could use a depth trade more than a one for one so a Duchene for Fabbro + Fiala/Girard + 1st could go a long way in helping them replenish their team but I haven't followed Fabbro's development after the summer to know if it's worth it with him as a centre piece.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Oh, you think? I'd say Nashville should keep Johansen and his big body as first C, and put the smaller Duchene on second C. You think Laviolette would separate Forberg-Johansen-Neal?

Well considering Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson is our "#1" line, yes.

Duchene would be able to play with Wilson and Neal as our "#2" line.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I think Pete Laviolette would leave Johansen on the first line and put Duchene on the second line. He'd have Austin Watson and Craig Smith for wingers (They're the 2nd line wingers as of February 4th, 2017, aka today).

On the other hand, he'd be 1st line center in Montreal, with Max Pacioretty and the power house that is Alexander Radulov. Tell me how he'd produce more in Country City than in Habs Land :speechles

Most likely top6 would be something like:

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
x - Duchene - Neal

Mix and match, but he'd play with 1 or 2 of Forsberg, Neal and Arvidsson

X is one of Fiala, Wilson or Jarnkrok, maybe Smith, but definitely not Watson.
Yes I'm aware of how the lineups are constructed atm, but whatever they call it, in a traditional top6 thinking they're 3rd line

HabsFan1994

Feb 1, 2017
View attachment 93759

That's what I followed for the line, 'cause I don't follow the Preds enough to know their correct line, forgive me if they're not the right ones.

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
X-Duchene-Neal would make sense.

That'd be a nice top-6 for you guys :)

EDIT: Pic didn't work, but it's Forsberg-RyJo-Arvidsson as first line and Watson-Fisher-Smith for the second.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Just proves that you know nothing about the Avs.

The guys at the top are not the problem. .

It's not Martinensen's fault that Landeskog is averaging a pathetic 2.02 pts per 60 on the PP. It's not Wiercioch's fault that Landeskog's individual corsi number sucks. In fact the epically worthless mess you are complaining about are all outperforming Landeskog when it comes to creating shots directed at the net. Bourque, Comeau, Martinsen.... all are getting the pucks at the net more. Now of course he's a better player than they are, and of course there are other things going on. He's a good player. But you are wrong when you say that there is nothing wrong with your core. There is, and that's why you are looking to deal them.

Funny that you bring up EJ. Avs go from below average - bad to epically bad right after he gets injured but apparantely he still sucks according to you.

Actually I never said he sucks. He's good. He's not good enough to be a #1 on a contending team. There's a wide gap between elite and sucks.

But yeah. Not the first time I am shaking my head when it comes to you commenting on the Avalanche....

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your posts.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I think if I'm Colorado trading Duchene to Ottawa looks the best to me. The trade for me would be:

To Col
Ceci
Brown
1st 2017

To Sens
Duchene
2nd 2017 (To entice the Brown part)

and if we make that trade then trade Barrie

To Col
K. Hayes
Skeji
2nd 2017
or
Miller

To NYR
Barrie

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
I think if I'm Colorado trading Duchene to Ottawa looks the best to me. The trade for me would be:

To Col
Ceci
Brown
1st 2017

To Sens
Duchene
2nd 2017 (To entice the Brown part)

and if we make that trade then trade Barrie

To Col
K. Hayes
Skeji
2nd 2017
or
Miller

To NYR
Barrie

first awful for colorado

second looks bad for ny

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
I think Pete Laviolette would leave Johansen on the first line and put Duchene on the second line. He'd have Austin Watson and Craig Smith for wingers (They're the 2nd line wingers as of February 4th, 2017, aka today).

On the other hand, he'd be 1st line center in Montreal, with Max Pacioretty and the power house that is Alexander Radulov. Tell me how he'd produce more in Country City than in Habs Land :speechles

Duchene is a 60 points center
Galchenyuk has been producing at a 70+ points pace since last january (or you know the moment he became a center)

Duchene is NOT taking his spot

(the only reason galchenyuk isn't on the 1st line now is that he's still not at 100% since returning from injury)

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Does duchene want to be a number two centre behind ryjo though?

He's never struck me as someone who has a major ego or would ever have a problem with that. For the last two years here he's generally gotten the short end of the stick on linemates with the best going to MacKinnon.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
To Calgary: Duchene, Zadorov

To Colorado: Brodie, Bennett

Av's get their defenseman who can play both sides on one of the best contracts (and one year longer than Duchene) in the league and a struggling young center with huge potential to possibly replace Duchene down the line.

Flames get a player who can keep up with Gaudreau, that could make a fantastic first line with Gaudreau and Monahan or anchor his own line if spreading out the scoring. Get a big nasty young defenseman to try to help the huge defensive depth they take by losing Brodie.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

Av's get their defenseman who can play both sides on one of the best contracts (and one year longer than Duchene) in the league and a struggling young center with huge potential to possibly replace Duchene down the line.

Flames get a player who can keep up with Gaudreau, that could make a fantastic first line with Gaudreau and Monahan or anchor his own line if spreading out the scoring. Get a big nasty young defenseman to try to help the huge defensive depth they take by losing Brodie.

Pass and this is from someone who LOVES Bennett. We're not trading Zadorov.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008

You lost me at zadorov

Duchene+ for Brodie and Bennett is doable, but the + isn't zadorov (other avs fans would hate me but I'd do bigras there if it's a quality d prospect you want, or mironov if it's just for the hits)

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
That's so awesome. He's so good he's just on a bad team. And Ej is so good, but he's just on a bad team. And Rantanen is so good, but he's just on a bad team. And Landeskog is so good, but he's just on a bad team. And Barrie is so good, he's just on a bad team. And MacKinnon is so good, but he's just on a bad team.

There's a disconnect here that I'm sure you'll find if you think hard enough about it.

What is your point? That Avs players suck?? It's a wonder why fans of all these teams are frikkin' LININ' UP to make sure their teams get them. Strange how that goes.

As far as your post on Landeskog, if you DID follow the team instead of boxscore watch, you'd know that he had a bad start (I guess that means that Patrice Bergeron and Anze Kopitar suck donkey ass too???) then he got injured. He's got 9 points in his last 16 games player which isn't half bad when you figure that the Avs lost 14 of those games and only scored 26 goals for as a team during that span.

You know, when teams get a performance like the Avs got today, out of their supporting cast where Iginla puts one in and Soderberg does as well, it takes a bit of the pressure off of the top guys. We haven't had that on most nights this year...but I guess that's really relevant, right???

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
You lost me at zadorov

Duchene+ for Brodie and Bennett is doable, but the + isn't zadorov (other avs fans would hate me but I'd do bigras there if it's a quality d prospect you want, or mironov if it's just for the hits)

Of course Brodie and Bennett is doable for Duchene. Duchene alone wouldn't get Brodie....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad