Dreger: Duchene Mega-thread: Habs, NSH inquired about Duchene. Asking price is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
An article on it can be read here, bit more friendly than having to listen. Not sure what there is to discuss, honestly? I'm sure every team in the league would love a 26 year old top line forward. The big question is will they pay Sakic's price? That's pretty self-obvious stuff.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So does a couple of other teams.

I am willing to bet that Duchene won't be traded until the offseason.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
For cap reasons the deal would probably be like this.

Montreal Canadians- Matt Duchene.

Colorado Avalanche- Plekanec+Sergachev+Montreals 2017 1st round pick.

That's not a bad offer actually, and I think Duchene gives Montreal as good a chance to win the Cup as any team.

I'm curious as to how Colorado fans would feel about it.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Quite a few teams, Have been listed as having potential interest in both Duchene and Ladeskog Detroit being one of them. This means absolutely nothing.

Some Colorado journalist also mentioned about this, I think they're talking and if I'm Bergevin, I pay what it cost.. There is fire..

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Habs aren't trading Plekanec. DD is the one and Habs would need to add a prospect.

DD+Sergachev+Montreals 2017 1st rounder for Duchene might work, I only said Plekanec for cap reasons. According to Capfriendly Montreal only about $1.5 million to spend at the TDL. DD makes $3.5 million and is a pending UFA this summer so that might entice Sakic pretty sure Sakic would just want Sergachev+1st any ways.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
To mtl

duchene
2nd 2018

to col

plekanec
hudon
sergachev
1st 2017

or

if they dont want sergachev cuz he is too young

duchene grigorenko for dd, gallagher, beaulieu 1st

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
DD+Sergachev+Montreals 2017 1st rounder for Duchene might work, I only said Plekanec for cap reasons. According to Capfriendly Montreal only about $1.5 million to spend at the TDL. DD makes $3.5 million and is a pending UFA this summer so that might entice Sakic pretty sure Sakic would just want Sergachev+1st any ways.

Probably looking for another roster player too. someone young enough and cheap enough.

maybe DD, Sergachev, Macaron 1st

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
To mtl

duchene
2nd 2018

to col

plekanec
hudon
sergachev
1st 2017

or

Yeah the Avs won't give up a high pick in a deal where they ship out Duchene AND take on a capdump.

The deal should be Duchene + Beauch/Iggy (each @50%)/Grigo for Sergachev, Scherbak, DD (if Plekanec I want another 2nd added going to the Avs)+ (preferably 2018 ) 1st round pick.

In reality, Sakic is probably asking for Beaulieu+ Sergachev + 1st but I don't think MTL can give up both...

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
If MB can somehow land Duchene with a cap dump, Beaulieu and a 1st instead of having Sergachev in the mix I'll lose it. :laugh:

The OP makes it sound like it's a top 4 D and not a blue chip prospect Avs are even after, which for a team in last place is very puzzling. They're going to be drafting high this year, they should sell off everything and do a full rebuild keeping only young players like MacKinnon and a couple others.

Why waste your time with an established 2nd pairing guy for example, when you can have an 18yr old with higher upside who will fit more-so with the age group of your future team? Chances are they could land Nolan Patrick, so I can see why they're considering moving Duchene.

All this being said, I think Duchene is an amazing fit for Montreal. I'm all for Habs going after Duchene and landing him, because in recent years big name players didn't get the return fans expected IMO and Bergevin seems pretty cheap when it comes to most trades.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Obviously the Avs would want Sergachev and a first as a start.

Not sure what the Avs needs are, other things the Habs can offer are:

- Habs have two solid goalie prospects in McNiven (can turn pro next year) and Lindgren (an AHL all-star in his first year pro).
- Nikita Scherbak, former first rounder who has top 6 potential
- Habs also have multiple second rounders (5 in the next two drafts)
- Hudon, has done well in the AHL and when called up to the NHL.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yeah not really sure if the Av fans are interested in Plekanec, But for the cap to work for the Habs pretty sure he would need to be included in the deal.

Plekanec is a good vet with a good attitude. Train hard off the ice. Very good shape for his age. He's a pro. Lot of experience at every level both in regular season, playoffs and international.

If you are retooling for the next 2 season and need some big vet contracts to reach the floor Plekanec is a very good option. He's the kind of vet you want around your kids.

Not saying he is adding value to the trade but he's certainly a guy i would not mind being included if i'm retooling and getting some high quality prospects.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
To mtl

duchene
2nd 2018

to col

plekanec
hudon
sergachev
1st 2017

or

If the Avs get offered this for a 60 point C they take it and run.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If the Avs get offered this for a 60 point C they take it and run.

They really don't.

And stop with the 60 point ********.

The NHL is different than it was when you were young.

Over multiple seasons (not just guys having one good season):

60+ points is a pretty good season for any 1st liner right now....

70+ is superstar level production

PPG and above is elite level.

And noone is trading 70+-PPG guys in this league. So Duchene is as good as it probably gets for the trade market when it comes to players on good contracts with multiple years left on their contracts......

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
In reality, Sakic is probably asking for Beaulieu+ Sergachev + 1st but I don't think MTL can give up both...

I don't think they can give up Sergachev. If Markov was 30-31, by all means upgrade the offense by trading the prospect.

MB loves his d-men... Tinordi didn't pan out, we're still not sure about Beaulieu... and Markov is retiring relatively soon. Sergachev's upside, you could argue, is Gonchar territory.

If MB does this, it's out of character for him - and the Habs better win a cup this year or next year.

habs86

Aug 19, 2005
Kingston Ontario
sorry but why would you want to get rid of Gallagher ? he is a spark plug we havent had in years......FFS shake some heads around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad