Rumor: Duchene for...? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Feels like Duchene for Faulk is just moving a hole around. Avs are very thin up top and without Duchene, we're going to have Bourque, Colborne/Grigorenko, Söderberg/Iginla on the top six. Three of them. If that doesn't scare you, you are more optimistic than I am.

I could buy Duchene for Sergachev+ as a signal that it's going to be a while. It buys a lot more time than a Faulk will. This is a lost year and chances are next year will be as well. Avs window has been completely screwed up by now.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't want to imagine how good Landeskog would look on McDavid's wing. Would probably pot 40 goals every season.

Landeskog has put up similar points to Lucic his entire career. Albeit he's younger and faster, but I doubt he'd get 40 goals, probably would increase his point totals by 10-15 points though.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I don't want to imagine how good Landeskog would look on McDavid's wing. Would probably pot 40 goals every season.

40 seems high he would for certain get over 30 each season however. I don't even want to think what a Landy McDavid would do the oppostion, McDavid has incredible hands and speed, and Landeskog is a very talented two way powerfoward. They would gel very well together.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Landeskog has put up similar points to Lucic his entire career. Albeit he's younger and faster, but I doubt he'd get 40 goals, probably would increase his point totals by 10-15 points though.

i don't think 40 is likely but lucic is showing some pretty heavy signs that he's breaking down. lucic also has played with linemates in boston that were very good fits for him, helping his goal-scoring.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Feels like Duchene for Faulk is just moving a hole around. Avs are very thin up top and without Duchene, we're going to have Bourque, Colborne/Grigorenko, Söderberg/Iginla on the top six. Three of them. If that doesn't scare you, you are more optimistic than I am.

I could buy Duchene for Sergachev+ as a signal that it's going to be a while. It buys a lot more time than a Faulk will. This is a lost year and chances are next year will be as well. Avs window has been completely screwed up by now.

Perhaps, but for me, any movement of the core is more about shaking it up than it is about filling one hole while creating another. Any Duchene for Faulk would also come with the Avs selecting a player with top 6 talent from the draft. While also including Barrie being traded for a really good 2nd line centre/wnger as well.

Team's core would then exist of...

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
2016 Pick - Jost - Barrie Forward

Zadorov - Faulk
Bigras - Johnson

Martin

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Feels like Duchene for Faulk is just moving a hole around

It's funny because everyone wanted to make that trade just last summer. Of course, that was back when we thought we could be a playoff team and that we could score goals, but still. If ultimately we can't get any younger dman I'd do it. Faulk is 1+ year younger than Duchene and dmen's prime is usually later in their career.

Faulk would still have a few years left of prime when/if the team is ready to compete.

Last edited:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
What do you guys think EJ's value is right now? I haven't watched a ton of Avs hockey, but I've typically come away impressed with some of his plays in the D-zone. Any lingering injury concerns?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
What do you guys think EJ's value is right now? I haven't watched a ton of Avs hockey, but I've typically come away impressed with some of his plays in the D-zone. Any lingering injury concerns?

He's a top pairing defensman and only 28, so that should make his value should incredibly high...but I imagine injuries+contract bring his value down quite a bit. I'd say he's far more valuable to the Avs than other clubs considering how poor the defense is. I don't think there's any real chance of him getting moved.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
He's a top pairing defensman and only 28, so that should make his value should incredibly high...but I imagine injuries+contract bring his value down quite a bit. I'd say he's far more valuable to the Avs than other clubs considering how poor the defense is. I don't think there's any real chance of him getting moved.

Well, I was wondering where this Duchene for Faulk idea is supposed to fit with your right side, presumably, consisting of EJ and Barrie after him. Do you really think his contract would be seen as a negative? 6m doesn't seem so bad for a top pairing, arguably(?) #1D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad