Confirmed with Link: Duchene (and Bergman) to CBJ for Abramov, Davidsson, 1st(top 3 prot), and cond. 1st(on re-sign)

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It would be like trading a 1st, Balcers and Formenton for Duchene.

The thing I find most interesting about it is whether we want them to go on a run or not. If they do then Duchene could possibly resign - if they don’t he might not. So would we rather 15th overall in 2019 or say 26th overall and possibly a chance at that 2020 1st?
I think both Balcers and Formenton are the superior guys pretty handily

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
November 2018 – Davidsson has been loaned to Djurgardens IF of the SHL to start the 2018-2019 season. Through seven games, he has registered five points. He is a strong skater with a quick first step, very good acceleration and above average top end speed even while playmaking. He needs to get stronger, improve his balance, and his defensive game and positioning if he wants to play in the NHL . He signed an entry level contract with the Blue Jackets this past May so he is expected to help the big club soon. Expect a year of improvement in the SHL before coming to North America in 2019-2020 where he will compete for a middle-six role. Frank Pellegrini

Who the heck is Frank Pellegrini? Couldnt find anything on google

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think both Balcers and Formenton are the superior guys pretty handily

Which is concerning. The problem is we're not getting any blue chip prospects back in any of the trades. Maybe it's wishful thinking, and for these rentals you would never get a blue chipper. On the other hand Duchene and Stone are pretty high skilled guys, so maybe a better GM could squeeze out better returns.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What’s your evaluation of him? Sorry if you already posted it earlier in the thread, but you always give a good analysis of prospects,especially ones from the Q.
Very slick offensively
Smart
Very small
Skating isn't great for a guy that size
Goes to the dirty areas

If he's able to translate to a pro game in the NHL, we'd be very happy, but I'd be surprised.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So what do you think he is then?
A very small offensive winger, there is nothing else he can be. That is what he needs to be in order to make the NHL.

Like other guys like him out of the Q (and CHL in general), he's struggled in the pro game comparatively at a young age.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Very slick offensively
Smart
Very small
Skating isn't great for a guy that size
Goes to the dirty areas

If he's able to translate to a pro game in the NHL, we'd be very happy, but I'd be surprised.
Yeah I noticed the skating. I’m skeptical of small guys who aren’t fast twitch.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Stanley Cup Champions

• 2018: Washington Capitals, Coach Barry Trotz
  • 2017: Pittsburgh Penguins, Coach Mike Sullivan
  • 2016: Pittsburgh Penguins, Coach Mike Sullivan
  • 2015: Chicago Blackhawks, Coach Joel Quenneville
  • 2014: Los Angeles Kings, Coach Darryl Sutter
  • 2013: Chicago Blackhawks, Coach Joel Quenneville
  • 2012: Los Angeles Kings, Coach Darryl Sutter
  • 2011: Boston Bruins, Coach Claude Julien
  • 2010: Chicago Blackhawks, Coach Joel Quenneville
  • 2009: Pittsburgh Penguins, Coach Dan Bylsma
  • 2008: Detroit Red Wings, Coach Mike Babcock
All mostly built through the draft.
Kept their 1st round lottery picks or built through organizational excellence. All things we do not possess.

Reactions: Emerica

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah I noticed the skating. I’m skeptical of small guys who aren’t fast twitch.
Just from the highlights, he seems to be quite agile, and have good acceleration. He also makes moves at speed with the puck. He's not a burner, but from what I can tell his skating is by no means going to hold him back.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Maybe Columbus dealingvwith florida and some of those pieces come back to us. Dorion may want Hoffman in the deal. It’s all a lot to digest when you add the Turris, Bowers, Hughes price tag. Never mind exchanging picks.
I can not think of a high profile trade were this has happened.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think you probably have very little to base this statement on.
Formenton - recent 2 round pick who has been among every top 50 prospects list, we've all been paying attention to him for 2 years
Balcers - 21/22 year old succeeding in the AHL and NHL

Davidsson - 21/22 year old old putting up marginal numbers in the SHL. Sum worth more than the parts player. Hasn't played in NA yet.
Abramov - recent 3rd round diminutive offensive dynamo struggling after jumping up to pro.

I saw well over 10 games of Abramov over the past 3 years in the Q.

What do you have to base this on?

Last edited:

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Duchene should have been dealt last year when it was obvious the team was spiralling. But no, deal Karlsson and "fix" the room. Just f***ing stupid. If the intent was to rebuild in February last year then last year was the time to fully embrace a scorched earth model - take back contracts to improve returns, go all in with Stone and make him captain, and embrace a couple of bad years. But this f***ing clown Melnyk and his f***ing puppet Dorion know more than everyone else...and here we are. The exodus of stars continues with underwhelming returns, the new arena deal is on life-support at best, and this jackass of a GM is asking fans to be patient. Cannot wait to see how this works out.

Reactions: Engineer

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Duchene should have been dealt last year when it was obvious the team was spiralling. But no, deal Karlsson and "fix" the room. Just ****ing stupid. If the intent was to rebuild in February last year then last year was the time to fully embrace a scorched earth model - take back contracts to improve returns, go all in with Stone and make him captain, and embrace a couple of bad years. But this ****ing clown Melnyk and his ****ing puppet Dorion know more than everyone else...and here we are. The exodus of stars continues with underwhelming returns, the new arena deal is on life-support at best, and this jackass of a GM is asking fans to be patient. Cannot wait to see how this works out.
Yeah there have been stages to this rebuild. Or alternate paths. The first thing tried was “trade karlsson and see if we’re better after”. Incompetence at its highest (lowest?) level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad