Confirmed with Link: Duchene (and Bergman) to CBJ for Abramov, Davidsson, 1st(top 3 prot), and cond. 1st(on re-sign)

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Formenton - recent 2 round pick who has been among every top 50 prospects list, we've all been paying attention to him for 2 years
Balcers - 21/22 year old succeeding in the AHL and NHL

Davidsson - 21/22 year old old putting up marginal numbers in the SHL. Sum worth more than the parts player. Hasn't played in NA yet.
Abramov - recent 3rd round diminutive offensive dynamo struggling after jumping up to pro.

I saw well over 10 games of Abramov over the past 3 years in the Q.

What do you have to base this on?
So the stat lines of Davidson and you saw Abramov but probably didn't zero in on him in particular. Just pointing out how silly it is to make player vs players comparisons for four different players who mostly played in four different leagues. Pro scouts might say "I don't know" if asked this question.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
So the stat lines of Davidson and you saw Abramov but probably didn't zero in on him in particular. Just pointing out how silly it is to make player vs players comparisons for four different players who mostly played in four different leagues. Pro scouts might say "I don't know" if asked this question.

How do you think scouts rank prospects? That's exactly what they do it's literally their only task...

It's not silly at all to make player to player comparisons otherwise how would you be able to choose a player over another one? When making trades or at the draft..

Like I do not see the logic at all in this comment.

Reactions: BondraTime

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yes, the stat line and WJC of Davidsson, seeing a ton of games of Formenton, seeing a ton of games of Balcers, and seeing a ton of games of Abramov, along with hearing what scouts thought of Abramov.

Of course I zero'd in on Abramov, he was the best player in the Q for 2 years.

How do you think prospect list's are made league wide?

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Yeah there have been stages to this rebuild. Or alternate paths. The first thing tried was “trade karlsson and see if we’re better after”. Incompetence at its highest (lowest?) level.

Regrettably, I dont think we've seen the highest (worst) level yet...

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Still not buying it.

... What are you not buying?

Based on your comment I don't think you know much about any of those 4 prospects so it's hard for me to really want to argue with you the value of 4 prospects when you don't even think scouts can do it when it's their job to do just that.

You're arguing that we can't differenciate the value of prospects..

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This is what I'm arguing.

I mean... Speak for yourself? Abramov played in Gat, Formenton is a very well known prospect if you watch a bit of OHL hockey, Davidsson played at the WJC, there are tons of scouting reports on all of these players from people who it is their job to do just that.

It's not because you don't watch hockey outside the NHL that nobody does either.

FWIW Bondratime is one of the most knowledgeable poster here when it comes to prospects.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Just because you don't doesn't mean others don't
If i asked two days ago, could you have even told me which farm system Davidsson was in? Would you have known his first name? I can pull up similar prospects and test you if you'd like.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If i asked two days ago, could you have even told me which farm system Davidsson was in? Would you have known his first name? I can pull up similar prospects and test you if you'd like.

Abramov is one of the most known prospects in the area.. I even work with a women in her 40s that offers a room to new players that play for Gatineau and Abramov stayed in her house......

I've seen a ton and a ton of games of him in Gat...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yes, he played for Sweden in the World Juniors,...

Go right ahead, though you do realise we are on the internet correct? If we were at the rink or a bar, for sure

Would you have known Abramov?

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011

Go right ahead, though you do realise we are on the internet correct?

What year did he play at the World Junior Tournament?

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
What year did he play at the World Junior Tournament?

He didn't. For some reason he was the last cut. But he was with the team in Canada 2017 and played the pre-tournament games. His brother played the year after though

Had a secondary in a 3-2 win today. Might have left the game with an injury in the end, don't think he played in the last couple of minutes after taking a hit.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
He didn't. For some reason he was the last cut. But he was with the team in Canada 2017 and played the pre-tournament games. His brother played the year after though

Thanks, was looking through the years and couldn’t find his name.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

Go right ahead, though you do realise we are on the internet correct? If we were at the rink or a bar, for sure

Don't confuse me calling out people pretending to know these guys with me claiming to know them. And i know you know your stuff, but I'm still calling bs on this one. Fwiw you compared balcers to our 10th best prospect after the Karlsson trade. Now that you've seen him he's better than some other guy you haven't seen.

Happens all the time on these boards.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Lost in all this is how our RW prospect depth is finally looking respectable.

Before this trade it was basically just Batherson... Now we've added two guys there and I feel all our forward positions have some good depth to them.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Don't confuse me calling out people pretending to know these guys with me claiming to know them. And i know you know your stuff, but I'm still calling bs on this one. Fwiw you compared balcers to our 10th best prospect after the Karlsson trade. Now that you've seen him he's better than some other guy you haven't seen.

Happens all the time on these boards.
I'm not pretending to know these guys, they aren't exactly unheard of prospects, anyone who follows the CHL, especially the Q, knows Abramov (I talked about him him a ton in our draft threads in 2016, a ton), and Davidsson was one of the most talked about guys this preseason after he was last cut from the Blue Jackets. You can call BS all you like, that's perfectly fine.

Tkachuk
Brown
Batherson
Formenton
Chlapik
Balcers/Norris

Those were the forwards I had above him at the start of October from his thread (way off on White), he's around the same here now, basically on par with Chlapik. Add in JBD, Wolanin, Jaros, Lajoie, he is still around 8ish with Tkachuk gone.

1. Tkachuk
2. Batherson
3. JBD
4. Brown
5. Formenton
6. Wolanin
7. Norris
8. Balcers
9. Chlapik
10. Tychonik

That's from a month ago.

I still think Balcers is in that same grouping, with Abramov there with him.

And I have seen these guys, as I already mentioned.

Last edited:

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Lost in all this is how our RW prospect depth is finally looking respectable.

Before this trade it was basically just Batherson... Now we've added two guys there and I feel all our forward positions have some good depth to them.
Remember the last time we had good right wingers? Not sure if you were a fan back then. Alfie, Hossa and Havlat on 3 different lines, then throw them all together on the powerplay.
Centre depth was like..White/Bonk/Fisher no star 1c until Spezza arrived but we we're capable of making the playoffs without the 1c .

And then a d core in their prime of Chara,Redden and Phillips.

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
Yeah there have been stages to this rebuild. Or alternate paths. The first thing tried was “trade karlsson and see if we’re better after”. Incompetence at its highest (lowest?) level.

This is the only way that their decision to hold onto Stone/Duchesne for so long and to trade Karlsson/Hoffman for in large part current NHL players makes any sense. In their fantasy world they thought that dispatching Karlsson and Hoffman and a bounce back season from others would land them in, or near, a playoff spot. Despite fielding the worst NHL defence corps I can remember and all stats/logic pointing otherwise/being one of the worst teams last season with a better roster.

They are completely incompetent.

Reactions: Deku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad