Confirmed with Link: Duchene (and Bergman) to CBJ for Abramov, Davidsson, 1st(top 3 prot), and cond. 1st(on re-sign)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So some magic beans,and a mid to late first pick...Pretty much the crap most expected,ty PD

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This is the only way that their decision to hold onto Stone/Duchesne for so long and to trade Karlsson/Hoffman for in large part current NHL players makes any sense. In their fantasy world they thought that dispatching Karlsson and Hoffman and a bounce back season from others would land them in, or near, a playoff spot. Despite fielding the worst NHL defence corps I can remember and all stats/logic pointing otherwise/being one of the worst teams last season with a better roster.

They are completely incompetent.
Yeah I honestly believe thebplayoffs we’re their goal. And I think if we’re close to the playoffs next year you’ll see this “plan” scraped and dorion will be a buyer at the deadline.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Duchene should have been dealt last year when it was obvious the team was spiralling. But no, deal Karlsson and "fix" the room. Just ****ing stupid. If the intent was to rebuild in February last year then last year was the time to fully embrace a scorched earth model - take back contracts to improve returns, go all in with Stone and make him captain, and embrace a couple of bad years. But this ****ing clown Melnyk and his ****ing puppet Dorion know more than everyone else...and here we are. The exodus of stars continues with underwhelming returns, the new arena deal is on life-support at best, and this jackass of a GM is asking fans to be patient. Cannot wait to see how this works out.

Dorion is out of touch with reality. He is so wound up in himself and how he feels , he cannot understand that his players would not feel the same way.. I think before he and Melnyk set out their step-less plan where Karlsson was the first major casualty (if we don't count Hoffman) it would have behooved him to get some feedback from his key core players ... Duchene said he did not want to be part of a rebuild when he got here.. How did Karlsson feel about it? How did Stone? So based on totally wrong assumptions he's screwed this team as bad as anyone could ... while trying in earnest to make it what he thinks is better.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry if I sounded was sarcastic toward your comment. I intended to reinforce your observation about Dorion being delusional.
I do recall the list of veterans.
Luckily I was about to fill up my car and had stopped driving when I heard him speak.

I did not think your comment was sarcastic towards mine. I was surprised by the text in the quotations where Dorion says he is “confident in my hockey abilities as a GM to make good trades for the rebuild”. I could not believe he would say that. It looks like something someone would write and attribute to him.

Anyway, we two as well as many others think Dorion is delusional as well as a BS PR spinner.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
You don't believe him, yet put up no opposing argument.
Bonrda knows what he is talking about. If you can believe somebody on prospects .. He is a good bet around here. I think you are arguing for the sake of it ; but feel free to make an opposing argument that has some basis in experience .. I will listen
You're right that I'm arguing for the sake of it at this point, and I agree about bondratime and his knowledge. I suspect we won this trade or at least got fair value. Some people are shitting on the deal without knowing thing 1 about these prospects, which irks me. That's just their default position these days for all things sens. It wasn't even bondra. Time will tell how it all plays out. I have no idea about these new guys and how they'll stack up.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You're right that I'm arguing for the sake of it at this point, and I agree about bondratime and his knowledge. I suspect we won this trade or at least got fair value. Some people are ****ting on the deal without knowing thing 1 about these prospects, which irks me. That's just their default position these days for all things sens. It wasn't even bondra. Time will tell how it all plays out. I have no idea about these new guys and how they'll stack up.
Watch Abramov tonight ... have to wait and see how these guys do.. If they can take another step .. continue to develop and carve out roles in Ottawa.. I think overall people are upset at watching their team be dismantled.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
Can't really do that, they're independent trades. We didn't trade Tarasenko and a second for Turris, we traded Rundblad.
so, if Colorado gets Hughes with our first that we gave away for Dushene, we can't really look at that ?....I can...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You're right that I'm arguing for the sake of it at this point, and I agree about bondratime and his knowledge. I suspect we won this trade or at least got fair value. Some people are ****ting on the deal without knowing thing 1 about these prospects, which irks me. That's just their default position these days for all things sens. It wasn't even bondra. Time will tell how it all plays out. I have no idea about these new guys and how they'll stack up.

For what it's worth, Formenton was 25th on TSN's recent top 100 NHL affiliated prospects, none of Balcers, Davidsson or Abramov cracked the list.

Pronman's midseason rankings (again out of 100 I believe) had Formenton at around 49, Balcers Davidsson and Abramov un-ranked.

Balcers had a much smother transition to the AHL, so it's understandable that people would rank him ahead of Abramov imo, but I know far less about Balcers and Abramov. Formenton though is easily more well regarded when it comes to the prospect ranking folks though, there was nothing particularly unique about BondraTime's opinion there.

From everything I can gather; we got two B level prospects; guys that are potential NHL players. Personally, I see them in a similar light to Chlapik, perhaps a touch behind because of their size.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I would have taken Wennberg and the 1st to be honest, yeah he has a shitty contract, but he can play in the NHL and has done well in the past. Ah well.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I would have taken Wennberg and the 1st to be honest, yeah he has a ****ty contract, but he can play in the NHL and has done well in the past. Ah well.

I don't think they would trade Wennberg for a rental. They will probably try to swap him for a similarly-struggling player who could turn it around

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So Where does Stone go?

I am sure Dorion has at least a 1st , Petan, Stanley in his back pocket... I would say get serious.. There has to be a good deal to be had for Stone. I just want one young bonafide top 6 forward or top 4 D prospect/young player in the return. I would guess Roslovic is probably as close as we will get from Winnipeg

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
And there’s your plan folks.

Meanwhile we keep getting disappointed by the results of waiting until the last minute to figure things out.

Have you ever read the definition of insanity by chance?
If i say we will get good players, someone responds with no we won't and how will we keep them or some other subject.. We're in the process of tearing it down and you want me to answer stuff about who,how,why and when our young players re-sign when I don't really see the point right now.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So Where does Stone go?

I am sure Dorion has at least a 1st , Petan, Stanley in his back pocket... I would say get serious.. There has to be a good deal to be had for Stone. I just want one young bonafide top 6 forward or top 4 D prospect/young player in the return. I would guess Roslovic is probably as close as we will get from Winnipeg

Nashville to play with Turris

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
THere is an element of luck there though. Both those teams were fortunate to be bad enough to get first overall picks when key franchise players were available. And other high picks when there were studs in the top five. Especially with the lottery . . . Ottawa desperately needs to get a couple blue chip sure fire stud players from their first rounders next year and next. And hopefully take their later first round, and later round picks and steal some players.

If they don't . . . well they'll be a team full of middle 6 forwards, 2nd pair defensemen and no studs at the high end.

In some ways we need that though because we started losing the depth to sustain enough of those type of players.We had 1 line the last couple years, maybe 2 at some points but not really.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You know what a good hockey trade is for a team that is rebuilding?

Dallas & Calgary, trading Iginla for Neiuwendyk. Blue chip prospect (and I think another minor piece) for a strong, established NHLer. That's what Dorion should be going for.

Reactions: Bean Drown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad