Confirmed with Link: Duchene (and Bergman) to CBJ for Abramov, Davidsson, 1st(top 3 prot), and cond. 1st(on re-sign)

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Stanley Cup Champions

• 2018: Washington Capitals, Coach Barry Trotz
  • 2017: Pittsburgh Penguins, Coach Mike Sullivan
  • 2016: Pittsburgh Penguins, Coach Mike Sullivan
  • 2015: Chicago Blackhawks, Coach Joel Quenneville
  • 2014: Los Angeles Kings, Coach Darryl Sutter
  • 2013: Chicago Blackhawks, Coach Joel Quenneville
  • 2012: Los Angeles Kings, Coach Darryl Sutter
  • 2011: Boston Bruins, Coach Claude Julien
  • 2010: Chicago Blackhawks, Coach Joel Quenneville
  • 2009: Pittsburgh Penguins, Coach Dan Bylsma
  • 2008: Detroit Red Wings, Coach Mike Babcock
All mostly built through the draft.

The draft? You mean homegrown guys like Stone and Dzingel?

Reactions: Acidrain66

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Stanley Cup Champions

• 2018: Washington Capitals, Coach Barry Trotz
  • 2017: Pittsburgh Penguins, Coach Mike Sullivan
  • 2016: Pittsburgh Penguins, Coach Mike Sullivan
  • 2015: Chicago Blackhawks, Coach Joel Quenneville
  • 2014: Los Angeles Kings, Coach Darryl Sutter
  • 2013: Chicago Blackhawks, Coach Joel Quenneville
  • 2012: Los Angeles Kings, Coach Darryl Sutter
  • 2011: Boston Bruins, Coach Claude Julien
  • 2010: Chicago Blackhawks, Coach Joel Quenneville
  • 2009: Pittsburgh Penguins, Coach Dan Bylsma
  • 2008: Detroit Red Wings, Coach Mike Babcock
All mostly built through the draft.

Washington: Ovechkin 1st OA, Backstrom 4th OA,
Pens: Crosby 1st OA, Malkin 2nd OA,
Chicago: Kane 1st OA, Toews 3rd OA
LA: Doughty 2nd OA, Kopitar 11th (traded Schenn 5th, and Simmonds for Richards)

Those teams were built by bottoming out and picking high when elite talent came up.

It's easy to say great teams are built through the draft, but in order for us to follow the model that got those 4 teams their cups, we'll need to tank and pick top 3 another couple times which is easier said than in the past thanks to the draft lottery.

No doubt, drafting is very important, but right now, we're going though all the pain those teams did but we won't get the benefit of a Kane/Crosby/Malkin/Doughty/Ovechkin out of it.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I don't want to read all these pages, so what does Ottawa get if the CBJ 2019 goes top 3?

Is there conditional compenstation ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Watch us trade Stone for a conditional first too, and then the team that we trade him to signs Duchene in the offseason, and Clb signs Stone...

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I’m okay with the trade if he resigns. I would have expected Foudy as a part of the return but the Players Dorian got have higher offensive upsides. I mean one of the players he gets from these trades has to pan out.... right?
Lost in this is that if he resigns we’ll have 3 first round picks for next year and that’s not including the Stone trade. Next years draft IMO is the deepest since 2015 so it’s a good year to be getting picks.
Although the trade that brought Duchene to Ottawa was horrendously bad. We need to move on from it now that he’s out of Ottawa. I mean we actually acquired a Russian. Things are changing lmao

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Mark Stone ++ for Mat Tkatchuk
Since we play CGY?

And Brady is friend with his bro

PD type of trade

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
I suppose worry about that when we get there or closer to it. Some players will want to sign until the ufa years like Matthews.

And there’s your plan folks.

Meanwhile we keep getting disappointed by the results of waiting until the last minute to figure things out.

Have you ever read the definition of insanity by chance?

Reactions: Deku

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
October 2018 – Abramov has been assigned to the AHL’s Cleveland Monsters to start the 2018-2019 season. He underwent wrist surgery in May which prevented him for participating in the Traverse City prospects tournament. Abramov will be healthy to start his AHL campaign and is going to continue dazzling hockey fans with his speed, creativity, wicked release and fearlessness to drive the net. While not yet NHL ready, do not be surprised if he is called up by the Blue Jackets later this year. With star level upside, expect Abramov to debut in the NHL as a full-time top-six winger in 2019-2020. Frank Pellegrini

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
November 2018 – Davidsson has been loaned to Djurgardens IF of the SHL to start the 2018-2019 season. Through seven games, he has registered five points. He is a strong skater with a quick first step, very good acceleration and above average top end speed even while playmaking. He needs to get stronger, improve his balance, and his defensive game and positioning if he wants to play in the NHL . He signed an entry level contract with the Blue Jackets this past May so he is expected to help the big club soon. Expect a year of improvement in the SHL before coming to North America in 2019-2020 where he will compete for a middle-six role. Frank Pellegrini

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Hey, I'm not too sure if this has been addressed in the past 34 pages, but I've read mixed reports on Abramov's skating and a few people in here have described as a weakness. I have had literally ZERO viewings of him to date, so any info is appreciated. Can anyone confirm if it's a strength or weakness?

Strength:

TSP: Top Columbus Blue Jackets Prospects - Last Word on Hockey

Vitali Abramov

The Draft Analyst | Draft Profile: Vitalii Abramov

https://thehockeywriters.com/vitali-abramov-the-next-ones-nhl-2016-draft-prospect-profile/

2016 NHL Draft prospect profile: Vitali Abramov is an offensive juggernaut in a small package

Thanks!

R2010

May 23, 2011
It would be like trading a 1st, Balcers and Formenton for Duchene.

The thing I find most interesting about it is whether we want them to go on a run or not. If they do then Duchene could possibly resign - if they don’t he might not. So would we rather 15th overall in 2019 or say 26th overall and possibly a chance at that 2020 1st?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It would be like trading a 1st, Balcers and Formenton for Duchene.

The thing I find most interesting about it is whether we want them to go on a run or not. If they do then Duchene could possibly resign - if they don’t he might not. So would we rather 15th overall in 2019 or say 26th overall and possibly a chance at that 2020 1st?
unfortunately I think its a little worse than that; but close enough I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad