Injury Report: Dubinsky to IR (UPDATE: Off IR; Returning 12/9 vs PHI)

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I do hope Dubie's return leads to a win tonite. Otherwise the story book ending will be destroyed.

thebus2288*

My theory is that they want to give the C to someone who isn't quite as intense as Dubi. .

I agree he can sometimes be "hot headed", but isn't that exactly what everybody has been asking for during the losing streak? He's not like Hartnell, who can get a little "out of control" or let his emotions affect his game. An "intense" Dubi is probably the best Dubi. Just make sure he's rolled tight. Jenner and Foligno are also quite intense as well but I can see them being TOO NICE for true captain responsibilities. I get what you're saying but personally I don't see it as a negative at all.

He's definitely the top leader on this team, which is great, but he's also the type that could burn out the room when things aren't going well. That would be quite the awkward situation if he was wearing a C. Giving the C to Jenner instead doesn't mean Dubi is less of a leader.

Like the latest streak, sometimes you NEED a Dubi to burn out the room when things aren't going well. Again, isn't a "spark" the exact thing this team has needed the last month or so? Like you say he IS our leader anyway, so any awkward situation will still happen, letter or not. But really, what type of situation are you even hinting at? Dubi seems like a pretty good leader/lead by example type guy. If there's anybody that butts heads with Dubi because of the type of leader/captain he is, I'd like to see that person shipped out asap.

Overall its really not THAT big of a deal, to me or the team. But I have to say it prolly DOES bother him a little bit. I just don't see the advantage in giving it to Boone or Nick over Dubi.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree he can sometimes be "hot headed", but isn't that exactly what everybody has been asking for during the losing streak? He's not like Hartnell, who can get a little "out of control" or let his emotions affect his game. An "intense" Dubi is probably the best Dubi. Just make sure he's rolled tight. Jenner and Foligno are also quite intense as well but I can see them being TOO NICE for true captain responsibilities. I get what you're saying but personally I don't see it as a negative at all.

Like the latest streak, sometimes you NEED a Dubi to burn out the room when things aren't going well. Again, isn't a "spark" the exact thing this team has needed the last month or so? Like you say he IS our leader anyway, so any awkward situation will still happen, letter or not. But really, what type of situation are you even hinting at? Dubi seems like a pretty good leader/lead by example type guy. If there's anybody that butts heads with Dubi because of the type of leader/captain he is, I'd like to see that person shipped out asap.

Overall its really not THAT big of a deal, to me or the team. But I have to say it prolly DOES bother him a little bit. I just don't see the advantage in giving it to Boone or Nick over Dubi.

Everytime we have this conversation people start conflating the organic leadership of this team with "the C". I'm at a loss at trying to explain it.

Dubi without the C is still our leader, capable of pushing his teammates. He isn't really missing anything not having the letter. Everyone agrees he's the leader, so there's no difference.

But for those times when he pushes a little too hard and alienates his teammates (there have been instances in the past where he alienates his teammates, here and in New York), the team isn't in the awkward position where they have to quit on their captain. Just other leaders step up and Dubi probably wins everyone back at some point. That's what organic leadership is. Its flexible in a way that appointed leadership is not.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Everytime we have this conversation people start conflating the organic leadership of this team with "the C". I'm at a loss at trying to explain it.

Dubi without the C is still our leader, capable of pushing his teammates. He isn't really missing anything not having the letter. Everyone agrees he's the leader, so there's no difference.

But for those times when he pushes a little too hard and alienates his teammates (there have been instances in the past where he alienates his teammates, here and in New York), the team isn't in the awkward position where they have to quit on their captain. Just other leaders step up and Dubi probably wins everyone back at some point. That's what organic leadership is. Its flexible in a way that appointed leadership is not.

That's an interesting take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad