Dubas was at the Calgary/NYR game

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but don't the Leafs stay on the hook for his cap if he retires, even if he retires on another team. Something about 25+ contracts and it always falling on the team who signed him?

35+ you mean.

There is something about recapture amounts, and I don't know the formula, but I believe that impacts teams with players who had cap circumvention scenario's like Shea Weber.

See: Possible NHL Salary Cap Recapture Candidates | Spectors Hockey

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
When we pay the signing bonus for Marleau he should be tradeable.

NMC. Only way out is if he gets 'injured' or gets traded to a team with his consent, bought out and then re-signs with the Leafs.

If we don't win the Cup this year, I can't imagine Marleau wanting to waive that NMC to go anywhere but back to SJ and they will likely have their own cap problems.

Reactions: ACC1224

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Paying the Bonus doesn't remove the NMC.

I hope he will waive but I doubt it since his family seems happy here. Awful contract that we all knew would be a problem in the final year. Hopefully Dubas can do something about it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I hope he will waive but I doubt it since his family seems happy here. Awful contract that we all knew would be a problem in the final year. Hopefully Dubas can do something about it.
I think we just need to accept the fact that he will be here next season.
If somehow he isn't, take it as a pleasant surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad