Dubas was at the Calgary/NYR game

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
id take Jacob chychryn and perlini off Arizona

I thought Arizona could be an interesting trade partner as well... I don't know that they'd do this, and Dvorak is currently injured, and has been a few times, but...

TO ARIZONA: Gardiner, Nylander and Brown.
TO TORONTO: Dvorak, Demers, Crouse and a Lottery Protected 1st round pick. (Protected from Top 3 pick)

Last edited:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So you hope Dermott is ready for Gardiner minutes AND hope one of the Marlies/scratches/player coming back is up to the LD3 spot.
Or you simply wait.

Dermott is already better than Gards in our end. Shatty can take Gards PP minutes. If Borgs and Rosen are not ready, then you move Haisey to #3LHD. You are no worse than we are now and you have an asset in Jake if he does not go to NYR for Shatty) that you can move. Makes the asset management folks happy as well cause God knows you don't want to see Gards walk for nothing like JVR, TyBo and Leo :)

Rielly Shatty/Z
Dermott Z/Shatty
Hainsey Oz

Not the greatest D but no worse than what we have now :)

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Dermott is already better than Gards in our end. Shatty can take Gards PP minutes. If Borgs and Rosen are not ready, then you move Haisey to #3LHD. You are no worse than we are now and you have an asset in Jake if he does not go to NYR for Shatty) that you can move. Makes the asset management folks happy as well cause God knows you don't want to see Gards walk for nothing like JVR, TyBo and Leo :)

Rielly Shatty/Z
Dermott Z/Shatty
Hainsey Oz

Not the greatest D but no worse than what we have now :)
Ya, no. We’re not doing that.

Reactions: Al14 and ToneDog

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
, Dubas was meeting Gross

Generally happy to hear if its in the 3years x 5m range...sure its not long term which means they may have to pay him a lot more down the road, but it also gives the Leafs tons of flexibility in terms of cap space for the next 3 years. And depending on where the cap is at that point, it may not be such a bad situation to sign him long term or if it is, then we'll have ample time to explore a trade. I mean he'll still be 25 and very much in his prime.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I thought Arizona could be an interesting trade partner as well... I don't know that they'd do this, and Dvorak is currently injured, and has been a few times, but...

TO ARIZONA: Gardiner, Nylander and Brown.
TO TORONTO: Dvorak, Demers, Crouse and a Lottery Protected 1st round pick.

haha that trade is gross, lewis gross. every Arizona player is worse than the leaf player they are replacing and well a 15-30 1st rnd pick is really nothing to get excited about

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I just want this to end so that Dubas can focus on other potential trades to upgrade this team.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
haha that trade is gross, lewis gross. every Arizona player is worse than the leaf player they are replacing and well a 15-30 1st rnd pick is really nothing to get excited about

The protection would be from top 3 pick only.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
..... If William finds out it's too NYR, that won't give him any incentive to end his holdout at all. If anything he will hold out longer to see if anything amounts. That stage is as large as Toronto's, and he has the chance to be the #1 star.

Dubas should have travelled to Winnipeg and took in a game there... just to scare Nylander :).

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Obviously, Dubas is about to make a panic move after losing 2 consecutive games. It'd be so consistent with his philosophy.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
..... If William finds out it's too NYR, that won't give him any incentive to end his holdout at all. If anything he will hold out longer to see if anything amounts. That stage is as large as Toronto's, and he has the chance to be the #1 star.

Dubas should have travelled to Winnipeg and took in a game there... just to scare Nylander :).
Well, Dubas can always travel with the team to Winnipeg for Wednesday's game!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Well, Dubas can always travel with the team to Winnipeg for Wednesday's game!

Haha, he needs to time himself perfectly for the moment he is on the jumbotron, so that he grabs cheveldayoffs hand and firmly shakes it.

Reactions: Al14

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
You have just coined a new saying.

...the way the leafs played last game was just lewis gross

Reactions: glue and Walshy7

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Generally happy to hear if its in the 3years x 5m range...sure its not long term which means they may have to pay him a lot more down the road, but it also gives the Leafs tons of flexibility in terms of cap space for the next 3 years. And depending on where the cap is at that point, it may not be such a bad situation to sign him long term or if it is, then we'll have ample time to explore a trade. I mean he'll still be 25 and very much in his prime.

3 years 5 million per is fine, but for me the writing is on the wall that William Nylander will not be a Maple Leaf once a contract like that expires. This entire situation will be remembered for a long time and not in a positive light among fans.

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
Wonder what it would cost to get Pesce and Faulk out of Carolina? I mean it would revamp our D line up. And we could move Gards for a top forward to play on the Matthews or Tavares line.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
3 years 5 million per is fine, but for me the writing is on the wall that William Nylander will not be a Maple Leaf once a contract like that expires. This entire situation will be remembered for a long time and not in a positive light among fans.

Though I wish it wasn’t the case, I unfortunately get the same feeling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->