Dubas was at the Calgary/NYR game

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Who would we even target on those teams?
Not sure really. Maybe Hanafin from Calgary? I just think it’s odd that Dubas was at that game. Not sure if those teams have been scouted by us recently, but usually if the GM is there to watch, it’s because something is in the works. No?

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
There's nothing that makes sense. I'd trade Nylander for Tkachuk though.

Thinking he was spending the night in NYR on his way home and decided to catch an NHL game.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I don't think this is Nylander related to be honest even though that's the one assumption everyone wants to make. It just seems weird that Dubas would fly all the way to Zurich just for one day to tell Nylander that he's not gonna trade him and that he's a part of long term plans then be working on a trade literally the same week. The one caveat of course is if Dubas went there and came to the conclusion that the situation is not salvageable and then decided it's best to try and trade him.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I don't think this is Nylander related to be honest even though that's the one assumption everyone wants to make. It just seems weird that Dubas would fly all the way to Zurich just for one day to tell Nylander that he's not gonna trade him and that he's a part of long term plans then be working on a trade literally the same week. The one caveat of course is if Dubas went there and came to the conclusion that the situation is not salvageable and then decided it's best to try and trade him.

I agree , I think there is too much focus on Nylander, we could trade other players to fill holes and shake up the team.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Or maybe he flew there to get an answer if hes goonna accept the the leafs offer or hes gonna get shopped around. And he didnt accept so now hes getting shopped. This is crazy, taking a month into the season to decide is stupid. Just trade him and move on.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Not sure really. Maybe Hanafin from Calgary? I just think it’s odd that Dubas was at that game. Not sure if those teams have been scouted by us recently, but usually if the GM is there to watch, it’s because something is in the works. No?

Not necessarily, it's not uncommon for GM's to travel to other cities to watch other teams. It could be as simple as Dubas was in NYC because of he was coming home from Switzerland and he decided to go to NYC for the weekend.

I wouldn't put too much into it.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I agree , I think there is too much focus on Nylander, we could trade other players to fill holes and shake up the team.

not to mention picks and prospects. trading nylander for anything less than a top pair D is a loss, a 1st and a prospect will get you a top 4 D why throw away an elite asset at his lowest possible value. Rangers and Flames don't have the type of dmen that would be worth trading nylander for

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Dregs mentioned Shattenkirk. Acquiring Shatty (not for Nylander) moves Z or Hainsey to #6 and gives us the option move to Jake out and Dermott up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad