Dubas vs. Dorion. Who is the better GM?

Dubas vs. Dorion. Who is the better GM?

• Total voters

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Dorion picks on Dubas. He knocks his textbooks out of his hands in the hallway, and shoves him in a locker. Dorion is the jock that Dubas has been trying to prove wrong with his poindexter approach to building a hockey team. But the jock wins every time. Always.

Err ok, get back to us when Dorion makes Dubas do this. :)

dorion-pierre.gif

Reactions: Atomos2

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
As a Rangers fan it’s easy to make fun of Dorion for trades like the Brassard for Mika+2nd trade but let’s remember that trade helped Ottawa beat NYR in the semi-finals back in 2017. That was Mika and Brassard’s first year with their new teams and Brassard had a great playoff run for Ottawa and propelling them past NYR, and ACTUALLY WINNING A ROUND

Dubas still hasn’t got the Leafs over the hump. They were never beating Tampa. Just like they didn’t beat the Habs and Blue Jackets the two seasons prior.

Dubas still has yet to make a single trade bigger than the one for Muzzin or Barrie. There’s also him trading Mason Marchment for Denis Malgin, then doubling down on it by signing Malgin again from the Swiss league

Still hasn’t acquired a legit goalie

Still hasn’t acquired a single top 4 RHD

Tavares was coming to the Leafs regardless. Same with Bunting. Other than that he really hasn’t done much but shuffle around the bottom 6 and hold onto 1 too many LHD at a time

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'm wondering if you are a leafs fan or just a dubas' fan. I don't understand how you can see the trajectory of the leafs pre dubas' and accept the current results and state of the team. He's wasted the leafs window.
I've been pretty critical of Dubas, feel free to go through my history if you like. What I don't understand is your obsession with this team and fanbase.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Dorians eye for talent is far superior to that of Dubas. Dorian is and has been handcuffed with zero money and resources and an insane owner who was meddling in every decision. Now compare that to wonder boy who was gifted all the autonomy and resources in the world and one might say thats a bit of an unfair playing field. I can only imagine what the outcomes would be if these GMs were in each others positions.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
too early to say. I get the sense Melynk was very hands on and may have limited Dorion. So lets see how he does with less oversight.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Weird response. All I said was that the players mentioned were no diamonds in the rough. But okay. You convinced me of... Eh.
Bunting? No? Soup? Who were either of these guys before playing in Toronto? And that's just two off the top of my head?

Eh?

Oh nevermind. You don't watch hockey. I get it.

Edmonton's scouting is literally just "who can we sign from Toronto"

We should just call them the Edmonton maple leafs. Lol

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
This kind of stuff is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, because the implication is that a franchise record for an original six team is a really high and impressive mark but in reality it's just an indication of how underwhelming Toronto's history is for an original six legacy franchise. They've only hit 100 points six times in their history, and their 115 point new franchise record is only 6 points up on Vegas' first year and behind Vegas 20-21 by points percentage. Accounting for the loser point it would be somewhere around 15-20th all-time for Montreal or Boston.

Don't get me wrong, they had an excellent season last year, but "franchise best record" for the Leafs isn't exactly pocket aces when you're trying to argue it's absurd to even ask the question about who's been the better GM.
Yes we are aware of that. The Ballard era was devestating. Causing long lasting misery and failure of which most EVERY OTHER FAN BASE would have stop supporting their club to a point the club would be bankrupt and relocated.

So knowing that...show some respect, ya? Afterall, you are comparing our GM to one from a market that gave up on the NHL already once before and might do so again if they can't find new ownership...

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Bunting? No? Soup? Who were either of these guys before playing in Toronto? And that's just two off the top of my head?

Eh?

Oh nevermind. You don't watch hockey. I get it.

Edmonton's scouting is literally just "who can we sign from Toronto"

We should just call them the Edmonton maple leafs. Lol

Bunting played the World Championships for Team Canada and won gold! It might not be best-on-best, but it's not like they invite invisible players known to no one other than Dubas. The fact that you think all those players are unknown pretty much speaks to you not watching the game, other than maybe your home team.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Bunting played the World Championships for Team Canada and won gold! It might not be best-on-best, but it's not like they invite invisible players known to no one other than Dubas. The fact that you think all those players are unknown pretty much speaks to you not watching the game, other than maybe your home team.
I'm sorry...what were you saying about hockey?

1657831145688.png

Arizona pretty much gave up on the kid then huh? Go away now George. Stick to spotting dimes and eating onions.

Last edited:

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
And once again you try to move the posts to avoid being exposed. :laugh:
I'm not exposed at all. Bunting was a diamond in the rough of which Arizona gave up on and let walk. That's by definition...diamond in the rough. Or are you going to suggest that having watched the season Bunting had with Toronto that they would just let him walk again?

How's the onion taste?

giphy.gif

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
I'm not exposed at all. Bunting was a diamond in the rough of which Arizona gave up on and let walk. That's by definition...diamond in the rough. Or are you going to suggest that having watched the season Bunting had with Toronto that they would just let him walk again?

How's the onion taste?

giphy.gif

"Who were either of these guys before playing in Toronto?"

Well known players to anyone who watch a lot of hockey. That's the point.

Also. You don't find a diamond in the rough on a WC roster. Bunting was approached by several teams and picked Toronto, where he's from and where he knew Dubas and Keefe from before. Congrats Dubas on lucking into this deal!

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
"Who were either of these guys before playing in Toronto?"

Well known players to anyone who watch a lot of hockey. That's the point.

Also. You don't find a diamond in the rough on a WC roster. Bunting was approached by several teams and picked Toronto, where he's from and where he knew Dubas and Keefe from before. Congrats Dubas on lucking into this deal!
Can I let you in on a little secret here fella...I want you to grab something incase you fall over...

every player that finds his way into getting drafted into the NHL....is KNOWN.

LOL

Litterally all of them. You don't "tip toe" into the NHL. You went up through the system and had moments where you've excelled and shown promise. And sometimes that means you played for the worlds...or maybe you were a pivotal part of your junior team winning a championship or perhaps you won some personal hardware.

This baffles me that you think this is a point to be made here. Are we done? was that your big "gotcha"?

Want someone more obscure then?

Ilya Mikheyev Bio​

Mikheyev was an instant hit in the NHL after signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs on May 6, 2019, following four full seasons with Avangard Omsk of the Kontinental Hockey League, his hometown team.

He's now a 4+ mil man in Vancouver. Is that more unknown for ya?

Rest of the league salivating over our sloppy seconds while in the same breath are saying our GM can't find talent? Get the fak outta here. These polls always go the same predictable and tired way;

70 percent against anything Toronto, 30 percent for...regardless of the poll because these boards consist of 30 percent Toronto fans and then the rest of you divided up in your small shitty ass markets. Bitter because even if you win a cup in Colorado, or wheere ever else, somehow-someway... Toronto ends up getting all the attention.

So tired. So predictable.

Last edited:

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Why do you care? Is it because I'm a fan of a superior team?
Mostly because you literally spend hours a day whining about / telling leaf fans how shit their team is. Totally not weird.

By the way if they’re as bad as you insinuate, why bother even talking about them? Closet fan?

Reactions: 1specter

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Dorion under melnyk was worst than dubas.

Dorion this summer has had an excellent run of great trades and building the sens the right way.

Ask me again next year voted for Dubas.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
So you've admitted you're obsessed with the Leafs. Thanks for confirming!

Lol why are you obsessed with me?

Mostly because you literally spend hours a day whining about / telling leaf fans how shit their team is. Totally not weird.

By the way if they’re as bad as you insinuate, why bother even talking about them? Closet fan?

When leaf fans don't have good arguments against criticisms, they try to trash the other fan's team. When that other fan's team is the champs, they claim it's an obsession. I see how it goes.

The90

Feb 27, 2017

When leaf fans don't have good arguments against criticisms, they try to trash the other fan's team. When that other fan's team is the champs, they claim it's an obsession. I see how it goes.
You literally just watched your team win a cup and are spending your summer whining about the leafs. You realize how insecure that is right?

• Love
Reactions: 1specter

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

I'm not obsessed with you, I just don't like dishonesty and people pretending to be a certain way, especially when it ruins almost every discussion here.

You are clearly obsessed and there is no doubting that. Every single Leafs related thread on here has multiple posts from you in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad