Dubas vs. Dorion. Who is the better GM?

Dubas vs. Dorion. Who is the better GM?

• Total voters

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He’s literally not trending in the opposite direction by any measure but this trade. That’s the point. His body of work has generally been good. I do think if they don’t make it out of the first round he’s gone. But I think he pushed his chips in on a group of guys that collectively haven’t gotten it done for 1 reason or another. I’d say the players are more at fault than he is at this point. He’s revamped the team completely to a structured solid team and they haven’t won. You don’t get to say he’s trending badly because of a single trade lol. It’s laughably short sighted

I didn't.....but I think you just did. Read your first sentence, and then the bolded part. :laugh:

Again though, let's go back to a few posts ago when I asked you whether or not the opinion on Dubas has changed favourably from when he took over as GM, to today.

I'm willing to bet it's worse now, and a glance at the Leafs' board last night and this morning would confirm that, IMO.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I didn't.....but I think you just did. Read your first sentence, and then the bolded part. :laugh:

Again though, let's go back to a few posts ago when I asked you whether or not the opinion on Dubas has changed favourably from when he took over as GM, to today.

I'm willing to bet it's worse now, and a glance at the Leafs' board last night and this morning would confirm that, IMO.
I read the first sentence and I don’t get what your point is. You have a single possibly bad trade and your trending badly? He had a 114 point season. You look at the macro of his work, not the micro like you’re trying really hard to imply.

A glance at the leafs board at any point confirms whatever point you want to make. Doom and gloom. That’s your personal opinion on Dubas that’s changed. Not mine. I literally gave you an example of something he did with no cap room to change the team for the better and you’re still pushing for some sort of negative decline. It’s a risky trade and I don’t love it. But they’re still better today with Dubas than their last year under Lou.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Not voting, but in Dubas' defense, he's never made a trade as bad as Zibanejad+2nd for Brassard.

Not voting either, but in the context of trying to compete, Kadri (signed until now at 4.5m) for Barrie and Kerfoot was just about that bad. And the Tavares signing was far, far worse than any deal Dorion signed.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I read the first sentence and I don’t get what your point is. You have a single possibly bad trade and your trending badly? He had a 114 point season. You look at the macro of his work, not the micro like you’re trying really hard to imply.

A glance at the leafs board at any point confirms whatever point you want to make. Doom and gloom. That’s your personal opinion on Dubas that’s changed. Not mine. I literally gave you an example of something he did with no cap room to change the team for the better and you’re still pushing for some sort of negative decline. It’s a risky trade and I don’t love it. But they’re still better today with Dubas than their last year under Lou.

First sentence: "He’s literally not trending in the opposite direction by any measure but this trade."

Bolded sentence: "You don’t get to say he’s trending badly because of a single trade lol"

Sounds like contradiction to me, I'm sure it's not what you intended though.

Just thought it was funny given the way you're really digging in your heels defending him here. :laugh:

Now, again, I feel I've been pretty clear on this whole "judging Dubas by one trade" accusation you keep using. My point this whole time is that the lustre has worn off Kyle Dubas as GM of the Leafs. He's racked up a ton of regular season wins, made some savvy moves along the way, but he still has yet to accomplish anything in the playoffs.

This has led to ridicule from fans around the league, and a growing impatience from many of your fellow Leafs fans.

Maybe you're just more optimistic than they are, I don't know.

But after the run Dubas has had, you can't possibly tell me you're as optimistic on his future with the team now, as you were when he started.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Even if he did, you guys would still be here whining about it

If Dorian had one series win by now with the team dubas had inherited what would we be "whining" about?

I can tell you are extra defensive today because your posts are making even less sense than they normally do.

I wonder if it has to do with the trash trade dubas just made for Murray?

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

If you had told the dubas fan boys back in 2018 that we would have zero playoff series wins by 2022, I wonder if they would've still wanted him as gm.

At this point they have been wrong for too long and are so deluded that they continue making excuses for Kyle's failures year after year.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If you had told the dubas fan boys back in 2018 that we would have zero playoff series wins by 2022, I wonder if they would've still wanted him as gm.

At this point they have been wrong for too long and are so deluded that they continue making excuses for Kyle's failures year after year.

Looking at the roster Dubas inherited when he got the GM gig, I don't think you would've found too many who would've made that proclamation back then, either.....and yet, here we are, with a few stragglers still pumping his tires. :laugh:

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Habs fan who hates both team:

For now it's Dubas, you can't argue with his season results, but recently Dorion has been on a roll, the cherry on top is him blackmailling Dubas (it had to be it, right) into getting Murray

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Dubas was gifted a 104 point team with stars in ELCs. And what hase he accomplished?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Dubas did take Dorion to school in the Zaitsev deal. We got out of his contract and only gave up Brown. Got a 3rd back too.

Dorian got him back on the Murray deal

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Dorian without Melnyk is better than Dubas.

Otherwise, I am not really sure. Dubas has made some good trades, but then he trades away all the firsts to get rid of contracts that didn't pan out (lots of which he made). So I'm not really high on Dubas.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Only gave up Brown…who we will flip for a late first +
Got out of a gross contract still

Well worth giving up.

If we had zaitsev still the team would be in the same position likely just with negative value contract on it.

At least we don't really have any of those right now

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dubas did take Dorion to school in the Zaitsev deal. We got out of his contract and only gave up Brown. Got a 3rd back too.

"only" gave up Brown? I mean, Brown has been the most used Sens forward in each of the last 3 seasons, even more than Pageau, Tkachuk, etc

Zaitsev contract sucks but has been serviceable at times (was even decent in 2020-21) during the rebuild but Brown was more than a "good sweetener" to take on his contract. He's a fantastic 2-way forward

I have this among good Dorion moves (doesn't mean it didn't help the Leafs as well) and you can ask my fellow Sens fans, I have been one of Dorion biggest critics.

Even if he has done very well recently, I still voted Dubas in the current poll

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
I feel like if melnyk was still alive and the two had switched spots in let’s say 2015-2016. Leafs would have probably won a few series by now. Dubas in the other hand would have probably been fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad