Dubas vs. Dorion. Who is the better GM?

Dubas vs. Dorion. Who is the better GM?

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
No I asked for a sane arguement as to why 196 voters logically picked Dorion in this stupid poo poo poll? Otherwise I just gotta assume that it was a poo poo pile on because Dubas made the correct but unpopular choice to not sign Campbell long term to a hefty contract.

You picked Dubas. It was the correct and obvious choice. But because you chose correctly it would make you bend sound reasoning and logic in trying to explain the voting results. I can't either. The only explination there is, is the childish obvious one that seems to be systemic to these boards. It was emotional. They voted based on their feelings. lol.

And notice how, now that it's pretty much played out to how Dubas likely predicted I'm not seeing a poo poo on Holland Poll comparing him to Dubas?

If you REALLY wanted an honest hockey talk, then you would ask if it's feezable for a GM to only pay the really crazy talent on your team and the acknowledge that players like a Hyman or a Campbell are replaceable?

You'd likely say "well that kind of style of payout can't get past the first round!" But then that has nothing to do with Dorion or Dorion's prowess as a GM. Because he hasn't accomplished a damn thing yet. They are clearly still rebuilding. And if they are NOT then he needs to be graded pretty f***ing poorly for not progressing at all again this year.

So this poll wasn't asking an honest question The two GM's are no where near comparable right now since their teams are nowhere near competitive with eachother atm. It was a low brow poo poo'ing poll on the Leafs...again. And I've taken pleasure pointing that out. Before I even checked I was able to predict why this stupid poll was created. And then when I checked the dates, oh look! I was correct!

These boards...so predictable.

OK but not sure why you tell me all that, it has nothing to do with what I was TRYING to discuss but ok, no problem

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
OK but not sure why you tell me all that, it has nothing to do with what I was TRYING to discuss but ok, no problem
You were trying to bend your logic by coming up with some sort of reasoning as to why Dorion won this vote. I've told you why all along.

He won because hockeyboards are emotional. lol. This poll was a knee jerk reaction to poo poo. I know it. You know it. We should just laugh and move on.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You were trying to bend your logic by coming up with some sort of reasoning as to why Dorion won this vote. I've told you why all along.

He won because hockeyboards are emotional. lol. This poll was a knee jerk reaction to poo poo. I know it. You know it. We should just laugh and move on.

No. I don't know how to explain you anything, you seem to completely misunderstand everything I say. Let's move on please

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
He’s accomplished way more than Dubas, even though you say, nothing.
His team got one goal away in double OT from the Stanley cup. Dubas’s team can’t win a round.

Whereas you come up with the BS that TO was first overall a couple of years ago.

No need to be so salty, just take the “L” and move along.
Dorion went the wrong way. It's only pure gm prowess to LOSE all your talent.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He’s accomplished way more than Dubas, even though you say, nothing.
His team got one goal away in double OT from the Stanley cup. Dubas’s team can’t win a round.

Whereas you come up with the BS that TO was first overall a couple of years ago.

No need to be so salty, just take the “L” and move along.

That team was entirely built under Bryan Murray (outside of Burrows, Stalberg and Wingels?)

Oh almost forgot Derick Brassard, which was Dorion first trade that sent Mika Zibanejad (and a 2nd) to New York

He was in an incredible situation when the rebuild started (strong pool + major assets in their prime for trade) and 5 years later, the team hasn't progressed much as a whole

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That team was entirely built under Bryan Murray (outside of Burrows, Stalberg and Wingels?)

Oh almost forgot Derick Brassard, which was Dorion first trade that sent Mika Zibanejad (and a 2nd) to New York

He was in an incredible situation when the rebuild started (strong pool + major assets in their prime for trade) and 5 years later, the team hasn't progressed much as a whole
Couldn’t you use that argument for Dubas and Matthews,Nylander,Rielly, and Marner.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Sens fan on Dubas.
He's assembled an elite team and tweaked it and kept it afloat with extremely limited cap space.
I mean this year they've been out two goaltenders, a major part of their defence and are still playing really good ice hockey. He also hired Keefe, and that's proven to be a good thing.
Dubas obviously has a weakness for Soo players, like our former GM Bryan Murray loved his vets and Ottawa bois, but there's not a hell wrong with the Leafs.

Dorion has been poor at pro scouting, excellent at youth scouting and development and mid on coach hires. Boucher was fine for a while, Smith is garbo and who knows who the next coach will be?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That’s nice, but didn’t answer the question.

Which question?

About Marner, Matthews, etc? Already addressed it in this thread. Look up

Dorion has been poor at pro scouting, excellent at youth scouting and development and mid on coach hires. Boucher was fine for a while, Smith is garbo and who knows who the next coach will be?

Dorion most likely won't have the opportunity to hire a new coaching staff. Team is about to get sold

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Lol the results. Not surprised. Dubas took Dorion to the cleaners with the Zaitsev trade. Was jokes listening to Sen fans for years act like he isnt god awful. Maybe they can use that 2nd they got for Brown to dump him. Actually, the sens could probably use someone like Brown right now, maybe they shouldnt have axed him.

No GM is perfect, and both have faults, but cmon lol. Look at the team Dorion has put on the ice. He thought it was better to trade the 7th overall+ for a goal scoring winger rather than try and help out his defence. And the one move he made for defence was trading a 3rd for Hamonic :facepalm:. Dubas took a horrible defensive leafs team and has turned them into a top half defensive team.

While many (including me) thought that Dubas should have gotten much more for taking on Murray, early on its not looking like a horrible deal.

Sen fans can keep celebrating winning the off season and the summer of Pierre while the leaf fans can keep celebrating regular season success and playoff shortcomings.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I guess the summer of Pierre was a bit premature :laugh:

789EC913-6CFD-4A58-82D9-D96ED868C8E4.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad